What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Men's basketball general off-seasons news thread

tenor.gif

Wait. Did I see that we are expected to start the season ranked in the top 25 next year? If that's true it would be huge.

Wait. Did I see that we are expected to start the season ranked in the top 25 next year? If that's true it would be huge.

Only preseason ranking I saw us in is NBC Sports that has us at #19. All the other ones I saw don't have us in the top 25, except ESPN has us "next in line." Would be amazing to somehow start the season ranked.

Only preseason ranking I saw us in is NBC Sports that has us at #19. All the other ones I saw don't have us in the top 25, except ESPN has us "next in line." Would be amazing to somehow start the season ranked.
The NBC folk probably just looked at returning minutes and threw CU in the poll, without really knowing anything about the team. It would be nice to have some pre-season recognition, but I'd be completely shocked if CU is receiving more than a small handful of votes, if any, when the first official pre-season polls are released.

I'm one of those idots who thinks we're better off if we don't start ranked. Chip on the shoulder, earn it, yada yada. I'm afraid if too much pre-season cred.

I think a majority have us on the "just outside, but keeping an eye on" area. We're kind of the basketball hipster preseason pick.

More than just new carpets? What upgrades are occuring?
  • New and improved lockers to provide a more cohesive environment for our student-athletes
  • Creation of sophisticated team lounges including chairs, counter tops, TV's, and a team meeting space
  • Improvements for showering including adding the layout of showering facilities including the addition of showers for lacrosse and individual shower spaces for volleyball
https://cubuffclub.com/sports/2018/8/1/capital.aspx

1. Colorado (previous: 2): The Buffaloes were one of the hottest teams in the Pac-12 at the close of 2018-19 and have more experience — and fewer unknowns — than any team entering 2019-20. All the rotation players are back, including the best lead guard in the conference (McKinley Wright), one of the best frontcourt players (Tyler Bey) and a proven cast of contributors. And don’t forget, 7-footer Dallas Walton returns from injury. CU might not ooze 4- and 5-star recruits or be the last Pac-12 team standing in the NCAAs, but the Buffs are best equipped to survive the regular-season grind.
kin.gif

Colorado (Dec. 7, Lawrence) and Kansas will be meeting for the 164th time, with Kansas leading the series, 123-40. These two old conference brethren first met in 1931; CU won the last meeting, 75-72, on Dec. 7, 2013, in Boulder, Colorado. CU went 23-13 last year and tied for fourth in the Pac-12 Conference with a 10-8 league record. The Buffs lost to Big 12 foe Texas in the third round of the postseason NIT. Colorado is coached by former KU guard Tad Boyle, who is 189-123 in nine seasons at CU and 245-189 in 13 seasons overall.

This news is worthy of a drop in. Gonna be tough to keep the hype train from getting out of control before November. Beat the Squawks.

just noting that December 7 will be the weekend of the football CCGs.

since the Buffs will play theirs on Friday, good planning should get fans from Santa Clara to Lawrence in time for tip.

since the Buffs will play theirs on Friday, good planning should get fans from Santa Clara to Lawrence in time for tip.
We might only have a hundred fans in Lawrence. Most KU fans can't even get tickets to a game in Lawrence. It's a big reason why so many of them historically traveled to the CU game in Boulder. For a lot of years, it was cheaper for them to buy our season ticket package to see a KU game than it was to buy 1 KU home game.

We might only have a hundred fans in Lawrence. Most KU fans can't even get tickets to a game in Lawrence. It's a big reason why so many of them historically traveled to the CU game in Boulder. For a lot of years, it was cheaper for them to buy our season ticket package to see a KU game than it was to buy 1 KU home game.

Didn't we kind of break the system too and find a loophole when we played there a few years ago? I remember people finding a way through the ticketing system early or something.

Didn't we kind of break the system too and find a loophole when we played there a few years ago? I remember people finding a way through the ticketing system early or something.
I think I just bought mine on the second-hand market.

That will be an epic day...CU MBB wins in Lawerence and then the football team wins the Pac-12 Championship on their way to the college football playoffs. One can dream can't they?

Back