What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Transfer Portal is Open

Maybe you can clarify where/when you heard Tad say he’s done w/ class?
It was a few weekends ago right before CU officially welcomed the newcomers. Where? That will have to remain top secret because I'm a member of a super-secret society boys club that occasionally puts me in contact with coaches and ex-coaches (awkwardly). If they ever found out that I was an AB meathead, they'd take me out of the picture. Erase me completely.

It was a few weekends ago right before CU officially welcomed the newcomers. Where? That will have to remain top secret because I'm a member of a super-secret society boys club that occasionally puts me in contact with coaches and ex-coaches (awkwardly). If they ever found out that I was an AB meathead, they'd take me out of the picture. Erase me completely.
You know the Colonel?!?

@buffaholic is a reliable source. Barring something weird happening, we're done.
Could be the case, but I go to Tad's comment that they'll "take a pause"- means to me they'll see what's left on the table that can help team more than giving scholy to Harrison Carrington? Who has obviously earned minutes as Walk-On earlier this past season- and has shooting & maybe some driving. But need D on Wing? If do hold pat, helps in-case player becomes available in-season (last time Tad gave scholy to Walk-On, waited until end of season- so scholy paid for previous season).

But as long as character guys, who can help the team are left on board-gotta think they're at-least looking at guys left in the transfer (not this weekend though, as it's live-period to go to Texas and California events (& maybe Iowa Event for A'mare Bynum?) do in-person evaluations of '25s & '26s:

Top Transfer targets?:
1) CJ Walker- questions on character & may want big NIL$, but 6'7 Wing that sees himself as NBA prospect- could be CU's answer for Tough Big-12 Wings?
2) Caleb Murphy- 2-Way PtG, great on-ball creator (only other currently, maybe Felix Kossaras?) & orchestrator/scorer (Grad Transfer could start w/ Julian?).
3) Xavier Foster- 7’ Stretch PF probably garnering lots of interest & high NIL offers- like CJ Walker- but perfect Tad Ball fit at 4/5 takes pressure off Dak/Rancik?

Good talent left on '24 board, that probably getting used to new norm to wait on Transfer Portal before late signing (could cut into their 6/1 Boulder off-season training):
4) Diouf - 7' Stretch in Arizona (1 of highest rated left on board; deep/national recruitment may be hard to win)
5) Amari Davis - 6/9 PtG/W of Neveda grossly under-recruited & could be a steal for position-less Tad Ball.

Least likely options, still improve team more than Carrington?
6) Stephen Osei - 6'11 tougher, Dak-like clone, with 2-way perimeter game & maybe better 3-Pt shot than we've seen so far from Dak & Diop at this stage?
7) Brandon Crawford- True Power Forward that Tad probably doesn't chase, when he's in with multiple '25 PFs- including elite motor & 3Pt shooter Michael Simcoe at 4 & Bynum at 3/4 (to pair with Tee Bartlett at 5 for CU's front court of the future?).

Injury Senior Year, probably keeps @thecalebmurphy1 under the radar:

Wouldn't hurt to have another veteran ball handler, but he's not as good as Hammond. Physically, I question whether a guy his size (only weighs about 160) could hold up against the physical guards in the Big 12.
He's small. MAYBE 5-10 150. That said, anyone we pick up is going to be tougher than Hammond. #Gonnabekeenwinning13

Wouldn't hurt to have another veteran ball handler, but he's not as good as Hammond. Physically, I question whether a guy his size (only weighs about 160) could hold up against the physical guards in the Big 12.
He was the pre-season WAC POY before injury so he has to be pretty good. I’d take him over Hammond, but I doubt it happens

Back