What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 LA RB Ashaad Clayton (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Something with watch but LSU long seemed like a lock to land a 5* RB out of TX. Now he appears destined for Georgia

Something with watch but LSU long seemed like a lock to land a 5* RB out of TX. Now he appears destined for Georgia
and they are looking at 3 other guys rated higher, 2 of them they seem fairly locked onto. Never know though, but I love Unleash Hell outlook here.

Allbuffs HOF is not very selective if all it takes to qualify for admission is to predict that a player who is currently committed to CU will sign with CU.
He's committed to CU, but also a guy that has since gone on an OV to KU, recently set up an OV to UF, deleted his commitment tweet and removed CU commitment edits from his instagram - I could be wrong about this.

It's fairly normal to look around and take OVs for 4* prospects, but deleting the tweet concerns me and he probably should be considered a soft commitment or less at this point. The tweet removal is pretty telling IMO.

Allbuffs HOF is not very selective if all it takes to qualify for admission is to predict that a player who is currently committed to CU will sign with CU.

Well, there’s 5 page long BD discussion on this forum so the bar isn’t that high tbh. Either way, the comment was more you’ll look smart or you’ll go down as the next guy to predict something you’ll never live down.

Everyone taking his twitter seriously probably forgets all the Michigan “drama” Brendan Rice was Tweeting right before he signed. Ya he might leave if he absolutely loves his UF visit, but if he wasn’t all in with CU, he probably would have announced a de commitment by now. Remember he visited KU after he committed to us and even tweeted him in KU gear and ideas of playing with his bro there. KU looks to not be a serious contender now. I think he is just playing the recruiting game. Hell, he tweeted himself in a CU shirt just last week.

Everyone taking his twitter seriously probably forgets all the Michigan “drama” Brendan Rice was Tweeting right before he signed. Ya he might leave if he absolutely loves his UF visit, but if he wasn’t all in with CU, he probably would have announced a de commitment by now. Remember he visited KU after he committed to us and even tweeted him in KU gear and ideas of playing with his bro there. KU looks to not be a serious contender now. I think he is just playing the recruiting game. Hell, he tweeted himself in a CU shirt just last week.

Yeah, my comment was meant to be a joke about the HOF, clearly wasn’t taken as such. Oh well. We’ll see what ends up happening, he’s committed for now so hopefully it stays that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Florida has a lot of hurdles here that CU doesn’t have to clear.

—Florida offered prior to his injury and then rescinded it during rehab.
—His dream SEC school wasn’t Florida, it was LSU. They all rescinded their offers.
—UF hasn’t produced a well-known NFL RB in Ashaad’s lifetime. CU has Phillip Lindsay who is currently the quintessential NFL RB that was ignored/disrespected like Ashaad.
—I’ve seen Florida fans complaining about their RB coach recruiting ability and their RB’s haven’t shined since Dan Mullen took over.

So what is LSU doing at RB since they seem to be losing out on Zac Evans?
They signed two blue chips RB’s last year. On top of that, Clayton said in an interview, he would say thanks but no thanks if they came calling.
They took away his scholarship after he got hurt.

They signed two blue chips RB’s last year. On top of that, Clayton said in an interview, he would say thanks but no thanks if they came calling.
They took away his scholarship after he got hurt.
Makes even more sense to me that he decided to wait until February. Like a JUCO bounceback or transfer, he’s got perspective on the recruiting game and is being smart about it. I’m assuming his b.s. detector has been turned up to 11.

I keep holding my breath that we don't lose this kid, due to years of negative conditioning I suppose...but also due to the fact that I think Clayton is very special. He does everything you want a back to do in our offense at an elite level in High School. He also is physically ready to come in a play from day one.

I keep holding my breath that we don't lose this kid, due to years of negative conditioning I suppose...but also due to the fact that I think Clayton is very special. He does everything you want a back to do in our offense at an elite level in High School. He also is physically ready to come in a play from day one.

That shrug form tho...😉

Back