What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 JC ILB Jashua Allen (SIGNED to COLORADO)

tenor.gif

That is a bummer, but I can see why with the guys in front of him. I hope that he enjoyed his time here. I wish him the best at his next stop. I don't think you can blame a guy for transferring in search of more playing time.

I hate to ask this, but I don't know all the transfer rules. With him being a senior, does that mean the Buffs can bring in another Transfer on schollie? Is that only permitted if he graduates, thus a grad transfer or is he still a counter no matter what?

That is a bummer, but I can see why with the guys in front of him. I hope that he enjoyed his time here. I wish him the best at his next stop. I don't think you can blame a guy for transferring in search of more playing time.

I hate to ask this, but I don't know all the transfer rules. With him being a senior, does that mean the Buffs can bring in another Transfer on schollie? Is that only permitted if he graduates, thus a grad transfer or is he still a counter?
My understanding is that he is a counter until the new academic year starts. At that point a new player could be brought in if we're under 85 like how Nigel Bethel was last year. That new player would then be an initial counter against the 2021 class limit.

My understanding is that he is a counter until the new academic year starts. At that point a new player could be brought in if we're under 85 like how Nigel Bethel was last year. That new player would then be an initial counter against the 2021 class limit.

This may be a dumb question, but if you bring in a Grad Transfer this year does that have to be a counter for 2020, or is it 2021? It probably gets even crazier if the season is moved to the Spring and the player enrolls in January.

This may be a dumb question, but if you bring in a Grad Transfer this year does that have to be a counter for 2020, or is it 2021? It probably gets even crazier if the season is moved to the Spring and the player enrolls in January.
I'm not sure that LC, RG, KD and Chev could even answer your question right now if we have a spring semester season.

Regarding a grad transfer to play this season, I'm almost certain we can only do it if we're below the 2020 counter limits. I know we can bring in regular transfers once school starts if we're under the 85 and that they'd be an initial counter to the next class - we've done that in the past with several players like Bethel.

Back