What's new

2020 Buffs Football Hype Thread

BerkeleyBuff

Club Member
Club Member

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Sorry if this has already been noted, but in case anyone interested missed it wanted to mention the NBC SportsNet (NBCSN) channel is replaying back-to-back the Buffs' 1990 (boo) and 1991 (yeah!!!) Orange Bowl games against Notre Dame, with the 1990 game scheduled to start at 7:30 PM MT, and 1991's at 10:00 PM.

Also, per the below, Mark Johnson (I assume) will be hosting a pregame for the 1991 game starting at 9:00 PM MT on the Buff's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/cubuffsfootball/).

cubuffs.com article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2020/5/20/...pregame-watch-party-for-1991-orange-bowl.aspx

"
BOULDER--The Colorado Buffaloes will host a Virtual Pregame Watch Party Thursday night beginning at 9 p.m. MT for the 1991 Orange Bowl game when the Buffs defeated Notre Dame 10-9 and secured the 1990 National Championship.

The Pregame Watch Party will begin at 9 p.m. and streamed on the Colorado Football Facebook Page. Click that link to set a reminder for yourself on Facebook. The game will then begin at 10 p.m. MT and be televised by NBC Sports as part of its "From the Vault" series.

Eric Bieniemy, Chad Brown, Gary Howe, Charles Johnson and Jay Leeuwenberg will appear on the show as well as CU Athletic Director Rick George, who was the Assistant AD for Football Operations for those teams, and Gary Barnett, who was the quarterbacks coach and the offensive coordinator for the 1991 Orange Bowl.

Other guest appearances are expected throughout the hour.
"

TDforTD

Club Member
Club Member
I’ve been meaning to ask this: now that 0 is a legal number in college, who wears it first?

Seems like KD Nixon would be a great candidate. Alfano would look badass in 0.

Quarantini

Hasta la Viska
Club Member
I’ve been meaning to ask this: now that 0 is a legal number in college, who wears it first?

Seems like KD Nixon would be a great candidate. Alfano would look badass in 0.
Interesting didn’t know that. Some QB is gonna take that # and own it for eternity