What's new

'20 GA WDE Jared Ivey

Bill Cody

Club Member
Club Member
I think they ultimately play different positions, so we would take both.
Please tell me more. I ask because they seem almost identical in build and overall athleticism? Would we move to a true 5-2 front and have bookends like we did with Alfred and Kanavis?

4thGenBuff

If we end up in recruiting where I am now expecting us to get this year our defense is going to make me feel bad for other teams.

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
I think Harris can be a 5 tech in time. Ivey is more of the true 3-4 DE/OLB.

But if they both end up at OLB, that works too.
When you have what looks like impact talent, guys who can win one on one battles and change plays on their own you take them both and figure out how to use them.

Who have we had that could disrupt on the edge on his own since Jimmie Gilbert? How many offenses have an answer to deal with two?

I think we could find space for both.

WarBuff

Club Member
Imagine you have a glass, and the bartender is pouring Johnnie Walker Blue, on the house.

Now imagine saying, “when.”

You never say “when” when the bartender is pouring top shelf pass rushers.
That is an outstanding analogy, except for the troglodytes that don’t understand scotch. They require grunts and snorts.

Bill Cody

Club Member
Club Member
Imagine you have a glass, and the bartender is pouring Johnnie Walker Blue, on the house.

Now imagine saying, “when.”

You never say “when” when the bartender is pouring top shelf pass rushers.
In regards to your beatifully illustrated point, I am in 100% agreement. In regards to your analogy, I was simply asking the question because it seems (following this weekend) our glass is about to runneth over (the 25 scholly limit). It would be an amazing "problem" to have, and I am excited to see how the rest of this all plays out.

BuffsRising

In regards to your beatifully illustrated point, I am in 100% agreement. In regards to your analogy, I was simply asking the question because it seems (following this weekend) our glass is about to runneth over (the 25 scholly limit). It would be an amazing "problem" to have, and I am excited to see how the rest of this all plays out.
We have 18 committments, if you leave out justin jackson, if he is shopping around. That means 7 slots, assuming that we dont have any early enrollees count against last years’ class. We should be fine, but in no way do harris or ivey count as the 25th or 26th guy in this class.