What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Men's basketball general off-seasons news thread

If we started against Cal/Stanford I would be perfectly fine with the students on break. It does suck that one of the pair will be UO instead.
I don’t know. Probably good to have an opponent with a good draw when students are on break. Oregon should still draw a good crowd even with fewer students.

HEY ALL BUFFS, anyone going to the KU game on December 7th at Allen Fieldhouse ?? Any interest??

Last year we road tripped to New Mexico (boring drive!) and Air Force (obviously real close and not a real "road trip").

I never thought I'd see that from Boeheim. It's cool that he's still evolving as a coach after so many years, but I think I'll have trouble wrapping my head around it when I see Syracuse in a man defense. I think it will make them more dangerous if they're able to disrupt things by throwing a different look at a team -- as long as it doesn't compromise their mastery of their 2-3 matchup zone.

I want to say that Washington has been more multiple with that defensive system, so there should be a blueprint.

They always have dudes with a long wingspan. It works in man, too. Hell, you could probably do both. Maybe, it would be situational, but it's an option.

Since I'm new to the boards I dont know if it has been posted already but looks like Tyler Bey might end up being a lotto pick in next year's draft (if he declares) - currently ranks #19 at NBAdraft.net
Yeah. I don't think many of us are expecting him to be back for his senior year.

Maybe not Kin either.

Kin's size gives me hope that we have another year, but that hope is dwindling a bit (and will hopefully be extinguished when he leads us to the S16).

I think size is the key, plenty of undersized guards have had great tourney runs and returned. Joel Berry led the Heels to the final four and then the title as a Soph and Junior, and then returned his Senior year and went undrafted. I may be wrong, but I don’t think Kin is yet on any draft boards (certainly nowhere near the ranking of Bey) so I am confident that even with our hopes for a special run this year, Kin is a 4 year Buff!

Back