What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

If Tate is hell bent on playing this year, he'll need to go FCS......light it up it there and he'll have the Pirate penciling him in as their starter for 2021 as a grad transfer.......sooooo he has that going for him, which is nice.

If Tate is hell bent on playing this year, he'll need to go FCS......light it up it there and he'll have the Pirate penciling him in as their starter for 2021 as a grad transfer.......sooooo he has that going for him, which is nice.

big hitter, the lama.

Tate Martell leading a younger team without many veteran leaders on offense? That'll be great.

He may be 3rd on the depth chart on Miami.
I knew there was going to be a discussion on here from spme that we'd love tp have him, and he'd be pur QB 1 next year. Apparently every QB on our roster not named Montez is awful because Miami's 3rd string QB (yes he's#3 behind Perry) would be an upgrade over anyone we have...

I knew there was going to be a discussion on here from spme that we'd love tp have him, and he'd be pur QB 1 next year. Apparently every QB on our roster not named Montez is awful because Miami's 3rd string QB (yes he's#3 behind Perry) would be an upgrade over anyone we have...
There literally hasn’t been a shred of competition to Montez for 3 offseasons now and we have actually seen the backups in games and scrimmages. It’s not a stretch to say someone else’s 2nd/3rd string QB is better than our 2nd/3rd string QBs.

There literally hasn’t been a shred of competition to Montez for 3 offseasons now and we have actually seen the backups in games and scrimmages. It’s not a stretch to say someone else’s 2nd/3rd string QB is better than our 2nd/3rd string QBs.
We have no idea if anyone besides Montez can run the offense in games because MM never took the reigns off and let guys go out and play.

In addition, the QB no one has been able to beat put is an NFL type prospect. It shouldn't even be surprising no one has beat/challenged him.

They are talking of moving him to slot reciever, he's to short and that's an issue for him. Other players might do fine at his height, he's not able to get ahead of his competition as he's going up against otherreally good QBs. I'd hard pass this kid at QB. I think he stays and battles for a spot in miami still

How do you guys see the Ducks VS Auburn? I just wonder if Auburn can score enough points with that O and a Freshman QB...That D is going to be all over Herbert though.

How many Oregon fans travel to Jerryworld? I mean you would think Auburn will have an advantage there. Although maybe that doesn't matter when it's not on campus.

Maybe this one ends up like 24-17.

Such a big time recruit when Oregon got him. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he parlayed a D2 season into a Combine invite.

Anyone who is confident in their preseason assessment of Auburn is lying.
:LOL:

The rollercoaster of an Auburn fan. When expectations are low, those seem to be the years they contend for titles. No rhyme or reason to their season results. Talent is always there to have a magical year, but the chemistry is always volatile.

How many Oregon fans travel to Jerryworld? I mean you would think Auburn will have an advantage there. Although maybe that doesn't matter when it's not on campus.

Maybe this one ends up like 24-17.

I'll be there but I live in Austin.

How do you guys see the Ducks VS Auburn? I just wonder if Auburn can score enough points with that O and a Freshman QB...That D is going to be all over Herbert though.

The injury bug has taken some bites out of Auburn. Nobody ruled out for the game, but lots of guys dinged up. I'd say the game is a tossup. I think Oregon is the deeper, but less talented team, if that makes sense. Auburn's DL is more talented, but much less experienced, for example. Auburn is going to play 2 QBs who have a combined 1 pass attempt in their careers.

Wanted to respond to a couple things-One, I have ZERO issue whatsoever with going out and getting a grad/eligible immediately transfer to compete with the guys we have coming back in 2020 at QB.

Two, Oregon-Auburn is as big for this league as Washington-Auburn was last year. Ducklings lose, and our league will need chaos in both the Big 12 and Big 10 to put a team in the CFP. Washington and Utah have zero margin for error in terms of the CFP IMO because of their weak OOCs. I think the Ducklings win a tight one, but I'm not comfortable enough with that game to bet it either way.

I'll be there but I live in Austin.

