What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

10 January Enrollees

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
The 10 includes Alfano, so it is him plus the 9 recruits who signed in December. That's a very solid percentage and makes a big difference.

If someone could check whether Adam has the behind the pay wall, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it. Would be nice to speak freely instead of editing ourselves.

I'd think we're all hoping it'll be with Alfano. How much he changes or impacts the D is whether he can play to his rating or not. Also, coaches putting him in the best positions to use what he has. That's the obvious answer :D . My opinion is he'd make a big impact because I think he's the real deal. With our secondary, we sure as hell need him to be.

I think Lee gets a serious chance to be the starter. Lewis is a bit of an unknown but he has every chance to get the starting QB gig. Everyone else will be significant contributors most likely outside of Williams, that’ll be up to the coaches if they feel they want to RS him. Alfano will get significant time if he gets his waiver, I sure hope he does.

I'd think we're all hoping it'll be with Alfano. How much he changes or impacts the D is whether he can play to his rating or not. Also, coaches putting him in the best positions to use what he has. That's the obvious answer :D . My opinion is he'd make a big impact because I think he's the real deal. With our secondary, we sure as hell need him to be.

I know we’re jaded fans around these parts and I’d prefer to not make absolute statements. But Alfano is good, he’s REALLY, REALLY good at football and this is a guy that was going to see significant time at Alabama of all places. I think he’s a guy that could make an impact like an upper class men next year and be an absolutely dominating force by the time he’s in his 2nd/3rd year at CU. I’m so ridiculously stoked he’s here.

Our defense will be significantly improved next year with, or without Alfano. That said, if Alfano is able to play, everyone will be wondering why he ever rotates off the field. That's how much better he is than what we have IMO.

Alfano should give opposing offenses something to scheme around. When you have a guy that the other team has to specifically account for, it opens up opportunities for other players to make plays. Based on that alone, Alfano playing would make a tremendous difference next year.

The next 8 months is the most crucial period for body development that Jason Harris will ever have in his career. Hopefully, he's full time with a top-shelf S&C outfit like what McChesney runs (there's a bunch of them in Phoenix area).

He should have no basketball, no outrageous class time restraints, nothing else to do but get bigger. Last semester, be out of class by noon?

I'd be shocked if this kid doesn't show up in August with a whole new physique. If he doesn't, he's not doing it right.

Is the Alfano situation all or nothing for next year? Or could they rule him to be eligible as of some point in Sept/Oct based on when he left Alabama?

The next 8 months is the most crucial period for body development that Jason Harris will ever have in his career. Hopefully, he's full time with a top-shelf S&C outfit like what McChesney runs (there's a bunch of them in Phoenix area).

He should have no basketball, no outrageous class time restraints, nothing else to do but get bigger. Last semester, be out of class by noon?

I'd be shocked if this kid doesn't show up in August with a whole new physique. If he doesn't, he's not doing it right.

I wouldn’t say he’s not doing right, I just think it will take him a couple years to fill out. Expect him to still be underweight for his body when he arrives in the summer.

Is the Alfano situation all or nothing for next year? Or could they rule him to be eligible as of some point in Sept/Oct based on when he left Alabama?

I just tried to google the info and I’m more confused now then i was before lol. Needlessly complex rules for everything NCAA.

I just tried to google the info and I’m more confused now then i was before lol. Needlessly complex rules for everything NCAA.
They could grant him eligibility right away, or from the point in time where he entered the portal. Or they could have him sit a year.

Only modifier I'd put on this is that you never really know when someone is going to get his "man growth" which usually happens some time after the growth plates close and he starts to get thicker naturally. Especially with guys who have that long & lean basketball build, they can be putting in a ton of work in the weight room and see strength gains but don't really see mass being put on their frame. Then, all of a sudden they may have that summer when their body responds and they transform over a 3 month lifting cycle into a massive dude.

Back