What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Men's basketball general off-seasons news thread

but we end with a lot of road games. Team needs to be in a very strong position by then
Yep. I prefer the way things are set up with a great opportunity to build momentum before getting road-heavy in conference play.

But we better win those home games.

Haha. There weren’t betting lines for the sweet 16, so decided to just go big. Got a chuckle and a “you sure?” out of the guy entering the bet. Hell yeah, I’m sure. Take my damn $20.
A man of my own heart. I've taken that bet a couple times. Always worth it

I was in KC on business one year during that game. My associates from there all wanted to go out and were practically trying to buy my fandom. No way was I going to cheer for the chickenhawks. But was Quin Snyder the mizzou coach? ouch.

Looks like he'll play tonight due to a temporary restraining order

I didn't hear about that part of it. Take that back, I just now did from you and now ESPN. As far as them wanting a "speedy resolution" from the NCAA, good luck with that. :D Since he's probably the top pick in the draft, maybe they will, who knows?

Looks like he'll play tonight due to a temporary restraining order

Most ridiculous thing in pro sports right now that the NBAPA doesn't allow players to enter the league straight out of high school. Wiseman should be a millionaire right now playing as an NBA rookie after being a Top 10 pick. And then the NCAA wants to say he can't play in college either?

As a fan, I just want to see the dude play.

Not sure where else to put this. Keep an eye on Baye Fall (‘22). He’s a 6’-11” kid from Senegal playing for Lutheran. Sounds like he’s special. So special some say if the NBA changes the rule, he could go straight to The League from HS.

This from is coach: “He’s 6’ 11” but jumps like he’s 6’ 2” and runs like he’s 6’ 6”.” He’s been offered by Minnesota and CU is showing interest. Maybe Tad should offer his cousin Mamadou Sow, a 6’ 7” junior forward at Lutheran.

Last edited:
Not sure where else to put this. Keep an eye on Baye Fall (‘22). He’s a 6’-11” kid from Senegal playing for Lutheran. Sounds like he’s special. So special some say if the NBA changes the rule, he could go straight to The League from HS.

This from is coach: “He’s 6’ 11” but jumps like he’s 6’ 2” and runs like he’s 6’ 6”.” He’s been offered by Minnesota and CU is showing interest. Maybe Tad should offer his cousin Mamadou Sow, a 6’ 7” junior forward at Lutheran.
Easy there. The kid has a ways to go. I wouldn't even consider him a 3-star at this point. He got his stats because of his height/length and the fact their schedule was packed with absolute trash. Good thing is he has a few years to go.

Easy there. The kid has a ways to go. I wouldn't even consider him a 3-star at this point. He got his stats because of his height/length and the fact their schedule was packed with absolute trash. Good thing is he has a few years to go.

I agree DBT's quotes are a little exaggerated, but I think you're going the other extreme though. It's definitely difficult to fully evaluate HS freshmen, especially from online tapes. However, 3-star is a vast range of players, and I would be surprised if he isn't at least a low 3-star when he's a senior (or even going into his junior year; there are no '23 rankings at this time for good reason). From his Pangos camp tape, you can see he can at least move and has some coordination. The competition didn't seem the best based on players' heights, but they are all freshmen...pretty hard to gauge. This kid is definitely worth keeping tabs on as he develops, hopefully really well into a top HS recruit that signs with the Bufffs.

Beyond the obvious news nuggets that we've assumed with Tyler for sure being gone and McKinley testing but hopeful he comes back. Love hearing that Tad expects to be a 20+ win team and in the tourney next year. I think that's a very reasonable goal with the group we have coming back and will set us up for the next couple years. He knows this is a big year.

If Horne can average 8 boards a game, Dallas replaces Lucas' numbers, and Battey learns how to play without fouling so much, we should be comparable to this past season's team. If Dshawn plays at an all-conference level (he has the ability), even better. If Keeshawn really is 6'2"?

A whole lotta ifs. Make it so, Tad.

Sounds like the NCAA is about to come hard for LSU and Arizona. Good riddance. UN level corruption at those two diploma mills. I’m assuming also those are the two schools Vitale is talking about.

Sounds like the NCAA is about to come hard for LSU and Arizona. Good riddance. UN level corruption at those two diploma mills. I’m assuming also those are the two schools Vitale is talking about.
If you watch the HBO documentary called The Scheme which was released on 3/31 you will understand why. Coach Miller's college career may be ending as well as the LSU coach.

Heard on the radio that the ncaa is will try to pin the booster tag on a shoe company with regards to KU and their recruits (who received $ via the shoe company).

I have a hard time believing that would work.

Back