What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TX QB Mike Chandler (PWO to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

8578293_4f9fe7b1b0584027acad9409695bc0f9.jpg

Judson HS (Converse, TX)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kingmac_23
Instagram:

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 185
40: 4.72 (verified)

247s rating: 3* - 83 grade; #121 ATH
ESPN rating: 3* - 74 grade; #30 QB-D
Rivals rating:

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: New Mexico State, FCS offer

Last edited:
He's a guy who could help win some games for us. Look like a legit dual threat QB, not just an athlete taking snaps.

May be hard to hold on to, wouldn't surprise me to see him get some solid G5 offers in time.

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound Chandler was named the San Antonio Express-News Player of the Year in 2019 after accounting for 4,042 yards and 50 touchdowns, while throwing just five interceptions. He was the unanimous District 26-6A Offensive Player of the Year as a junior, and was a second-team all-district selection as a sophomore

How did this kid not have more options? Size? Competition? His speed looks better, then a 4.7.
247 and ESPN has him with same grades as Carter.
This kid looks like he can play.

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound Chandler was named the San Antonio Express-News Player of the Year in 2019 after accounting for 4,042 yards and 50 touchdowns, while throwing just five interceptions. He was the unanimous District 26-6A Offensive Player of the Year as a junior, and was a second-team all-district selection as a sophomore

How did this kid not have more options? Size? Competition? His speed looks better, then a 4.7.
247 and ESPN has him with same grades as Carter.
This kid looks like he can play.

My guess is accuracy. Limited sample size in the publicly available video highlights, but even those show—in my inexpert opinion—a pretty slow delivery and wind up, with a look-and-throw-when-open approach, while not being all that accurate in the mid range (there were a couple of good long balls). But who knows what sort of coaching he had. Clearly, he was a very real weapon, capable of winning games.

Still a great pick up, and I can see him being a really helpful scout team QB this year while he learns college level reads and our system.

He’s class of ‘20, which means he’s done with high school and, from my understanding, showing up to fall camp to participate this year.

Yeah, thanx for the clarification.

Seems to have decent arm strength but will need to work on mechanics.

Love the speed, quickness, and athleticism.

Yeah, as a PWO, this is an excellent pick up. There’s a ton to like about Chandler and the Buffs got him for free. Kudos to Dorrell and staff. Hope Chandler does well and earns a scholarship.

I don't know if anyone has brought this up but is Jordan Berry academically eligible / still a 2020 commit. Maybe Chandler is taking his spot?

I don't know if anyone has brought this up but is Jordan Berry academically eligible / still a 2020 commit. Maybe Chandler is taking his spot?
Chandler is a walk on, so not an impact on 2020 scholarship count.

Berry hasn't reported to campus. I think that ship has sailed & we're just waiting on official confirmation that he won't be a Buff.

Back