What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

I hope I'm wrong, but we might be watching the total collapse of Virginia Tech football.

Or maybe six players transferring out this year, and not even mentioning the coach in their "thanks VT fans, its been great" staements, is a positive sign.
"I respect the fact that each individual’s circumstances and situation are different. We will continue to support all our student-athletes and wish them best whether their future is at Virginia Tech or another institution," Fuente said in his statement.

In the last two days, four offensive players have entered themselves in the transfer portal or announced their decisions to move on...

br link

Jonah Jackson - C - Scarlet Knights
Rutgers redshirt senior OL Jonah Jackson will transfer as a graduate.
Not the shiniest of days for Scarlet Knights HC Chris Ash, who saw three players -- Jackson the first -- announce graduate transfers in the span of two minutes on Thursday morning (seriously, two minutes). Jackson (6'4/299) was an 11-game starter for the 2018 campaign and earned all Big Ten honorable mention for his work during the season. He has played all over the line during his career with the program, trying his hand at both guard spots, plus center. That versatility only ups his appeal on the transfer market. Jackson will graduate in May and be eligible to play immediately with his future program once the 2019 season gets underway.
Source: Jonah Jackson on Twitter
Jan 24 - 3:50 PM

Keep em coming!

Trevon Sidney - WR - Trojans
The Athletic's Bruce Feldman reports that USC redshirt junior WR Trevon Sidney has entered the NCAA transfer portal.
It's been a month for USC, who earlier in the day lost five-star ATH signee Bru McCoy to Texas and is still without an offensive coordinator after Kliff Kingsbury bounced for the NFL several weeks back. Sidney's entrance into the NCAA transfer portal represents a significantly smaller blow (assuming he does ultimately move to transfer), but it's just one more thing in the negative direction for the program since their retention of HC Clay Helton at the end of the 2018 campaign. This past season, the 5-foot-11, 164-pound Sidney caught seven passes for 104 yards. He initially signed with the Trojans as a four-star recruit in the 2016 class.
Source: Bruce Feldman on Twitter
Jan 25 - 7:23 PM

They keep coming (y)

Ivan Lewis - C - Trojans
USC strength and conditioning coach Ivan Lewis is leaving USC for a job with the Seattle Seahawks.
It's a significant loss for the Trojans, as Lewis is viewed as one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the country. He joined USC in 2014 from Washington, so it's a return to the Pacific Northwest.
Source: Joey Kaufman on Twitter
Jan 29 - 6:08 PM

This guy transferred to a program that just killed one of their players. Things are totally fugged up in Blacksburg.

Link
Buzz is such a good coach, but may not be the easiest guy to play for. He had a lot of trouble at Marquette with roster management, especially with the front court.

Buzz is such a good coach, but may not be the easiest guy to play for. He had a lot of trouble at Marquette with roster management, especially with the front court.
This is a football player. Last time i checked, we've had 8 transfers so far this off-season.

Buzz doesn't have a retention problem, that was Greenberg.

The Bru McCoy situation is pretty interesting. I can obviously see why UT fans want him eligible to play immediately, but if that ends up the case, this could truly open the door for a lot more of this going forward. Longhorn fans should also realize that the portal may giveth, but it can also taketh.

My gut tells me though that his lawyer will find a way to use the Kingsbury drama to get Bru immediate eligibility.

The Bru McCoy situation is pretty interesting. I can obviously see why UT fans want him eligible to play immediately, but if that ends up the case, this could truly open the door for a lot more of this going forward. Longhorn fans should also realize that the portal may giveth, but it can also taketh.

My gut tells me though that his lawyer will find a way to use the Kingsbury drama to get Bru immediate eligibility.
Yeah, that just can't happen. If he didn't enroll and USC let him out of his LOI I could see this happening but trying to argue that he left because Kingsbury left for the Cardinals when he wasn't even officially hired at USC when McCoy enrolled? GTFO

tenor.gif

This is a football player. Last time i checked, we've had 8 transfers so far this off-season.

Buzz doesn't have a retention problem, that was Greenberg.
Fugg. Make that nine.

Second Virginia Tech quarterback entering name in transfer portal
Link

Man, such a helpless feeling to watch VT implode.

What’s the reason here? I’m not versed in VT.
Nobody knows, but it appears to be a coaching issue. Only one transfer has even mentioned Coach Fu in their "so long, VT, it's been real" announcement.

If I still lived on NC, I'd register Republican. I'd be so pissed to find out this is what our governor decides to poke his nose into.

For those who haven't followed (no surprise), VT took steps to cancel the future series. Last season, ECU used the hurricane to back out of a game in Blacksburg and then traveled to Florida the next day to prep for their conference opener.

IMG_20190131_195404.jpg

I know we’re not planning on a 2019 QB recruit, but this is still nuts to me (a 4* being a potential blue shirt):

John Rhys Plumlee - QB - Bulldogs
Rivals' Chad Simmons tagged Georgia four-star 2019 verbal QB commit John Rhys Plumlee as a potential flip candidate to watch on National Signing Day.
This one might be imminent, for several reasons. Not only did Plumlee take an official to Ole Miss earlier this month -- and has one upcoming with FSU -- but Georgia's offer is not free and clear of complications. The Bulldogs signed two quarterbacks (Dwan Mathis, Stetson Bennett) during the early December window and are asking Plumlee to blueshirt, meaning no scholarship right out of the gate. Rivals ranks the Hattiesburg, Mississippi, native as the No. 13 dual-threat quarterback prospect in the 2019 class.
Source: Rivals
Jan 31 - 9:46 PM

Back