What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 JC ILB Caleb Johnson (Signed to UCLA)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl
Texas Profile

6_8454863.jpg

Fullerton College (Fullerton, CA) / University of Texas (Austin, TX) / Vista Murrieta HS (Murrieta, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CalebJohnsun
Instagram:

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 235
40:

247s rating: 3* - 87 grade; #2 ILB (#40 overall JC)
ESPN rating (2019): 4* - 80 grade; #2 OLB (#22 overall JC)
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.6rr; unranked OLB (#38 overall JC)

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8669 / #2 ILB / #44 overall JC

Reported Offers: UCLA

Last edited by a moderator:
Recruited heavily last season and the Buffs came close. Previous recruiting profile here. Now he's in the transfer portal without playing a down and is discussed here:
Johnson has not seen any action in his first season with the Longhorns. Even in Saturday’s blowout victory over the Rice Owls, many of the second and third-string players got some reps, but Johnson was not one of them. According to Taylor Estes of 247 Sports, “Johnson feels he has not fit in well since he arrived at Texas.”

If he transfers midseason, he potentially only sits out the first month of next season. But I think there is a clear four-game cutoff.

I'm not familiar with a player being able to miss only the front part of the season and regain playing eligibility after the first month....based on being a transfer.

He would be OLB for us, right? Or both O and I as needed?
Inside, like Duff said. You might be able to have a package where he could be a rusher, here and there. Main position would be inside, I'd think. He doesn't have the length to be an outside backer exclusively, imho.

I'm not familiar with a player being able to miss only the front part of the season and regain playing eligibility after the first month....based on being a transfer.

Nate Craig-Myers at CSU after he transferred from Auburn is one.

Inside, like Duff said. You might be able to have a package where he could be a rusher, here and there. Main position would be inside, I'd think. He doesn't have the length to be an outside backer exclusively, imho.
Cool, thx. I saw all the OLB ratings below the thread title and wondered.

Our ILB position is probably the deepest on the team outside of WR, but man, his original recruitment came down to CU and Texas, so it really seems strange that we wouldn’t have been in good position here.

I know it’s typical of CU fans to think this, but I wonder if Tucker chose not to pursue, and spend a scholarship on a guy who likely can’t play until 2021.

Given the reports that he felt Texas wasn’t “a fit”, UCLA makes sense for him as the hometown school where he can be around established friends and family. Eligibility clock was ticking anyway, and it seems like he will only have 1.75 years to play if I’m correct (sit first 4 next year, then a full year to finish).

Our ILB position is probably the deepest on the team outside of WR, but man, his original recruitment came down to CU and Texas, so it really seems strange that we wouldn’t have been in good position here.

I know it’s typical of CU fans to think this, but I wonder if Tucker chose not to pursue, and spend a scholarship on a guy who likely can’t play until 2021.
Yeah. We didn’t really want him anyway.

Back