What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2011 Colorado Women's Basketball Roster & Schedule

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
2011 Roster
Position

Senior

Junior

Sophomore

Freshman

Commitments
Guard
Chucky Jeffery
Ashley Wilson
Brittany Wilson
Lexy Kresl
Jasmine Sborov
Esther Lee #
Kyleesha Weston
Wing
Meagan Malcolm-Peck
Brenna Malcolm-Peck*
Lauren Huggins
Forward
Julie Seabrook
Jen Reese
Arielle Roberson*
Jamee Swan
* = Redshirted
# = Walk On
Official CU Roster

Date
Opponent
Media
Result
Nov 06 (Sun)
Regis - Exhibition
Boulder
2:00 pm
n/a
Nov 11 (Fri)
Northern Arizona
Boulder
5:30 pm
W (84-60)
Nov 16 (Wed)
Texas A&M - Corpus Christi
at Corpus Christi
6:00 pm
W (71-58)
Nov 20 (Sun)
Colorado State
at Fort Collins
The Mtn
W (72-53)
Nov 25 (Fri)
Valparaiso
Boulder
7:30 pm
W (60-32)
Nov 26 (Sat)
Wisconsin
Boulder
7:30 pm
W (58-48)
Nov 30 (Wed)
San Francisco
Boulder
7:00 pm
W (84-66)
Dec 04 (Sun)
Idaho
Boulder
12:00 pm
W (68-59)
Dec 08 (Thu)
Denver
Boulder
W (71-36)
Dec 17 (Sat)
Weber State
Boulder
4:00 pm
W (77-59)
Dec 20 (Wed)
Texas-Pan American (UTSA Holiday Classic)
at San Antonio
W (67-49)
Dec 21 (Thu)
Creighton (UTSA Holiday Classic)
at San Antonio
W (52-49)
Dec 31 (Sat)
Utah*
at Salt Lake City
3:00 pm
W (58-52)
Jan 05 (Thu)
Washington*
at Seattle
8:00 pm
L (67-75)
Jan 07 (Sat)
Washington State*
at Pullman
W (57-56)
Jan 12 (Thu)
California*
Boulder
L (68-55)
Jan 14 (Sat)
Stanford*
Boulder
ROOT
L (80-54)
Jan 19 (Thu)
Arizona State*
at Tempe
11:00 am
L (43-64)
Jan 21 (Sat)
Arizona*
at Tucson
2:30 pm
FSN/ROOT
W (56-54)
Jan 26 (Thu)
USC*
Boulder
7:00
W (69-67)
Jan 28 (Sat)
UCLA*
Boulder
FSN/ROOT
L (62-54)
Feb 02 (Thu)
Oregon State*
at Corvalis
L (65-45)
Feb 04 (Sat)
Oregon*
at Eugene
L (67-62)
Feb 09 (Thu)
Arizona*
Boulder
W (69-59)
Feb 11 (Sat)
Arizona State*
Boulder
L (60-47)
Feb 18 (Sat)
Utah*
Boulder
5:00 pm
ROOT
L (61-56)
Feb 23 (Thu)
Stanford*
at Palo Alto
L (68-46)
Feb 25 (Sat)
California*
at Berkeley
L (64-43)
Mar 01 (Thu)
Oregon*
Boulder
6:30 pm
ROOT
L (64-62)
Mar 03 (Sat)
Oregon State*
Boulder
W (67-57)
Mar 07 (Wed)
Utah (PAC-12 Tournament)
at Los Angeles
W (55-41)
Mar 08 (Thu)
California (PAC-12 Tournament)
at Los Angeles
L (68-59)
Mar 14 (Wed)
Northern Colorado (NIT Tournament)
Boulder
W (54-42)
Mar 19 (Mon)
South Dakota (NIT Tournament)
at Vermillion
W (64-55)
Mar 22 (Thu)
Villanova (NIT Tournament)
Boulder
W (48-47)
Mar 25 (Sun)
Oklahoma State (NIT Tournament)
at Stillwater
11:30 am
L (78-70)

Record: 22-14 (7-13)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. Fancy G Wing Forward C positions. Should I change the mens to match?

Nah. I would have prefered the PG/SG/SF/PF/C thing, but in the women's game it's a little more fluid. I figured this way was the safest for me to not make mistakes.

