What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Transfer Portal is Open

Chicago State?

easy a GIF

Yeah. One of those guys who had that easy offense and that quick bounce which really stood out. If someone can get him to play differently than a disinterested-Melo-in-AAU-game, he could be spectacular. I didn't see a lot of fight in this dog, though.
He's the Cormani of basketball. A lot of talent that he's taken for granted his entire life.

Chicago State?

easy a GIF
At a
School like that, coach might join st let him do his thing and see what happens, lol

I don't think Quincy will ever be anything more than a black hole on offense. He doesn't seem to understand the team concept.

I didn’t think much of Sam Metivier’s analysis before, but today’s analysis seems mostly spot-on!? I would only add that Rancik joins Kossaras as Frosh most likely in rotation? Both said chance to contribute early were big factors in them signing, where-as Crawford said he knew he may not play much early-as Drew saw PtG dept in front of him. But if 6’6 Drew ends up as Nique Clifford- like ComboG/Wing at 3, I’ll take it!

Big-12 Update:
(CU needs to stay in Top 6-9 talent-wise to hope for tourney in 1st year?)
-Baylor losing 7’ Boyed, but getting 6’7 scoring Big Omier, only solidifies them in Top-10 Nationally w/ KU/Houston/Iowa St.
-Arizona likely losing Love to NBA=needs guard & maybe athletic wing. Just not convinced Frosh Phillips & Bradley at Pt, w/ Frosh Bryant on Wing keeps them Top-25?
-W-Virginia w/ Pt Small, SG Powell & SF DeVries-have 3 guys who could get 20Pts any game & Coach DeVries still signing guys!
-Cincinnati can’t afford to lose 7’ Bandaogo to NBA-or need Big to stay Top-35 range?
-BYU stealing Keita from Utah helps, but not impressed w/ their over-all additions-yet?
-Utah getting Gabe Madsen’s brother Mason at Pt may not move needle enough - yet?
-Buffs need to stay in front of TX Tech & K-State (Utah & ASU too) w talent (on paper, at least)-which we seem to be doing so far? NEED OUR LEAD GUARD! GO BUFFS!

I didn’t think much of Sam Metivier’s analysis before, but today’s analysis seems mostly spot-on!? I would only add that Rancik joins Kossaras as Frosh most likely in rotation? Both said chance to contribute early were big factors in them signing, where-as Crawford said he knew he may not play much early-as Drew saw PtG dept in front of him. But if 6’6 Drew ends up as Nique Clifford- like ComboG/Wing at 3, I’ll take it!

Big-12 Update:
(CU needs to stay in Top 6-9 talent-wise to hope for tourney in 1st year?)
-Baylor losing 7’ Boyed, but getting 6’7 scoring Big Omier, only solidifies them in Top-10 Nationally w/ KU/Houston/Iowa St.
-Arizona likely losing Love to NBA=needs guard & maybe athletic wing. Just not convinced Frosh Phillips & Bradley at Pt, w/ Frosh Bryant on Wing keeps them Top-25?
-W-Virginia w/ Pt Small, SG Powell & SF DeVries-have 3 guys who could get 20Pts any game & Coach DeVries still signing guys!
-Cincinnati can’t afford to lose 7’ Bandaogo to NBA-or need Big to stay Top-35 range?
-BYU stealing Keita from Utah helps, but not impressed w/ their over-all additions-yet?
-Utah getting Gabe Madsen’s brother Mason at Pt may not move needle enough - yet?
-Buffs need to stay in front of TX Tech & K-State (Utah & ASU too) w talent (on paper, at least)-which we seem to be doing so far? NEED OUR LEAD GUARD! GO BUFFS!
Thinking this team will dance next year is a fools errand.

I'm just looking forward to seeing progress from the young guys, and a handful of big nights from Baskin and Malone.

https://www.buffzone.com/2024/05/06/rooney-cu-buffs-3-extra-points-may-6-2024/
“If Hammond and Ruffin stay healthy and play the way they’re capable of playing, our guard spot will be fine,” Boyle said.

Such a cringe-worthy quote from Tad. No, you won’t be fine if that’s the starting backcourt. That would be awful.

Regardless, what exactly is the goal here? I would hope it’s to put together the best roster possible. Not look at your roster, shrug your shoulders, and think, eh I think we’ll be fine.

Such a cringe-worthy quote from Tad. No, you won’t be fine if that’s the starting backcourt. That would be awful.

Regardless, what exactly is the goal here? I would hope it’s to put together the best roster possible. Not look at your roster, shrug your shoulders, and think, eh I think we’ll be fine.
I'm sure it would have been good for Tad to say, "we've got 4 ok backups on the roster, and we're ducked if we don't get someone else." 🙄

Of all the things Tad should get leeway with, number one has got to be recruiting and developing guards.

Milwaukee Bucks What GIF by NBA

Starting two players in your backcourt who can't run the offense, can't create shots and can't play defense is a different kind of flex.

Milwaukee Bucks What GIF by NBA

Starting two players in your backcourt who can't run the offense, can't create shots and can't play defense is a different kind of flex.
Maybe just go w a flyer next season, boot out what didn’t take the challenge and go all in on a PG that leads the team as a frosh next season. Josiah Sanders looks interesting from what was posted…at least will not be bullied. Colorado, lefty…why not being the next Chauncey. Obv have not seen him live, so maybe just hope

Back