What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

It is a good game for CU to play semi-regularly. I like the idea of playing a home & home every decade.

I think more than that might ask too much-We have three OOC slots, and they have two given they have to play Army and Navy every year. I'd love to see RG put the CSU game on hiatus for a solid decade (mudholing them on 8/30 would go a long way to accomplishing this lol) after 2024 and play them instead-but let's see how this series goes. If we get a good crowd at Folsom this year when they come, I'd bet RG agrees to another series with them after 2029 or whenever we have a vacancy.

Would any of you be okay with playing an entire season at Mile High if they did so in order to gut and renovate Folsom? Not that they ever will.

Would any of you be okay with playing an entire season at Mile High if they did so in order to gut and renovate Folsom? Not that they ever will.
Yes, of course, but only if Folsom was truly being completely gutted. Bathrooms, seating, Balch, press boxes/west side seating, sound system, concessions, etc. If would need to be a finished product

No. When Stanford rebuilt their stadium in 2005 they had bulldozers parked outside during their last game and started digging up turf while fans were still leaving the stadium. They rebuilt the whole stadium in one offseason. I believe they played one game at San Jose State due to delays but finished the rest of their season in the new stadium.

If that's what it took, I'm sure everyone would deal with it for a year to get everything in Folsom to elite level.

No. When Stanford rebuilt their stadium in 2005 they had bulldozers parked outside during their last game and started digging up turf while fans were still leaving the stadium. They rebuilt the whole stadium in one offseason. I believe they played one game at San Jose State due to delays but finished the rest of their season in the new stadium.

I don't ever think this scenario will happen to be honest-I see RG as the type of AD who will set up any construction that Folsom needs in a way that will ensure we don't lose home games. I don't know how we play at game at Mile High again after August 30th (unless it hosts the Pac 12 championship game)-we have the best natural setting for college football in the country, and I believe Notre Dame, Alabama, Clemson, or any other program you can think of would want to do a home and home with us to expose their fans to Folsom and Boulder. There's a reason why we got that series with Florida (who NEVER leaves the state outside of the SEC) guys.

I think Cal vacated for a season. But Folsom upgrades could be phased. And that is probably how it would happen because I don’t see us having funding to do everything in one shot. However I think to do it right, the entire seating area, restrooms, infrastructure, etc. needs to be gutted and rebuilt, leaving the historic facade as it is.

If that were the case, we are talking about a complete re-do of the stadium and I don't see anyone being upset about that. Or, at least they shouldn't be.

I think Cal vacated for a season. But Folsom upgrades could be phased. And that is probably how it would happen because I don’t see us having funding to do everything in one shot. However I think to do it right, the entire seating area, restrooms, infrastructure, etc. needs to be gutted and rebuilt, leaving the historic facade as it is.
It would be sweet to do Coors for a game too like Cal did. I know football games in baseball stadiums kinda suck but I think CU could have a pretty big alumni party/outreach thing in Lodo on a random fall Saturday. This is of course only if Folsom is getting renovated.

If that were the case, we are talking about a complete re-do of the stadium and I don't see anyone being upset about that. Or, at least they shouldn't be.
I don't see a COMPLETE redo ever happening, and frankly, I think it would be unnecessary. The Stadium itself has pretty good bones. Gut and renovate the bathrooms, bleachers, and Balch (replace?), absolutely. But other than Balch, we're really looking at a cosmetic remodel if anything like this were to ever happen IMO....and this could all be done in an offseason easily (again with the possible exception of Balch).

We don't ever need to go the Cal route (their stadium is/was on a fault line and falling apart). Just my 2 cents

It would be sweet to do Coors for a game too like Cal did. I know football games in baseball stadiums kinda suck but I think CU could have a pretty big alumni party/outreach thing in Lodo on a random fall Saturday. This is of course only if Folsom is getting renovated.

They played at AT&T Park or whatever the hell its called now for a year while their stadium was being renovated-If you want to do a gimmicky, neutral site game in a year like 2021 (where we have six home dates already), do it there. Mile High sucks for anything.

