What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 CA SG Jaylen Clark (Signed to UCLA)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

D_4TIsnU4AASvfL.jpg

Etiwanda HS (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)

AAU: Compton Magic (Adidas)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/jayl7en
Instagram:

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 200

247s rating: 4* - 94 grade; #11 SG (#68 overall)
ESPN rating: 4* - 80 grade; #24 SF
Rivals rating: 4*; #16 SF (#63 overall)

247sports Composite: 4* / 0.9452 / #24 SG / #115 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Boise State, UC Riverside, Cal State Northridge, California, Colorado, Illinois, Marquette, New Mexico, TCU, Tulane, UCLA, UNLV, UTEP, USC, Washington State, Xavier

I keep seeing a lot of smoke via 247/Rivals with Clark + Buffs. Any news here. Would love to have this kid!

I’d love to have him, but hard to see another guard. I guess CU would play 3-4 guards and 1-2 bigs at all times. In a way it seems like Tad ball...

I keep seeing a lot of smoke via 247/Rivals with Clark + Buffs. Any news here. Would love to have this kid!
Doesn't sound like we're involved:
"In the fall, Clark was all but set to commit to New Mexico. For one reason or another, his pledge never came and then Colorado, who was also heavily involved, fell out of contention which made Clark reset his recruitment entirely.

The two schools in contact with him the most now are Arizona and Oklahoma."

Yeah, just did some looking around, and didn't see anything recent. I am one of those cheap-asses though that doesn't have any paid subscription, even to Barzil, so maybe there's hidden, premium info I'm not privy to. From what's freely accessible, I see that the only crystal ball on 247 is to USC, and he has a visit set to OU on 1/24. OU was not one of his "top 6" though like we were, not that means anything, but one of his other top 6, Xavier, may be moving on from him (mutually) based on an article I found. His only reported official is to UNM, and he did retweet a Lobo tweet awhile back.

But we and UNM are listed as "warmer" on 247. While we need some frontcourt depth, this is the type of kid we need to fill out most of our classes. I wasn't the biggest fan of signing both Kountz and Parquet, but whatever...I'm not in the camp that we pass on Clark just because we need other positions. He's not a OAD talent, but he's really good.

edit: nm I guess - thanks Jeric!

Doesn't sound like we're involved:
"In the fall, Clark was all but set to commit to New Mexico. For one reason or another, his pledge never came and then Colorado, who was also heavily involved, fell out of contention which made Clark reset his recruitment entirely.

The two schools in contact with him the most now are Arizona and Oklahoma."

Dammit Jeric. I was just getting my hopes up. Good info

UCLA

Looks like we'll need to be hitting the graduate transfer market
From an article by Josh Gershon a few days ago:

Clark was set for a Sept. 13 official visit to Colorado, where he was planning on committing, until local wing Dominique Clifford took the scholarship hours before Clark could step foot on the plane headed to Boulder.

“I was supposed to go to Colorado,” Clark said. “That’s where I was going. Things happened, a kid committed before me and I was just like, ‘Whoa.’ My whole world got flipped upside down. You know you have your heart set on one place and it doesn’t happen like that.”

With Colorado out, Clark decided to restart his recruitment from scratch and waited until the spring rather than make a sped-up decision in the fall.

Clark was set for a Sept. 13 official visit to Colorado, where he was planning on committing, until local wing Dominique Clifford took the scholarship hours before Clark could step foot on the plane headed to Boulder.

Well this kind of hit me in the gut this morning. Top 100 prospect in our grasp and ready to commit, like what? Man I wish we had room for him. He looks like a rough and tough guard with attitude that we could really use.

I guess I will add my two cents worth and say I am also confused. Granted, we would have multiple wings all around the same height, but you don’t pass up a talent like this when he wants to come.

Wow...well that's a frustrating thing to read... ....I'm one of the many that isn't fully on the LOB train. Clifford looks like a decent player, and I know LOB's scoring well this season. But, this is frustrating to read. I'm cool w recruiting CO, but when it comes to denying Clark, I question this emphasis on CO. ... ................frustrating to read.

you've got to be kidding me, come on Tad, that's tough for a 17/18 year old to handle

still really enjoying the ride this season, but this **** ticks me off, especially when defenders of Tad's recruiting use excuses like "Colorado isn't a hotbed of talent, CU doesn't have the basketball pedigree, we recruit clean, etc"

pains me to think of seeing another missed recruit tearing it up on a rival Pac-12 team

“I was supposed to go to Colorado,” Clark said. “That’s where I was going. Things happened, a kid committed before me and I was just like, ‘Whoa.’ My whole world got flipped upside down. You know you have your heart set on one place and it doesn’t happen like that.”

With Colorado out, Clark decided to restart his recruitment from scratch and waited until the spring rather than make a sped-up decision in the fall.

Back