What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Football Scholarship Roster

It would be great if someone could keep track of the burnt redshirts this season. Y'know, like in this thread. Thanks in advance.
If any one can find a participation report I'd appreciate it. Couldn't find it yesterday to check on Jones

I'm very curious to see how Tucker manages his roster this year with the potential for redshirting several freshmen and non-freshmen who could play a much bigger role in the future than what they would contribute in 2019.

With this 4-game redshirt rule, there's so much more leeway these days for protecting a redshirt.

For example, do we want to graduate 3 TEs or would we be better off with Jones coming back after another year of weight room and coaching? Is there a possibility that a guy like Fillip could play just enough to still redshirt? Can he avoid burning the redshirts of Luckett and/or Trujillo?
How much longer does Jones need?

The fallout we’re seeing is, and should have been, expected. That doesn’t make it any less worrying. This team is as thin through attrition and injury as any team I can remember. It is dangerously close to wheels-off level on defense. If the wheels do come off and they lose out this year, it will affect recruiting and that sets up an even more ominous condition. Winning at least a couple more games this season is vital. Becoming bowl eligible would be miraculous.

The 2016 team had its roots in freshman playing early. I would say at this point we have to stretch out our goals to 2-3 years. This is a rebuild and a healthy rebuild. I want a full Mel Tucker team, but we must go to a bowl either by miracle this year or for sure next year with good recruiting.

2020 schedule ain’t a cake walk. Includes OR at home and aTm, WA, and SC on the road.

I’m starting to succumb to the 3 or 4 year recovery model. AGAIN.

Can we please get an updated thread on scholarship numbers. Also any news of JC transfers or late additions that can enroll in the fall. Looks like the team need maybe one more S, TE,, OT and QB.

Looks like we're 2 over the 85 man limit if everybody on the current roster sticks and all of the newbs show up later this Summer.

That's counting Udoffia and Stenstrom leaving. And adding Alfano.
We still need at a minimum a grad xfer at Safety and a grad xfer at QB.

So looks like we need to attrition at least 4 from the roster during/after Spring camp.

Tough break for Ski. Injuries 3 years in a row. ???

Anghen(sp) family medical issue was let out of his commitment to sign with CU

Isnt the big bruiser RB from Cherry creek grey shirting?

I know Maddox transfered already

Udofia, and Vaughn graduating early

Jones graduate transfer
Callier, Stenstrom, Noyer and huffman-dixon entered the portal

Viska declared early for the NFL draft.

Jones graduate transfer

Are those questions or statements?

Jones graduate transfer

My numbers already accounted for Viska, Callier, Stenstrom, Noyer, Udoffia and Maddox. Pyne was not a scholly.
By Jones do you mean Derrion Jones? He's long gone. Akil Jones isn't leaving.

I also don't know who you're referring to with the name Anghen and I'm counting Jayle Stacks as a scholarship for this upcoming season.

I didn't know about Vaughn but that clearly makes sense. I also didn't know about Huffman-Dixon. Makes sense too.

So by my count we're at 85. We still do need to bring in a Safety and QB.

My numbers already accounted for Viska, Callier, Stenstrom, Noyer, Udoffia and Maddox. Pyne was not a scholly.
By Jones do you mean Derrion Jones? He's long gone. Akil Jones isn't leaving.

I also don't know who you're referring to with the name Anghen and I'm counting Jayle Stacks as a scholarship for this upcoming season.

I didn't know about Vaughn but that clearly makes sense. I also didn't know about Huffman-Dixon. Makes sense too.

So by my count we're at 85. We still do need to bring in a Safety and QB.
Anglen, safety prospect, was released from his scholarship due to a family medical issue.

I think we are under 85. Can add one or two players.

Looks like we're 2 over the 85 man limit if everybody on the current roster sticks and all of the newbs show up later this Summer.

That's counting Udoffia and Stenstrom leaving. And adding Alfano.
We still need at a minimum a grad xfer at Safety and a grad xfer at QB.

So looks like we need to attrition at least 4 from the roster during/after Spring camp.

Tough break for Ski. Injuries 3 years in a row. ???
We can't take 2 grad transfers. They count against initials and we only have one initial open with Anglen being let out of his NLI.

We can't take 2 grad transfers. They count against initials and we only have one initial open with Anglen being let out of his NLI.
Well I guess they need to take a QB because we can't really expect to get through a season with just 2 QBs. I presume Perry and Lemonious-Craig will be moved to Safety.

If we have room for 1 grad transfer, I would prefer to have that player impact the team.

I believe the team is better off moving forward with Lytle, Lewis and Walks-ons than bringing in a G-transfer QB (Unless Lawrence is looking to grad early and leave Clemson). At this point (mid-March) Safety and CB seem to be the most likely positions where Grad Transfer has a chance to make an immediate impact.

Back