What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TNFR ILB Brendan Pyne (Transfer to Buffalo)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports (HS)
ESPN (HS)
Rivals (HS)
hudl
Brown Profile

373B4EB4_0475_4020_83C1_19671DB23223.jpeg

Brown University (Providence, RI) / IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

Grad transfer

Twitter: https://twitter.com/brendanpyne
Instagram:

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 205
40:

247s rating (HS): 3* - 85 grade; #73 OLB
ESPN rating (HS): 2* - 66 grade; #61 ILB
Rivals rating (HS): 2* - 5.4rr; unranked OLB

247sports Composite (HS): 3* / 0.8069 rating / #129 OLB / #1942 overall

Reported Offers (HS): Buffalo, Miami (OH), Ohio, FCS offers

He sure has the genes:

"Pyne’s great grandfather, George Pyne II, played in the NFL for the Providence Steam Rollers in 1931; his grandfather, George Pyne III, played for the NFL’s Boston Patriots in 1965; and his father went through training camp with the New York Giants. His uncle, Jim Pyne, was an All-American at Virginia Tech before a nine-year NFL career.

Pyne’s younger brother, Drew, is a four-star prospect who signed with Notre Dame this week."

Welcome to Colorado. I am excited for this kid to be here. Read his bio yesterday and am impressed with his experience, age, and smart. He will challenge for play time Imo.

GO BUFFS !!

When I first saw the announcement, I was smfh because I'd assumed he was a GT scholarship. I didn't see ILB as that big of a need to finish the class.

But after finding out he's a walk-on GT and that he can maybe play STAR, at least against certain opponents, I got real damn excited about this one. Also loved the stuff about him being a great leader going back to when he was at IMG.

h/t @BuffStampede
The opportunity to be a graduate transfer as a senior has become more common for college football players in the last decade, but it is almost unheard of for an Ivy League player. In fact, Pyne is the first football player to ever graduate Brown early.

Pyne will enroll at Colorado for the spring semester on Jan. 13 as a walk-on graduate transfer. He is ready to begin the pursuit of a Master's of Science in Organizational Leadership and is ready to compete on Tyson Summer's defense. Pyne has been told by Tucker he will get a look at both Will linebacker and the Buffs' hybrid STAR position.

"It is not 100 percent set which one I will play but I did play the STAR position at Brown the past three years," he said. "I like playing in space, so I definitely think I could do well playing the STAR."

Pyne prides himself on his nose for the ball, being a sound tackler, and his ability to diagnose plays before the ball is snapped.

h/t @BuffStampede
Sounds like the kid has it where it matters, between the ears, and will be a valuable asset. Probably won't be the best athlete on the field but I bet he won't make mistakes and will make others around him better. Will have a great career in whatever path he chooses.

Sounds like the kid has it where it matters, between the ears, and will be a valuable asset. Probably won't be the best athlete on the field but I bet he won't make mistakes and will make others around him better. Will have a great career in whatever path he chooses.
I think he is going to end up contributing on the field for us but he seems like the kind of guy who is also going to make a big contribution as a leader in multiple ways.

h/t @BuffStampede
Impressive young man. He makes us better. Wouldn’t shock me if he helps a lot at STAR and Special Teams in 2020 then finishes grad school here as a GA assistant. I have no idea how a guy is smart and disciplined enough to graduate from Brown early while taking care of all those football duties. Wow.

Impressive young man. He makes us better. Wouldn’t shock me if he helps a lot at STAR and Special Teams in 2020 then finishes grad school here as a GA assistant. I have no idea how a guy is smart and disciplined enough to graduate from Brown early while taking care of all those football duties. Wow.
Meh. Brown will literally let you make up your own major. Just saying.

Back