The injury bug has taken some bites out of Auburn. Nobody ruled out for the game, but lots of guys dinged up. I'd say the game is a tossup. I think Oregon is the deeper, but less talented team, if that makes sense. Auburn's DL is more talented, but much less experienced, for example. Auburn is going to play 2 QBs who have a combined 1 pass attempt in their careers.

malzahn seems to make qb's not thrive. that kid Stidham from Baylor looked all-world as a FR in Waco. big, make all the throws with Briles.. kinda underwhelming at AU. didn't seem to get better. i really liked that team two years ago that beat Bama and UGA. then, they got pasted in the CCG. Gus magic.

to me, depends what kind of game it turns out. Auburn probably wins a smashmouth game and SEC teams are good OOC since they have corners who can cover one-one....and passing teams from Pac or Big XII all of a sudden there are more defenders in the spread/passing lanes. can also rush 3, or defend token run games with minimum commits on D.

i won't straight out pick the Ducks....since i'm not at all a Cristobal believer.....but Hebert will be the best player on the field and in neutral setting.....maybe UO.

but you never know with Auburn.

malzahn seems to make qb's not thrive. that kid Stidham from Baylor looked all-world as a FR in Waco. big, make all the throws with Briles.. kinda underwhelming at AU. didn't seem to get better. i really liked that team two years ago that beat Bama and UGA. then, they got pasted in the CCG. Gus magic.

to me, depends what kind of game it turns out. Auburn probably wins a smashmouth game and SEC teams are good OOC since they have corners who can cover one-one....and passing teams from Pac or Big XII all of a sudden there are more defenders in the spread/passing lanes. can also rush 3, or defend token run games with minimum commits on D.

i won't straight out pick the Ducks....since i'm not at all a Cristobal believer.....but Hebert will be the best player on the field and in neutral setting.....maybe UO.

but you never know with Auburn.

The Tigers lost their best corner but return all the rest. Their LB group is the (relative)weakness of that defense, along with depth on the DL. If Oregon can establish the run early and get some good gut punches in, maybe the Ducks can break loose in the second half. There's no way I'm betting on Oregon, that's not how these games go until proven otherwise.

Not to go off topic but does anyone watch Hard Knocks anymore? Gruden is actually making me laugh. He obviously hates college football. He's so pissy about it. The conversation with the UC/Davis player (Hello Dan Hawkins) was hilarious.

The funniest aspect of Gruden's personality is he starts off sentences and conversations really rational and calm and evenly. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere he loses his shi- kind of like the Robert Loggia character Feech Lamanna in Sopranos....

Not to go off topic but does anyone watch Hard Knocks anymore? Gruden is actually making me laugh. He obviously hates college football. He's so pissy about it. The conversation with the UC/Davis player (Hello Dan Hawkins) was hilarious.

The funniest aspect of Gruden's personality is he starts off sentences and conversations really rational and calm and evenly. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere he loses his shi- kind of like the Robert Loggia character Feech Lamanna in Sopranos....

Crazy play calling lingo.

Spider 2 Y banana is simple to some of the stuff I’ve seen.

I thought the first episode was pretty boring, but this last one was solid. Gruden is definitely an interesting guy. I really liked how they had footage from when Sean McVay was the "Piss Boy" or whatever with the Bucs when Gruden was HC there a long time ago. Crazy how far and fast McVay has come in his career.

That is so right! McVay looked 15 years old in that first clip. Amazing. And at the end he was talking to McVay after the game and was like "Ya ran some read options on me, ya prick." HAHA.

Also, not a newsflash or anything, but Derek Carr has the personality of a dial tone.

I'd take Tate at CU. He looked good when he got in at Ohio State. He'd be very likely to win the QB1 job for 2020.
Unless you've got top end talent as a quarterback, no way in hell I'd want someone with his attitude, maturity (or lack thereof), and demeanor representing this program. Martell does not have top-end talent so I'd rather not have him anywhere near this team but that's just my opinion.

Back