What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

A 2019 recruit that transfers quickly is different than a 3rd year RS sophomore that leaves because they are buried. Again, these are data points, but it seems like the Alabama’s of the world are going to hate liberalized transfer rules. It’s early, so Let’s continue to watch the trends.

Another data point suggesting the top tier recruiting schools are going to hate the liberalization of transfer rules. Like the 85 person scholarship limit, this will create more balance for the most part.
I think you hit the nail on the head comparing it to the 85 person scholarship limit.

We all know that the blue-bloods would regularly recruit guys that they knew would never really contribute to their teams on the field just to deny their services to other schools - the reduction to 85 limited that quite a bit.

With players these days being able to contribute on the field earlier than ever before (how many true and redshirt freshmen are getting significant playing time at elite programs?), the numbers have shifted: a lot of schools (especially elites) don't have 85 players that are either making significant contributions now or will make significant contributions in the future.

There's probably around 55-60 players who fit in those categories. Which means that Nos 61-85 are the old Nos 86-105. Only now they can transfer to a place where they will be in the 55-60 that can/will contribute.

The funniest part of the whole thing is the "family friend" he met right before his freshman year at Ohio State. Who thought that was a good tweet to send?
I disagree. All my family friends are people my family and I just met a few years ago right before I accepted a scholarship to a championship contenting blue blood. And they are all willing to give me loans.

I disagree. All my family friends are people my family and I just met a few years ago right before I accepted a scholarship to a championship contenting blue blood. And they are all willing to give me loans.
So True.

Reggie Bush met some family friends truly were friends of the whole family. Such good friends that they let the whole family live in their Bel Aire home for free so they could hear Reggie tell them all about his classes at SC every day.

A 2019 recruit that transfers quickly is different than a 3rd year RS sophomore that leaves because they are buried. Again, these are data points, but it seems like the Alabama’s of the world are going to hate liberalized transfer rules. It’s early, so Let’s continue to watch the trends.

the guys who get buried on depth charts at Alabama and Georgia probably start here at this point in time-I'd grab as many of those types as I could if I were our staff.

Hey ... but at least tOSU is going to sit him out for the next two games ... against Maryland and Rutgers. Gee ... I wonder why they picked those two games?

Back