What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 MBB Team

I love seeing roster chaos in Arizona! Just makes my heart warm!
Interestingly, Utah got 6’9 240 Ezra Ausur, so they probably are going big at 3 spot?
Only thing that makes my heart warmer is roster chaos in Arizona AND Utah! I guess if we don’t play Nebraska every year; we can double down on hating 4 programs in Arizona & Utah? BYU not a stretch to hate!

The revamped roster has room to grow, as Boyle still has an open scholarship at his disposal. Yet he indicated that spot might remain vacant for the time being.

CU’s leader has expressed confidence in the returning guard contingent of Julian Hammond III, Javon Ruffin, RJ Smith and Courtney Anderson. In addition to the three graduate transfers joining the frontcourt, the Buffs also boast players in 6-foot-8 Assane Diop and 6-foot-11 Bangot Dak looking to take significant steps forward as sophomores.

Boyle no longer is shopping to fill a need, and any further additions will occur only in a best-fit scenario, or if a new recruiting opportunity unfolds. Boyle added former guard Keeshawn Barthelemy in August of 2019 just ahead of the start of school. The open spot could provide a cushion in the event of any unfortunate summer injury situation, and Boyle also noted if the slot remains open it might create a chance to reward one of the Buffs’ walk-ons, as Boyle did with former forward Will Loughlin during the 2021-22 season.

“I feel really good about the roster and where it’s at,” Boyle said. “We’ve got that one open in case something anything comes up. If a difference-maker becomes available, we’ll look at it. If not, we’ll stand pat.

“When you fill 13 scholarships every single year, you can only play eight to nine in your rotations. You’re just setting yourself up to lose guys. So we’re going to be a little bit more judicious in using all 13, if we do.”

The revamped roster has room to grow, as Boyle still has an open scholarship at his disposal. Yet he indicated that spot might remain vacant for the time being.

CU’s leader has expressed confidence in the returning guard contingent of Julian Hammond III, Javon Ruffin, RJ Smith and Courtney Anderson. In addition to the three graduate transfers joining the frontcourt, the Buffs also boast players in 6-foot-8 Assane Diop and 6-foot-11 Bangot Dak looking to take significant steps forward as sophomores.

Boyle no longer is shopping to fill a need, and any further additions will occur only in a best-fit scenario, or if a new recruiting opportunity unfolds. Boyle added former guard Keeshawn Barthelemy in August of 2019 just ahead of the start of school. The open spot could provide a cushion in the event of any unfortunate summer injury situation, and Boyle also noted if the slot remains open it might create a chance to reward one of the Buffs’ walk-ons, as Boyle did with former forward Will Loughlin during the 2021-22 season.

“I feel really good about the roster and where it’s at,” Boyle said. “We’ve got that one open in case something anything comes up. If a difference-maker becomes available, we’ll look at it. If not, we’ll stand pat.

“When you fill 13 scholarships every single year, you can only play eight to nine in your rotations. You’re just setting yourself up to lose guys. So we’re going to be a little bit more judicious in using all 13, if we do.”
Angry Fuck Me GIF

In Tad I trust. The previous 2 seasons I went into most concerned about our PG situation, we ended up with Ski's 1st team all-conference year and DWhite. I'm sure Tad knows something I don't.

In Tad I trust. The previous 2 seasons I went into most concerned about our PG situation, we ended up with Ski's 1st team all-conference year and DWhite. I'm sure Tad knows something I don't.
Wstch Hammond blow our minds…up or down, either way it will be exciting. I, of course, root for being pleasanty surprised

Wstch Hammond blow our minds…up or down, either way it will be exciting. I, of course, root for being pleasanty surprised
He just doesn’t have it in him. He’s not that guy. I trust Tad, but going into a critical season for the program with these four guards is going to be brutal. Two dudes who have never played before ( the 15 total minutes RJ has played really don’t count), a gutsy but ultimately broken Ruffin, and a player who won’t fight over screens, is careless with the ball (especially in crunch time), is better playing off the ball, and is soft and undersized compared to the guards in the conference night in and night out spells disaster. I’m glad Tad is giving these guys a vote of confidence, but I’m pretty sure he’d give his right nut for a true, battle hardened PG at this point.

This roster lacks a leader. Like, a real one. You and I know what to expect when Tad rolls out a roster without a lead dog.
That is the real issue. Who will be the guy who drives the personality of this team. Ideally it ends up being whoever is our best player, because I don't think we have a Nate or Evan with the force of personality to command that role while scoring 8 points.

That is the real issue. Who will be the guy who drives the personality of this team. Ideally it ends up being whoever is our best player, because I don't think we have a Nate or Evan with the force of personality to command that role while scoring 8 points.

my money is on RJ, leading from the defensive end

I also like that Baskin and Malone come to CU after being at the very top of their respective divisions, nationwide. even if they’ll have growing pains athletically that’s gotta come with a certain leader mentality

I dunno, just trying to find silver linings while crying inside about our PG sitch

This is my take for basketball. Trust in Tad and see how things go.

Have to dominate at home in this league.

Back