What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 JC SDE Julius Coates (Signed to Arkansas)

CU simply does not have room for Coates. He thought he had lots of options, decomitted from CU, lost his spot, so that’s that.

Best of luck to Mr. Coates in his future endeavors.
I think there's more back-story here. Coates didn't sign yesterday anywhere and was supposed to be a December grad, 3-to-play-2 guy. I suspect something else may have arisen as an issue.

Edit: Seems to have picked up an Arky offer on Tuesday. Perhaps he simply was left at the alter by both CU and NU and will have to make a choice in next few days on where he goes?

Last edited:
That’s great news for him. The kid will have a large ass chip on his shoulder. Maybe he can wreak havoc in the SEC

I agree. It’s a nice landing spot. Clearly a lot of schools saw a lot of potential with Coates, which is why he attracted so much attention late in the cycle (for the early signing period). Arkansas has no where to go but up, and he could be a good piece for them as they rebuild.

This dude is a physical freak 😁. Hope we get him
I don't know, he's a freak in shorts and never played more than a year anywhere since High School.... Better have Bob Lopez give him the once over. Sounds like he was booted from their program.

Back