What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 CO QB Aidan Atkinson (Verbal to Northwestern)

The poster who purports to be a Fairview H.S. senior seems to focus on "one victim" whereas the Boulder Daily Camera article's first paragraph states:

....police allege he sexually assaulted multiple young women on a party bus in 2018

Once again, my post was lame, I didn't realize there were penetration allegations. I assumed this was 'grab-ass': a party bus on an Oct Saturday night - either a game night or they had a bye. How does someone 'inflict penetration' on 3 different young women, on a bus that likely had several more players on it, w/o someone stopping the action or a huge outcry afterwards. I never trust reporting, but if things were the way they were set out, then this may morph into one of those 'code of silence' cases, where the athletes protected their buddy and allowed things to happen, that they could have stopped.

Once again, my post was lame, I didn't realize there were penetration allegations. I assumed this was 'grab-ass': a party bus on an Oct Saturday night - either a game night or they had a bye. How does someone 'inflict penetration' on 3 different young women, on a bus that likely had several more players on it, w/o someone stopping the action or a huge outcry afterwards. I never trust reporting, but if things were the way they were set out, then this may morph into one of those 'code of silence' cases, where the athletes protected their buddy and allowed things to happen, that they could have stopped.
First, there may have been other players or not on this bus. This was not a football event as I understand it.
2nd, there is no mention of penetration of 3 victims that I've seen. There are 3 victims, but did I miss that all charges brought were for all 3 victims?

The poster who purports to be a Fairview H.S. senior seems to focus on "one victim" whereas the Boulder Daily Camera article's first paragraph states:
And this could be where the time element came in.

With a lack of physical evidence the case comes down to the testimony of multiple victims.

If (understandably) one or more is resistant to cooperating then it has to be handled with more patience.

First, there may have been other players or not on this bus. This was not a football event as I understand it.
2nd, there is no mention of penetration of 3 victims that I've seen. There are 3 victims, but did I miss that all charges brought were for all 3 victims?
I'm going off other posts saying 3 victims were penetrated - that's been stated several times. A student party bus in the middle of football season, w/ several intoxicated young ladies - what was it a church outing? Players drinking would have been a huge problem, if that happened

1. Glad now that CU didn’t target him as a recruit.

2. Hopefully the victims are getting everything they need.
Hopefully people also remember not everything they hear in the internet is true and as of right now it's nothing but what a couple of people said happened

Am I the only one wondering how a bunch of high schoolers managed to hire a party bus and get drunk in the first place? There had to be an adult involved somewhere along the line, didn’t there?

No kidding. Probably some parent with money just gives kid credit card

This will be very tough for the young ladies involved. It’s tough enough as it is but I’m sure the lawyers will attack them pretty hard. And even if he is found not guilty by a jury the allegations will follow him the rest of his life. This is an awful story.

I for one am glad that so many people here have daughters so they can actually take sexual assault seriously.

Oh **** you having daughters has nothing to do with it. It's called being a good person, no sane person in America thinks this behavior is acceptable. However, we (on this forum) need to remember not every allegation is true, I think most of us remember Gary Barnett. This is an unfortunate situation

Oh **** you having daughters has nothing to do with it. It's called being a good person, no sane person in America thinks this behavior is acceptable. However, we (on this forum) need to remember not every allegation is true, I think most of us remember Gary Barnett. This is an unfortunate situation

numerous posters said that because they have daughters they feel bad for the victims. Personally I was able to have empathy for sexual assault victims prior to having a daughter but I guess I’m in the minority.

numerous posters said that because they have daughters they feel bad for the victims. Personally I was able to have empathy for sexual assault victims prior to having a daughter but I guess I’m in the minority.
No you're not in the minority and you're certainly not a victim in this here. I really hope these father's shared the same feelings about sexual assault before they had daughters

No you're not in the minority and you're certainly not a victim in this here. I really hope these father's shared the same feelings about sexual assault before they had daughters
Trust me on this one, I have always been repulsed by the idea of a woman having to deal with this ultimate invasion of her privacy and dignity. I have always had Mom, my sisters, and later my wife.

I will tell you though that having daughters doesn't change the feeling about the issue but it makes them even more present and real.

Some of the discussion here reminds me very much of the Stuebenville community after their rape scandal.

Helluva documentary about it called Roll Red Roll

That’s a weird interpretation. I read those comments as “because I have a daughter, these allegations hit a little closer to home than they would otherwise”. That seems perfectly reasonable to me.

When I see something awful happen to kids my kid’s ages, I have a great deal of empathy and may say something like, “As a parent of a kid this age, I know how much pain their parents feel.” It isn’t because I wouldn’t feel horrible for them if I had no kids. It’s because you personalize it more. But Now I realize I must be an awful person.

This is the way that the law is viewed in this day and age. But I have a question, if everyone was intoxicated, and girl did in fact initiate physical contact, is she not subject to the same laws (assuming the male was also intoxicated)? This is in no way an attempt to excuse anything that happened, but more an honest question.

I have both a son and a daughter, and it’s stories like this that scare the **** out of me for both of them. I remember how 17 yo kids act, and while I think the presumption that a 17 yo should be considered a man is way over the top, the reality is that most people will make that case in these situations. Kids are expected to be mature WAY beyond their age relative to the way it was just 15 years ago.
Yes- if a girl made unwanted sexual advances towards a boy then she should be held to the same standard. However, even if she did that she still has the right to withdraw consent for any further activity.

Men (even 17 year old boys) are so much larger and more powerful than their female counterparts that the responsibility in a situation where one or both parties are inebriated can and should rest with them.

im tired of excusing stuff like this as “teens will be teens.” I think expecting teens to behave while participating in adult activities to an adult standard is reasonable. 17 year olds can drive and they get the same speeding tickets as the rest of us.

Yes- if a girl made unwanted sexual advances towards a boy then she should be held to the same standard. However, even if she did that she still has the right to withdraw consent for any further activity.

Men (even 17 year old boys) are so much larger and more powerful than their female counterparts that the responsibility in a situation where one or both parties are inebriated can and should rest with them.

im tired of excusing stuff like this as “teens will be teens.” I think expecting teens to behave while participating in adult activities to an adult standard is reasonable. 17 year olds can drive and they get the same speeding tickets as the rest of us.

Absolutely.

Age is not an excuse. Any person, male or female must have the absolute right to say no, even at the last moment after a long build up.

The other party (parties) at that point have the obligation to at that point stop and respect the no despite their own wishes and desires. The use of alcohol or any other substance doesn't change this. If a person cannot control themselves at this highly critical level of decision making then they have to make the decision not to consume the substance.

I understand peer pressure, and media messages, and role models, and all the other excuses but the bottom line is that when it comes down to violating the right of someone else to say no when it comes to their body there is no excuse for not respecting that no.

Back