What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO QB Dylan McCaffrey (Verbal to Michigan)

ElCunado

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

377208.jpg

Valor Christian H.S. (Highlands Ranch, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/dcaf20

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 185
40:

Rivals rating: 4*-6.0rr; #4 QB-D (#52 overall)
Scout rating: 4*; #8 QB (#109 overall)
ESPN rating: 4*-84 grade; #2 QB-P (#60 overall)
247s rating: 4*-95 grade; #4 QB-P (#58 overall)

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, CSU, Duke, LSU, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Northwestern, Penn State, Rutgers, UCLA, Virginia, Washington, Washington State

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2697005/dylan-mccaffrey

Don't know much about the posters on the prep board and if it's reliable?

https://coloradoprepreport.rivals.c...&tid=173034159&mid=173034159&sid=1011&style=2

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a McCaffrey and he's from Valor. Got to get to him early to get him to remember us at all, unfortunately. I'm not convinced we'll do enough to improve our odds regardless of whether he ends up a 4* QB prospect two years but a prospect definitely remembers those who have been recruiting him the longest.

Buffs offer '17 CO QB Dylan McCaffrey according to prep board

Very little chance this kid signs with CU. MikeMac will have definitely earned if by some chance he does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to move this to the "Futures" sub-forum with a new thread title. Either I or one of the mods will edit the OP to turn it into a profile.

Edit: done

11 throws at the high school level and he has an offer. He said they offered after his performance at the June 1 camp.

Watched him play today versus Grandview in the semis. He looked the part, especially for a sophomore. He threw some nice balls but he struggled some with Grandview's blitz, too. The mobility looked about like Sefo. Hopefully, the buffs finish well enough next year to make a good run at him in the summer of '16.

Watched him play today versus Grandview in the semis. He looked the part, especially for a sophomore. He threw some nice balls but he struggled some with Grandview's blitz, too. The mobility looked about like Sefo. Hopefully, the buffs finish well enough next year to make a good run at him in the summer of '16.

He'll be spoken for by then. Good quarterbacks come off the board early. If you're talking summer work, then it's next summer that is key. Thanks for the in-person scouting report.

Last edited:
He'll be spoken for by then. Good quarterbacks come off the board early. If you're talking summer work, then it's next summer that is key. Thanks for the in-person scouting report.

Point taken, GB. I don't know how good this kid is compared to blue-chip qb's, but it'd be interesting to see how far a commit from him would go in changing perceptions of the buffs.

From the little I saw, you can see his potential. He's going to be a big time recruit.

I can't imagine a sophomore QB looking better that McCaffery does. He has all the physical tools you would want in a qb.

Very little chance this kid signs with CU. MikeMac will have definitely earned if by some chance he does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE he's akready at Stanford. His dad will twist his arm like Christians to go to his alma matter with his bro. VERY little chance of him going to cu unless they really start winning a ton more they may have a chance.

It's dumb to write a recruit off over two years before he signs. A lot can change in that time. What if Stanford is going 3-9 and we're 7-5?

It's dumb to write a recruit off over two years before he signs. A lot can change in that time. What if Stanford is going 3-9 and we're 7-5?

Let's see,

Dad's a legacy, brother goes there, Stanford on the diploma.

CU is an excellent choice but for someone with a strong connection to Stanford to turn down the opportunity to go to Stanford. ????

Let's see,

CU is an excellent choice but for someone with a strong connection to Stanford to turn down the opportunity to go to Stanford. ????
Stanford's a great school, but not everything is great about it. All I am saying is the kid doesn't sign his LOI until Feb 2017, writing off anyone, especially an in-state kid, this early doesn't seem that logical to me. A lot can change between now and Feb of 2017.

Let's see,

Maybe Peyton doesn't want to go to Ole Miss.

Maybe Peyton doesn't want to go to Ole Miss.

Not saying it is in any way a guarantee, still worth the effort of recruiting until the final no.

On the other hand might be a little bit of a difference between Stanford and Ole Miss.

Back