I don't see a COMPLETE redo ever happening, and frankly, I think it would be unnecessary. The Stadium itself has pretty good bones. Gut and renovate the bathrooms, bleachers, and Balch (replace?), absolutely. But other than Balch, we're really looking at a cosmetic remodel if anything like this were to ever happen IMO....and this could all be done in an offseason easily (again with the possible exception of Balch).

We don't ever need to go the Cal route (their stadium is/was on a fault line and falling apart). Just my 2 cents
These things are fun to talk about but all we do is speculate and spend other people’s money. The “bones” you mention are pushing 100 years old.

The concrete the forms the lower bowl is original to the stadium, and is closing in on 100 years old. It is in bad shape in quite a few areas and should be replaced IMO. They could do section by section, and likely have a minimum impact on the football season, if they wanted to match the existing bowl and rake. If they wanted to modify the rake of the bowl, or adjust the rows for real seats, that would have a bigger impact for sure.

These things are fun to talk about but all we do is speculate and spend other people’s money. The “bones” you mention are pushing 100 years old.
The concrete the forms the lower bowl is original to the stadium, and is closing in on 100 years old. It is in bad shape in quite a few areas and should be replaced IMO. They could do section by section, and likely have a minimum impact on the football season, if they wanted to match the existing bowl and rake. If they wanted to modify the rake of the bowl, or adjust the rows for real seats, that would have a bigger impact for sure.
Both good points. I could see some of the concrete being replaced as needed, but a redesign I have a hard time seeing. The site is pretty restricted, and surrounded by some really nice buildings (Dal Ward, Champions Center, and the Club Level). Any changes in rake or the bowl overall would/could have some impact to those structures.

Not to mention, I love how intimate the stadium is. It has the tightest sidelines in the country IMO, which I think is super cool, especially when it's rocking'.

Both good points. I could see some of the concrete being replaced as needed, but a redesign I have a hard time seeing. The site is pretty restricted, and surrounded by some really nice buildings (Dal Ward, Champions Center, and the Club Level. Any changes in rake or the bowl overall would/could have some impact to those structures.

Not to mention, I love how intimate the stadium is. It has the tightest sidelines in the country IMO, which I think is super cool, especially when it's rocking'.
Honestly, as nice as the tight sidelines are, they should probably expand each sideline 5-10yards. It really doesn't seem safe for players to have those metal benches bolted to the concrete wall right at knee level, just steps from the sideline. I am shocked there aren't more lower leg injuries from players getting knocked out of bounds at full speed.

DBT needs to lay off the meth and posting crazy ass thoughts at 3:38 am
What is just one of the crappy differences between the old and new bronco stadium, the rake. granted it makes launching grandmothers easier but otherwise it sucks. I would hate to see any design change to the bowl.

Agree with you, but doesn't a gut job in Balch have to come first?

If you start that in Nov/Early Dec after the UW game, that seems like it could be done by 9/12/20
I mean, you could definitely demo Balch and the west side of the bowl and have the bowl renovated prior to the beginning of the next season. Replacing Balch is going to take a while.

I mean, you could definitely demo Balch and the west side of the bowl and have the bowl renovated prior to the beginning of the next season. Replacing Balch is going to take a while.

I'd split it up. Balch first (that's the one part of Folsom I don't like) and then the lower bowl. That concrete does need work, but Balch needs it more IMO, and any major stuff like that needs to be done in chunks that can be finished before the home opener of the following year. Maybe we should start a Folsom improvement thread (if we don't already have one going) and move this conversation there.

Last edited:
DBT needs to lay off the meth and posting crazy ass thoughts at 3:38 am
What is just one of the crappy differences between the old and new bronco stadium, the rake. granted it makes launching grandmothers easier but otherwise it sucks. I would hate to see any design change to the bowl.
Sucks being old. I wake up every morning around then and have a hard time getting back to sleep.

Back