What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

This is more recruiting “news” but I wasn’t sure where to post it. Looks like Oregon is building some strong relationships with DeSoto High School in TX.

Hoping we can continue establishing a pipeline there after getting both Shenaults, Nixon, and Jynes.

This is more recruiting “news” but I wasn’t sure where to post it. Looks like Oregon is building some strong relationships with DeSoto High School in TX.

Hoping we can continue establishing a pipeline there after getting both Shenaults, Nixon, and Jynes.

The head of Nike football operations helping the University of Oregon established relationships with high school powerhouses. That is absolute bull****. Perhaps it's time for everyone but Oregon to create a mass Exodus from Nike.

The head of Nike football operations helping the University of Oregon established relationships with high school powerhouses. That is absolute bull****. Perhaps it's time for everyone but Oregon to create a mass Exodus from Nike.
It’s definitely an advantage for them. They don’t have a great history/tradition, town, or academics, but they have boatloads of Nike cash and connections. That’s why they’ll continue to recruit so well. Not sure who we’d switch to as I don’t follow the football apparel business closely enough. Seems like there will always be some schools with better connections and advantages due to that.

Absolutely won’t buy Nike product. The whole family knows it.

That sucks you're missing out on the best stuff

Nike: The Firestone of Shoes.
im-55186

Last edited:

Not sure how that is allowed. Seems to be essentially a booster enticing recruits to a specific school.
All of the Nike endorsed schools should tell Nike to sponsor these trips to any endorsement school.

I don't believe I've seen a shoe just come apart like that. It's not like he's rocking Wal-Mart kicks.:D
I had a pair of work boats disintegrate on me as I was walking across a well site one time. Brand new, first time I put them on. I started walking and 50 yards later my feet could feet the rocks on location. The sole just crumbled and fell apart. The only thing I can think was I stored them in my super hot trunk for a couple weeks before wearing them. Like south Texas in summer hot.

I would have a heart attack, so the mortician would get to make that decision.
It’s been so long since I played either but in high school (late 70s), I had I think Puma football cleats, and Nike or Adidas basketball shoes.

Man, I loved my Puma high tops for basketball, fit perfectly, didn't slip.

Football I played in Pony cleats. Ugly as could be but did the job well.

Graduated HS in 79'

Not a good thing to have your shoe be what everyone is saying caused the number 1 palyer in collge bball to get a sprained knee.

yup. lot of extra work in the Nike ad/PR department next few weeks through the NCAA tournament. gotta come up with the magic "it wasn't us" somehow plausible line of counter massage. or: really really really hope Zion is back, soon, and outright dominant. hoisting the trophy in Nike shoes.

edit: i remember Pony baseball i had spikes were pretty sweet.

Last edited:
P6.jpg

They had this same color scheme in a low top football cleat and in a low top basketball shoe. I had a pair of each, played in the cleats, the basketball shoe was mainly just casual daily wear.

Size 14 by the way.

Back