What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 MI RB Jaren Mangham (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

22923789-mmmain.jpg

Cass Tech (Detroit, MI)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/jarenmangham

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 213
40:

247s rating: 3* - 87 grade; #36 ATH
ESPN rating: 4* - 80 grade; #37 ATH
Rivals rating: 4* - 5.8rr; #14 RB (#245 overall)

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8865 rating / #23 ATH / #422 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arkansas, Ball State, Central Michigan, Cincinnati, CSU, Florida, Florida State, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina State, Ohio, Oregon, Pitt, Purdue, Syracuse, TCU, Temple, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Toledo, UCLA, Washington State, West Virginia, Western Michigan, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Last edited:
Question: why do we even bother with a guy like this? Has he given any indication that he would be willing to go this far away from home? Is our offer merely ceremonial? Unless he has shown some kind of willingness to come here, why bother? I realize it doesn’t take much to just extend an offer and see if there is any interest there. Is that what we are doing?

Question: why do we even bother with a guy like this? Has he given any indication that he would be willing to go this far away from home? Is our offer merely ceremonial? Unless he has shown some kind of willingness to come here, why bother? I realize it doesn’t take much to just extend an offer and see if there is any interest there. Is that what we are doing?

Why not?

Has he given any indication that he isn't willing to go this far away from home? Half his offers are from programs further away than Colorado, so should those schools not be recruiting him either? This is a strange comment about a blue chip recruit.

This is a strange comment about a blue chip recruit.
You may want to go back and read my comment again. I clearly state that it’s easy to offer a kid and see if there’s interest. If that’s all we are doing, then fine. But if we don’t get a warm and fuzzy from him pretty soon, I wouldn’t expend any more energy on him. And if we have received some kind of indication, that’s good. Go get him. No problem with that at all. My comments are based on the fact that we have limited resources to recruit a limited number of players.

Still seem strange or are you just having difficulty reading today?

You may want to go back and read my comment again. I clearly state that it’s easy to offer a kid and see if there’s interest. If that’s all we are doing, then fine. But if we don’t get a warm and fuzzy from him pretty soon, I wouldn’t expend any more energy on him. And if we have received some kind of indication, that’s good. Go get him. No problem with that at all. My comments are based on the fact that we have limited resources to recruit a limited number of players.

This fits with what I'd said about how you don't go outside the footprint unless the player is someone you connected with at a camp or visited CU on an unofficial or you have an existing relationship because he's a legacy. This recruitment falls within that and makes sense to me. It's an outlier, but it's the right kind of outlier.

Tuna Mac does not have a history of offering a kid unless he expresses some kind of interest in CU.

This is the kind of RB I want in our system!
I’m not 100% certain, but we might be recruiting him at LB. IIRC, Adam and Tyler (our 247 writers) said he worked out at both RB and LB for us last summer at the camp and looked great at both.

I’m not 100% certain, but we might be recruiting him at LB. IIRC, Adam and Tyler (our 247 writers) said he worked out at both RB and LB for us last summer at the camp and looked great at both.
I could see us doing that. This is the size and make of the RB I want caring the ball. Looks like a stud! Has good feet, breaks tackles or drags the pile with him.

Nice try to deflect the part about "Why do we even bother with a guy like this" question due to his location. That is the part I find very strange and yes, I still do.

This fits with what I'd said about how you don't go outside the footprint unless the player is someone you connected with at a camp or visited CU on an unofficial or you have an existing relationship because he's a legacy. This recruitment falls within that and makes sense to me. It's an outlier, but it's the right kind of outlier.
Thank you. This is the correct way to answer my question. I appreciate it.

Texas A & M looks like they are in the lead. He is from Texas and that is where his Mom went to school. It would be a big get if they get him to Boulder.

Texas A & M looks like they are in the lead. He is from Texas and that is where his Mom went to school. It would be a big get if they get him to Boulder.
Sometimes it helps when going against UT or aTm when it's an out-of-state player for them. There's a ton of pressure from the HS coaches in TX to prioritize players from within their state and to be successful at those coaches' programs you cannot lose those relationship. Mack Brown was the master at navigating those waters.

Midwest has had a rough winter with a lot of storms coming out of Canada. Boulder is always a nice place to be but this weekend could give him another good reason to leave the Midwest.

He would be a significant change to what we have been doing at RB, a guy with really good skills and with size. Very much a potential day one starter.

Back