What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 CA DT Jordan Berry (Verbal to Fresno State)

Or at least his happy bday on how twitter to his mom was buffs. Hopefully I didn’t jump the gun here
giphy.gif

If that were true, there would be tons of tweets from CU staffers. See those?
Actually yes. It’s a different approach but there have been many signals. I think what this means is he is tentatively committed. Maybe it’s not the exact type of announcement that we want but that’s what I mean by it’s a new era. I’m ready to be wrong but I think we should be less cynical and more appreciative of the message. How many recruits make it about their mother? 99% should do it how Berry did it. Of course he can switch again. Obviously, he’s not making it blatantly official and I can’t blame him considering that LSU made him feel less than special. If it were me, I would be a little apprehensive after that. We have a program that is ready to personalize their sales pitch and that’s exactly what we need.

Actually yes. It’s a different approach but there have been many signals. I think what this means is he is tentatively committed. Maybe it’s not the exact type of announcement that we want but that’s what I mean by it’s a new era. I’m ready to be wrong but I think we should be less cynical and more appreciative of the message. How many recruits make it about their mother? 99% should do it how Berry did it. Of course he can switch again. Obviously, he’s not making it blatantly official and I can’t blame him considering that LSU made him feel less than special. If it were me, I would be a little apprehensive after that. We have a program that is ready to personalize their sales pitch and that’s exactly what we need.
but, but, but...... It's a great message, but apparently had nothing to do with a commitment.

Nah. Recruits recruit recruits. You need commitment as early as possible to build momentum. If every recruit did what he is doing there’d be lot of confusion. A solid commitment from Berry could be a difference maker with Harris.

Also, it’s important to a lot of kids to commit to get the recruiters and recruiting services off their backs so they can relax and enjoy their senior seasons.

Finally, how would a coaching staff recruit if they didn’t have solid commitments? It’d be a cluster **** for them.

Nah. Recruits recruit recruits. You need commitment as early as possible to build momentum. If every recruit did what he is doing there’d be lot of confusion. A solid commitment from Berry could be a difference maker with Harris.

Also, it’s important to a lot of kids to commit to get the recruiters and recruiting services off their backs so they can relax and enjoy their senior seasons.

Finally, how would a coaching staff recruit if they didn’t have solid commitments? It’d be a cluster **** for them.
Recruits also talk to each other. Who’s to say Berry and Harris aren’t communicating?

It seems like he is having fun with the process, I can't blame him for that.

This might be the one time in his life when he gets to control the decision making process fully and the attention that surrounds it. If he is good enough to go pro then he gets drafted. If not then there won't be any public attention to his choice of employer.

It's clear he loves and is strongly connected to his mom. Also can't blame him for shining some attention on her. The ability to have and the show gratitude is a very positive characteristic in a person, shows a lot of maturity.

In the end I absolutely hope he is a Buff and I believe he will be but as much as we want the gratification of knowing now let him have his fun.

It seems like he is having fun with the process, I can't blame him for that.

This might be the one time in his life when he gets to control the decision making process fully and the attention that surrounds it. If he is good enough to go pro then he gets drafted. If not then there won't be any public attention to his choice of employer.

It's clear he loves and is strongly connected to his mom. Also can't blame him for shining some attention on her. The ability to have and the show gratitude is a very positive characteristic in a person, shows a lot of maturity.

In the end I absolutely hope he is a Buff and I believe he will be but as much as we want the gratification of knowing now let him have his fun.
I don’t have a problem with him having fun with it. Good on him. He’s very blessed to have the ability God gave him. I’m happy for him and his mom. Carpe diem!

Back