What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Assistant Coach Hiring Thread

Another theory would be that Sal has moved on but they don't want to announce it until it's too late to do a coaching search, and can just hand the job to Sapp.
It seems pretty clear to me that Sal has been out in every way (and likely retired) other than the "official way".
Does Prime strike you as someone who has to do a coaching search to appease anyone?
Sapp literally can’t be the DL coach since he isn’t a college grad. And there are rules on who can coach on the field.

Such a weird situation
Sapp has graduated. Grad Assistants can coach on the field and recruit, which is why Sapp was put in that position.

Does Prime strike you as someone who has to do a coaching search to appease anyone?

Sapp has graduated. Grad Assistants can coach on the field and recruit, which is why Sapp was put in that position.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but his degree is not from an accredited university.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but his degree is not from an accredited university.
I mean, he’s literally a graduate assistant at CU where he could technically earn his Masters if he decided to. I assume that in order to get into a CU Boulder Graduate program your undergrad must be from an accredited university.

Sapp literally can’t be the DL coach since he isn’t a college grad. And there are rules on who can coach on the field.

Such a weird situation
I think it's a CU issue rather than a NCAA issue, but I could be wrong. Anyway, the problem seems to be that his degree is from a non-accredited institution.

I think it's a CU issue rather than a NCAA issue, but I could be wrong. Anyway, the problem seems to be that his degree is from a non-accredited institution.
I don't see how he could possibly be admitted to a CU Graduate Program with his undergrad degree, but not be a position coach for the football program because his degree is from a non-accredited institution.

I also don't think he went through whatever process he did to get his degree only for it to not be eligible for him to be a full time coach.

I don't see how he could possibly be admitted to a CU Graduate Program with his undergrad degree, but not be a position coach for the football program because his degree is from a non-accredited institution.

I also don't think he went through whatever process he did to get his degree only for it to not be eligible for him to be a full time coach.
I'm just guessing, but maybe not all accreditations are created equal? Could be CU and the NCAA use different criteria to consider accreditations?

Back