What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TNFR SDE Antonio Alfano (SIGNED and ENROLLED with COLORADO)

I suspect the NCAA will make its decision sometime around November, 2020.

Just for grins, what would CU's 2019 class have been ranked had Alfano been part of it, and what would the 2020 class be ranked if he was included? Any of you people know how to figure that out?

Just for grins, what would CU's 2019 class have been ranked had Alfano been part of it, and what would the 2020 class be ranked if he was included? Any of you people know how to figure that out?

Alfano was a .9965 on 247, so for the 2020 class I added Kelee Ringo who has an identical rating. It boosted our score to 192.63 which would be 32nd (just nudging out Nebraska). Quite the jump from our current ranking of 45

Shout out to @WasianCU in the So Far thread who found this post about the 2019 class with Alfano: "Immediately thought how much of a difference Alfano would make in the 2019 class rankings had he committed last year. Plugging him into the class calculator, he adds 29.65 points and would've placed the class at #23 nationally (one spot behind Stanford) and #4 in the Pac."

Alfano was a .9965 on 247, so for the 2020 class I added Kelee Ringo who has an identical rating. It boosted our score to 192.63 which would be 32nd (just nudging out ****braska). Quite the jump from our current ranking of 45
I figured out how to do that, too. For the 2019 class, adding him Antonio specifically to it put us at 209.24 and 34th overall, instead of their 44th final ranking.

Shout out to @WasianCU in the So Far thread who found this post about the 2019 class with Alfano: "Immediately thought how much of a difference Alfano would make in the 2019 class rankings had he committed last year. Plugging him into the class calculator, he adds 29.65 points and would've placed the class at #23 nationally (one spot behind Stanford) and #4 in the Pac."
Wait I just did that for 2019 and it came out to 209.24, which would have been good for 34th in that class. @WasianCU needs to clear this up

Wait I just did that for 2019 and it came out to 209.24, which would have been good for 34th in that class. @WasianCU needs to clear this up
I just plugged it in and got the same numbers as TSchek. Surely 247 has gone back and derated Alfano or something. Certainly the info I copied and pasted could've never been wrong cause it was on the internet.

I know there are more important parts of that gif but the red has always pissed me off. This seems like a good enough reason to make a grayscale version.
ezgif-4-fe9a06d9d1d8.gif
There’s red in it?

Aren't transfers included in currentclass rankings? If not, why not, since JUCOs are counted and they are also transfers?

They aren't, and I assume it's because they already counted toward the other program's class from a previous year.
Okay whatever, but that's dumb, no reason for ratings to be zero sum, and now it inaccurately grades the class.

Okay whatever, but that's dumb, no reason for ratings to be zero sum, and now it inaccurately grades the class.
It doesn't matter. He's arguably the highest rated and potentially the most impactful recruit this program has ever "signed (a financial aid agreement)". We can add him to the class calculator when it's all said and done and see where that would put CU's class, so we can all feel better about where it stands among the nations mediocres.

It doesn't matter. He's arguably the highest rated and potentially the most impactful recruit this program has ever "signed (a financial aid agreement)". We can add him to the class calculator when it's all said and done and see where that would put CU's class, so we can all feel better about where it stands among the nations mediocres.
I guess he created tons of buzz anyway, but better feeling for a kid to commit to a top 30 ranking vs top 50, maybe?

Im really hoping that this opens the door for future transfers too. I could see both saban and kirby smart trying to send guys that transfer from there teams to mel. Good relationship, never play against each other, hoping its a perfect storm

Not sure if it's been mentioned but found it funny that he retroactively bumped us 11 spots up and over 3 Pac-12 teams in the 2019 rankings to 34th/6th. No idea if that was supposed to happen but damn.
Did currently committed guys get a bump or what?

It's not listed but it was clearly added into the calculation as that wasn't our ranking before, and if you go to team rankings, it lists that we had a 5-star that class. Like I said, I don't think it was supposed to happen.

yup. It’s odd, it says we have a 5-star but he isn’t listed. Oh well, MT has a top 30 class in his first go around.

Back