What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CA TE Jake Peters (Signed to Arizona)

Sophomore highlights:

No junior highlights because he ruptured his Achilles last summer and missed his entire junior season.

Attended CU's April 15th junior day event.

Scout (Biggins 4/18/17):
"Colorado was a great visit, I really enjoyed it there," Peters said. "They had a Junior Day Saturday but my dad had a work event that day so we just went up on Friday. Gary Bernardi (CU TE coach) was actually the coach who recruited my dad to Arizona back in the 80s so they had some funny stories to tell about their days together at UA.

"I was also able to sit down and had a good talk with coach (Mike) MacIntyre (head coach). He told me they're very interested but just want to see me run. The campus is incredible and the facilities and stadium were incredible as well. The air quality is definitely better than back home and I really enjoyed my time there and have a lot of of interest in the CU program."

Rivals (Singer 4/19/17):
"He [Coach Els - Peters' area recruiter] actually coached with my head coach at the University of Nebraska," Peters said. "He's learning a lot about CU right now. He asked me a lot about what kind of school i'm looking for and if CU fits that mold."

Peters hopes that he impresses Els this spring and lands an offer.

"It would be a big one. I really like Colorado," Peters said. "They're very high on my list. I'm excited to see where our relationship goes from here because they have a really special thing going, and I'd love to be a part of it."

Chev, Els, Hall, Chidera and Katie Bason all following from CU football staff. Callier from the team.

That Washington offer is looming large and this is a kid who could blow up during his senior year once he shows that he's healthy & fully recovered. I found some basketball film from his sophomore year. He's a good athlete with strong hands. (I love basketball film for receivers and DBs.)

Sorry I'm late on here but I got to talk to Jake today. Said some interesting stuff on the offense they sold him on:

Amazing that we would go from an offense where the TE was an afterthought to an offense where we would be featuring a TE is just two years.

I'm all for it.

He’ll transfer to Colorado this summer with the hope of being immediately eligible. He already used up his red-shirt year at Arizona but could have three years to play three depending on potential new transfer rule going in to affect.

"The NCAA is voting in June on new rule that would allow players a chance to transfer once with out having to sit out," Peters said. "I already won my Pac-12 waiver so if the vote doesn't go through, I'm going to appeal and try and get immediate eligibility."

Back