What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• In addition to the game day thread we will also have live chat during the Buffs UCLA game. Consider it the 2020 version of a tailgate. This is normally a club member only feature but will be open to all registered users this weekend.

2020 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

hokiehead

Gobbler on the Mountain!
Club Member
I guess I’m just confused about what options they could possibly be weighing that are causing a delay in releasing the schedule.
given that the Pac 12 has been, by far, the most conservative P5 conference during Covid, I wouldn't be surprised if some schools are questioning whether it's too early to commit to a 2021 season

Jalapeno

Future EA Sports College Football addict.
Club Member
given that the Pac 12 has been, by far, the most conservative P5 conference during Covid, I wouldn't be surprised if some schools are questioning whether it's too early to commit to a 2021 season

Agree with what you are saying. By the time football season starts a good chunk of the country could have been vaccinated by that time. Honestly the Pac-12 should go with a full schedule regardless of what is going on right now. If not, they will continue to be viewed as a joke of a conference by the rest of the country east of the Rockies. Also that could affect the media rights discussions with networks.

ahoelsken

Agree with what you are saying. By the time football season starts a good chunk of the country could have been vaccinated by that time. Honestly the Pac-12 should go with a full schedule regardless of what is going on right now. If not, they will continue to be viewed as a joke of a conference by the rest of the country east of the Rockies. Also that could affect the media rights discussions with networks.

As we saw last year, this can easily be changed if something happens with COVID. For now, the wise thing to do is to plan for 12 games.

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
I agree that the PAC should plan for a full season at this point. The President is predicting that all adults should be able to get vaccinated by early summer so they even have a cushion to work with.

The balance to that is that most PAC decisions are driven by the California schools and California is currently struggling with Covid compared to much of the rest of the nation. It may be hard to see getting much cooperation from the state or local governments there until they see some real results in controlling the pandemic in the communities there.