What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019-20 Pac-12 MBB Thread

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I've been meaning to do this to track the conference each year, but I forgot last year and I'm a little late this year. Kind of the same as the threads I used to do with the daily Pac-12 games and conference standings, but combined and hopefully with more news/jokes/memes to keep it more informative and fun.

Anyways, I think this could be a fun/popular thread to dump all the Pac-12 MBB stuff here.

Main stuff going on:

- Buffs are ranked
- Pac-12 is kicking ass (best among Power 6 so far in conference RPI)
- Pac-12 is proving that NCAA & FBI investigations don't hurt hoops recruiting (and might help it)
- Buffs still own Arizona State -- SIT DOWN, BOBBY!!!
225010_hurleymine_w26di8.jpg

Sunday's Pac-12 games (11/17):

WSU beat Idaho State -- Elleby is a really good player. Wazzu now 2-1 and seems mediocre instead of horrible.

#19 Arizona (4-0) destroyed New Mexico State. Not as good of a NMSU team as some years, but still a quality opponent to beat by 30. Nnaji hasn't missed a shot in the past 2 games for Zona.

ASU (1-1) playing a good Rider squad right now on PACN.

#14 Oregon (3-0) hosts a decent UT-Arlington squad at 4pm on PACN.

ASU looked really strong in a blowout win. Rider's supposed to be right there for a Dance bid out of the MAAC.

Oregon is so long and athletic. They're gonna get scary when Dante arrives in December if he's as advertised (lottery pick center in June).

Monday Notes:

- Buffs move up from #25 to #23 in the new poll.

I have quickly gone from being happy to be ranked to feeling disrespected. Pac-12 is getting nowhere near enough love in the poll.

Today's games:

Buffs made a statement, beating a damn good UCI team by 16.

Cal looks bad, but finds its way to 4-0 by holding on for a 54-50 home win over Prairie View A&M.

UCLA (3-0) up 13 at half against a Southern Utah squad that may not be horrible.

Sunday's Pac-12 games (11/17):

WSU beat Idaho State -- Elleby is a really good player. Wazzu now 2-1 and seems mediocre instead of horrible.

#19 Arizona (4-0) destroyed New Mexico State. Not as good of a NMSU team as some years, but still a quality opponent to beat by 30. Nnaji hasn't missed a shot in the past 2 games for Zona.

ASU (1-1) playing a good Rider squad right now on PACN.

#14 Oregon (3-0) hosts a decent UT-Arlington squad at 4pm on PACN.

WSU's OOC is a joke-their only Power 7 OOC opponent is Nebraska. Let's not get ahead of ourselves on them. They drop the LA schools on New Year's weekend they're legit.

WSU's OOC is a joke-their only Power 7 OOC opponent is ****braska. Let's not get ahead of ourselves on them. They drop the LA schools on New Year's weekend they're legit.
I don't think they're legit. What I do think is that they won't kill our SOS this year by being about the #250 team in the ranks again. The way things are going, the entire conference could very well end up Top 150 (with 10+ in the Top 100).

I don't think they're legit. What I do think is that they won't kill our SOS this year by being about the #250 team in the ranks again. The way things are going, the entire conference could very well end up Top 150 (with 10+ in the Top 100).

Not sure about the two bottom feeders being top 150 yet. I wanna see them against Power 7 competition. Cal plays Duke on Thursday-if they can stay within striking distance into the 2nd half, that'd open some eyes. I wonder about there being a drop off after us, quack attack, UA, and UW though.

Not sure about the two bottom feeders being top 150 yet. I wanna see them against Power 7 competition. I wonder about there being a drop off after us, quack attack, UA, and UW though.
I think Utah, UCLA, USC and OSU are pretty serious teams this season.

Edit: Should have included ASU. I'll know how I feel about Stanford after I see them against Oklahoma next week.

Today's Games

Pepperdine vs USC (4-0)
Maryland-Eastern Shore vs Stanford (4-0)
Maine vs Washington (2-1)

Last edited by a moderator:
USC finally stating to wake up a bit right before the half. Rakocevik + Okongwu is a very strong front court. Not sure if they're a good enough shooting team on the perimeter reach their upside this season, though.

Oregon State goes to 4-1 with an 11 point win over a very pedestrian UCSB squad.

Thursday games:

Utah (3-0) at Coastal Carolina
WSU (2-1) hosts Omaha
Cal (4-0) vs #1 Duke at MSG
#14 Arizona (4-0) hosts a very solid South Dakota State
Stanford (5-0) hosts a pretty good William & Mary
UCLA (4-0) hosts Hofstra

Utah down to Coastal Carolina in Carolina. CCU favored and at home, so I don't know how much damage this loss would actually do to the PAC.

Good job Wazzu, ****ing Omaha, Jesus Christ. I figured Cal would get wrecked, shocking, I know. Utah, Jesus Christ again. Bring it on Oregon and U$C.

UCLA reverted to Alford-style and forgot to play defense tonight. All night, were either giving up an open look or committing a foul. Really bad showing.

You just can't be losing to Hofstra -- especially at home -- when you'e ****ing UCLA basketball.

UCLA reverted to Alford-style and forgot to play defense tonight. All night, were either giving up an open look or committing a foul. Really bad showing.

You just can't be losing to Hofstra -- especially at home -- when you'e ****ing UCLA basketball.
Disastrous

Cal down 8 to #22 Texas early in 2H.

#11 Oregon plays a solid Houston squad today.

#25 Washington plays a Montana team that looks a bit down this year.

Utah plays Ohio. Would be a good win for them.

USC might have a challenge against Temple.

Stanford is for real. Destroyed Oklahoma last night to remain undefeated. They play a really good Butler tonight.

UCLA, ASU and WSU will try not to embarrass themselves. At least one of them will probably fail.

Game that matters is CU vs Clemson.

Back