What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 OH RB Mike Drennan II

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

Dublin Coffman HS (Dublin, OH)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/UhhMyNameDonut
Instagram:

Ht: 5'11"
Wt: 195
40:

247s rating: 4* - 90 grade; #6 APB (#302 overall)
ESPN rating: 4* - 82 grade; #20 RB (#220 overall)
Rivals rating: 4* - 5.8rr; #9 APB (#205 overall)

247sports Composite: 4* / 0.9149 rating / #6 APB / #230 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Akron, Arizona State, Boston College, Cincinnati, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kentucky, LSU, Louisville, Miami (FL), Miami (OH), Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio, Ohio State, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Tennessee, Toledo, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia

Last edited by a moderator:
When I see offer lists like that I automatically think “no hoper.” I want that mentality to change.
Offer lists like that are why I asked why we were even bothering with Mangham. Turns out we had a connection. Maybe we have one with this young man, too. Because I agree that on the surface you wonder if we are wasting our time with a kid so far outside our normal recruiting area who has a boatload of options.

I like that we're recruiting Ohio. It's like recruiting Indiana in basketball. State culture for the sport and the kids get great coaching from a young age. There are a ton of good football players in that state.

I like that we're recruiting Ohio. It's like recruiting Indiana in basketball. State culture for the sport and the kids get great coaching from a young age. There are a ton of good football players in that state.

And I think that going to Colorado could have a lot of appeal to those kids.

They aren't scared off by the fear of snow and cold and Colorado doesn't seem as far away as some of the other out of state options they have.

Recruiting Ohio is fine, but as with Mangham last cycle and as with all the recruiting of kids in Georgia and LA (who hold offers from LSU, UGA, Bama, etc), there better be a serious connection and/or expressed mutual interest with the kid and CU.

And I think that going to Colorado could have a lot of appeal to those kids.

They aren't scared off by the fear of snow and cold and Colorado doesn't seem as far away as some of the other out of state options they have.
When I was a young, aspiring flower child, everyone wanted to live in either Colorado or California.

Recruiting Ohio is fine, but as with Mangham last cycle and as with all the recruiting of kids in Georgia and LA (who hold offers from LSU, UGA, Bama, etc), there better be a serious connection and/or expressed mutual interest with the kid and CU.
No better way to find out than offer a bunch of these guys (non binding btw). Find out where there's interest, and then spend some time understanding why (personal connection, likes to hunt, etc).

As I recall, getting the Conestoga to Colorado was easier than California though. And Oregon held a certain fascination as well.
That’s why you see wagon wheels half buried in front yards. Since that is where the wagon broke, that’s where they settled. (Stolen from Gallagher)

That’s why you see wagon wheels half buried in front yards. Since that is where the wagon broke, that’s where they settled. (Stolen from Gallagher)

Unless you go to Nebraska or Arkansas. In those states the half buried wheels are often connected to a 67 Camaro or Trans-Am but yes that is where it broke down for the last time.

No better way to find out than offer a bunch of these guys (non binding btw). Find out where there's interest, and then spend some time understanding why (personal connection, likes to hunt, etc).
I feel like you just described the general recruiting process... I'm saying that I highly doubt they are just throwing out random offers to kids in Ohio and Michigan without knowing there's some kind of connection. Mel Tucker's comments on the recruiting footprint would back that up as well, IMO.

Working on it.
846.jpg

Back