What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 CO RB Jayle Stacks (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Are you his uncle or what?
Nope, the first time I have heard of, or seen film on this kid is today. The real problem is that I have a bad habit of over debating things when I believe I'm right.
But I do make it a habit of trying to check myself. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't crazy, so I sent the film to a football guy I know that has coached for a few decades.....I simply said "Who does this kid remind you of?" His response was, "I only watched the first play, LenDale White".

Nope, the first time I have heard of, or seen film on this kid is today. The real problem is that I have a bad habit of over debating things when I believe I'm right.
But I do make it a habit of trying to check myself. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't crazy, so I sent the film to a football guy I know that has coached for a few decades.....I simply said "Who does this kid remind you of?" His response was, "I only watched the first play, LenDale White".
ALL the football guys you ever need to know are on this site. If this 'coach' isn't on AllBuffs, don't trust him.

I'd say he's a good player and will be a solid FBS RB. The LenDale White comparison I'm not so sure about.

He's definitely big and has surprising speed in the open field, but he doesn't look like he has the elite footwork that a guy like White has.

CU already told Sneed who is ranked much higher to switch from RB or look elsewhere and decommitted. Why would anyone think CU is looking at Stacks for anything other than maybe walkon? Many other holes to fill on the team and getting tight on space in the class. Best of luck at AF.

CU already told Sneed who is ranked much higher to switch from RB or look elsewhere and decommitted. Why would anyone think CU is looking at Stacks for anything other than maybe walkon? Many other holes to fill on the team and getting tight on space in the class. Best of luck at AF.
They're much different backs, and Stacks, unlike Sneed, would be able to blueshirt. So he would not count against their 25 limit for 2020. You can't blueshirt if you've taken an official visit to the college, and Sneed did that back in early October.

Well, they are different body types. But Clayton is a bigger kid whose 247 eval says he can get up to 220, so I don't get it eirher.

You guys have to quit assuming he's going to Air Force. He will be in Boulder this weekend.

Thanks for bringing some common sense into the conversation from sources who are a bit more informed.

He seems like a big kid who has some athleticism. He is a very different back than Clayton and if he maintains his athleticism at the speed of the college game could cause some interesting miss matches. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out and he goes to AF, becomes a role player, works the scout team, or transfers out.

I’m ok as a walk on. In an already tight class I don’t see the need for using a scholarship on a big back with that offer list. Just my opinion

You do not gray shirt players who are physically ready to play or practice.
Well, whatever shirt color indicates using a scholly for '21 class and not the '20 class was my thought process. . . I believe Adam explained that since he hasn't officially visited he has that option.

Well, whatever shirt color indicates using a scholly for '21 class and not the '20 class was my thought process. . . I believe Adam explained that since he hasn't officially visited he has that option.
Yes. That is what a blue shirt is.

His scholarship would count toward the 21 class number but still against the 85 for the 2020 season, even though he wouldn’t be included on the active roster and could only practice.

Blueshirts do not have to sit out. Immediately eligible. Hard to earn a spot and not end up redshirting, though, when you have to miss fall camp.

Blueshirts do not have to sit out. Immediately eligible. Hard to earn a spot and not end up redshirting, though, when you have to miss fall camp.
I think technically you’re right, but if he plays, they can’t count him toward the 2021 class, and there wouldn’t be a reason for the BS. For all practical purposes a BS is not playing.

from sbnation, blueshirts can't play;

Shirt typeOn scholarship?Can play?Can practice?Meaning
RedshirtYesNoYesAthlete sits from competition for a year, then gets another year to complete four seasons.
GrayshirtNoNoNoAthlete waits an extra semester to become a full-time student and part of the team.
BlueshirtYesNoYesAthlete is not formally recruited, but is put on scholarship at start of freshman practice.
GreenshirtYesYesYesAthlete enrolls in school a semester early.

Back