What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 MN PG McKinley Wright (Signed to COLORADO)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

jea-0009-apple-valley-champlin-park-4a-championship.jpg

Champlin Park HS (Champlin, MN)

AAU: Net Gail Sports

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kin_wright25

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 180

Rivals rating: 3; unranked PG
Scout rating: 3*; #35 PG
ESPN rating: unrated PG
247s rating: 3*-89 grade; #31 PG (#158 overall)

Reported Offers: Creighton, Dayton, Denver, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas State, Memphis, Minnesota, Nebraska, Sam Houston State, Texas Tech, Xavier

Last edited:
Champlin Park point guard McKinley Wright was named the 2017 winner of the Minnesota Mr. Basketball award on Sunday night.

Wright, a Dayton commit, averaged 23.1 points, eight rebounds and 7.3 assists this season while leading the Rebels to a 31-1 record and the program’s second runnerup finish in the Class 4A state tournament in three seasons.
http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/2...ey-wright-named-2017-minnesota-mr-basketball/

Wright had committed to Archie Miller and Dayton, but then Wright sought his release after Miller took the Indiana job. That release was granted on April 10th.

Last edited:
Mike Rohn was an immediate follower on twitter, so the Buffs definitely showed interest.

Today, I noticed that both Battey and Bey had connected with Wright... so it looks like there's some fire with this smoke. Would be a tremendous addition to this recruiting class.

Mike Rohn was an immediate follower on twitter, so the Buffs definitely showed interest.

Today, I noticed that both Battey and Bey had connected with Wright... so it looks like there's some fire with this smoke. Would be a tremendous addition to this recruiting class.
Great find. I've been off the Twitter stalking game on this kid because I thought he was going to Indiana. If they don't offer, watch out. I would love Wright, a grad transfer PG, and Odingo.

EDIT: It seems like the insiders think he's going to Indiana
http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...n-Park-Senior-139672/CurrentExpertPredictions

Last edited:
Just watched a few more of his clips. If we are going to get a prep guard, I'd love for it to be Wright. Fearless, smooth to the basket, good vision.

Trading 2 years of Tommy for 4 years of McKinley is a move we should all be extremely pleased by if if happens.
I agree, though they are completely different player. Honestly, he reminds me of Dom, in a good way. Smooth, big enough, big wingspan. He may be more aggressive and better at attacking the rack

Minnesota, Indiana, Butler, Baylor, Colorado and Dayton are among the schools Wright, a senior at Champlin Park High School (Minn.), is considering.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...dayton-flyers-recruit/FeG4TddnTadl1S4kXPeYPJ/

Wright, ranked 158th in the nation in the Class of 2017 by 24/7 sports, said about 15 schools have reached out since he got his release from Dayton, including Baylor, Butler, Colorado, Indiana — where Miller is now coach — and, yes, the Gophers. Dayton is still a possibility, too.
http://www.inforum.com/sports/4254921-top-minnesota-hoops-recruit-wright-considering-gophers

Nothing we couldn't piece together, but great knowing we are in consideration. This is like the third recruit that Butler and CU have battled on this offseason

Somewhat related, but a lot of the schools that we are competing with McKinley for are also going after this kid

Ohio State just started following Wright, so if Thompson ends up there or Butler, that's good for us

In all seriousness, this is my favorite recruit we were in on, including Ondigo. I know we have a dearth of bigs on the roster, but we lost 4 guards this year. And guards run CBB anyway. This guy is a ball-handler who can drive and dish, which is good enough for me

Edit:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
In all seriousness, this is my favorite recruit we were in on, including Ondigo. I know we have a dearth of bigs on the roster, but we lost 4 guards this year. And guards run CBB anyway. This guy is a ball-handler who can drive and dish, which is good enough for me
More importantly, he significantly improves our ability to play man defense.

Would be a very good thing if Thompson commits to Butler and gets them out of the running.

Just want to say that being Mr Basketball of Minnesota is really good. Tre Jones is a '18 PG in Minneapolis that is going to be a top 25ish player next year. Gary Trent Jr, who is a top player this year is from Minnesota, and he likely would have won Mr Basketball if he weren't at Findlay this past year. Minnesota has talent, and McKinley winning the award says positive things.

Just want to say that being Mr Basketball of Minnesota is really good. Tre Jones is a '18 PG in Minneapolis that is going to be a top 25ish player next year. Gary Trent Jr, who is a top player this year is from Minnesota, and he likely would have won Mr Basketball if he weren't at Findlay this past year. Minnesota has talent, and McKinley winning the award says positive things.
That's Tre guarding him in the above photo. Brother of Tyus as I'm sure you're aware.

Because I care too much about recruiting, I browsed the Butler and Dayton forums. Butler fans seem to think that the attention has focused on Aaron and Darius Thompson, so good news for us, while Dayton fans were surprisingly even-keeled. They outlined more Colorado benefits than the classic weed jokes. We might be in good shape here. After us, he has two OVs left if he so chooses. Already visited Dayton and Minnesota, I believe

Back