I just wish we had a true, experience center. Rachel improved with every game last year, but she still needed a lot of work by season's end. She was very foul prone as was Seabrook.

I just wish we had a true, experience center. Rachel improved with every game last year, but she still needed a lot of work by season's end. She was very foul prone as was Seabrook.

Didn't Lappe get one last year and she left after one game? Who was that and is she still playing ball somewhere else?

I agree with you though. CU sorely needs another (good) Center and has since Jackie graduated.

The player who left after one game last season was Shae Kelley, another 6'1" (?) wing. From what I have read, she was asked by coach Lappe to play out of position, helping in the post because of the teams needs there and she decided that wasn't what she wanted to do. She went to a junior college in Florida, where Patrick Harrington, former assistant coach under KMM, is the head coach. I suspect that Harrington was the coach who was responsible for recruiting her to CU in the first place. She sat out after transfering last season and I assume she will be playing this season.

There was a center on the roster who was a KMM recruit... Melissa MacFarlane .... but she quit IIRC without even going to any practices last season. From what I have read it sounded like she had almost quit BB in high school but changed her mind, came to CU, and played (sparingly and not real well, imo) her FR season under KMM. Then I suspect when she saw the no-nonsense approach of the new coaches, she decided she wasn't ready for that. She did help out former KMM assistant coach Aisha Veasley who had taken the head coaching positon at Boulder HS last season.

Harvard-Westlake HS. Cal Storm Elite - Club Team.

She's only 5'3", so that's why she wasn't heavily recruited. Looks like she can shoot, pass, handle and play some defense. This is a solid walk on who can play and also help the LA pipeline (everybody loves point guards).

[video=youtube;__c7m-LdO0Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__c7m-LdO0Y[/video]

Harvard-Westlake HS. Cal Storm Elite - Club Team.

She's only 5'3", so that's why she wasn't heavily recruited. Looks like she can shoot, pass, handle and play some defense. This is a solid walk on who can play and also help the LA pipeline (everybody loves point guards).

[video=youtube;__c7m-LdO0Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__c7m-LdO0Y[/video]

It seems like woman's basketball seem to get pretty good quality walk-on talent. There was another one a few years back that ended up earning a scholarship (Lauren Lubin?). Any reason for this?

Updated for current record, game times, and additional network coverage info.

Updated for the big road split on the UW-WSU road trip.

Buffs are now 13-1 (2-1) after a big Saturday win at formerly 1st place Wazzu.

RPI is now up to #89 despite a #323 strength of schedule.

The player who left after one game last season was Shae Kelley, another 6'1" (?) wing. From what I have read, she was asked by coach Lappe to play out of position, helping in the post because of the teams needs there and she decided that wasn't what she wanted to do. She went to a junior college in Florida, where Patrick Harrington, former assistant coach under KMM, is the head coach. I suspect that Harrington was the coach who was responsible for recruiting her to CU in the first place. She sat out after transfering last season and I assume she will be playing this season.

There was a center on the roster who was a KMM recruit... Melissa MacFarlane .... but she quit IIRC without even going to any practices last season. From what I have read it sounded like she had almost quit BB in high school but changed her mind, came to CU, and played (sparingly and not real well, imo) her FR season under KMM. Then I suspect when she saw the no-nonsense approach of the new coaches, she decided she wasn't ready for that. She did help out former KMM assistant coach Aisha Veasley who had taken the head coaching positon at Boulder HS last season.

To clarify- I am not sure where you are got your information, but no I did not want to quit in High School.

I quit because my heart was not in it anymore. I got to college, got to experience things outside basketball and found to love that more and that I was doing this for the wrong reasons. Someone who wanted and deserved to be there should have been there. I wasn’t about taking a free education and faking it like most people I know who do. So I did the respectful thing and left for my own sanity and the overall moral of the team to not bring that negativity into the season. Also to clarify- no nonsense approach? Try being a 6’6” athlete where you were offered a scholarship to play inside the post. Then a new coach comes in and is telling you to play a motion offense with you outside on the wing and have had no experience ever in the position. Tell me how you think you would fit in and not feel “lost”

Did you also know that I came in lifting more than anyone on the team? Probably not. I could have destroyed any post player in the Big 12/ Pac 12 but I didn’t care to. I also till this day can lift more than I did in college because I love weight lifting. No one could have stopped me and I know that about myself, so your opinion is irrelevant without knowing the whole story.

Back