What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

I have no idea. Honestly, if it was me, I would have done the exact same thing. This athletic department is bleeding and needs as much coin as possible.
1. Due to the 2020 cancellation, the only way aTm was going to keep the 2021 game was if it was moved to Mile High
2. Current season ticket package is now less expensive than it for sure otherwise would have been had it included aTm
3. Season ticket holders get first dibs on aTm game tickets
4. CUAD makes more money
5. Some season ticket holders complain just to complain and pile on RG for some reason that none of them can explain

1. Due to the 2020 cancellation, the only way aTm was going to keep the 2021 game was if it was moved to Mile High
2. Current season ticket package is now less expensive than it for sure otherwise would have been had it included aTm
3. Season ticket holders get first dibs on aTm game tickets
4. CUAD makes more money
5. Some season ticket holders complain just to complain and pile on RG for some reason that none of them can explain
I appreciate the homage. Getting on your knees to defend RG's contract negotiation skills is certainly a choice to make.

Also, you lied in #5. The explanations are in this thread. Snark is good, but please try to pretend to act in good faith. It takes away from the effectiveness of what you are doing. So please don't sully the method.

RG wanted more money. He got more money. The people who get the shaft are season ticket holders. Trying to act like season ticket holders don't have a reason to gripe is silly.

You can use whatever words you want in a contract but that contract was essentially voided when the game was cancelled this season. We are damn lucky to be getting an SEC, and what should be a pre season top 10 team to play a neutral site game 25 minutes from our campus where we control most of the tickets. There are examples of RG not doing well in contract negotiations but this is not one of those times.

I appreciate the homage. Getting on your knees to defend RG's contract negotiation skills is certainly a choice to make.

Also, you lied in #5. The explanations are in this thread. Snark is good, but please try to pretend to act in good faith. It takes away from the effectiveness of what you are doing. So please don't sully the method.

RG wanted more money. He got more money. The people who get the shaft are season ticket holders. Trying to act like season ticket holders don't have a reason to gripe is silly.
I'm not "on my knees" defending RG... I literally asked you what about the contract could/should have been done differently. You failed to respond with anything meaningful.

The explanations are not in this thread other than season ticket holders thinking aTm should be included in the season ticket package because it was once a home game. Ok, but it would have been more expensive had it been included, so instead of forcing you to buy it, they are now giving you the option along with first choice.

I don't see how your last point is relevant. Had they not agreed to move it to Mile High, aTm isn't coming here and there's no money anyways. Is that your preferred outcome? 2020 sucked. This is part of the fallout.

You still haven't provided a good reason for your gripe. I'll wait.

I don’t see what all the fuss is about
I don't either. At least it's being played locally. This game could have easily been played in Dallas or Houston.
If this game had been included in the season ticket package many here would be bitching that they were forced
to purchase tickets to a sterile NFL stadium that they would not want to go to.

I'm not "on my knees" defending RG... I literally asked you what about the contract could/should have been done differently. You failed to respond with anything meaningful.

The explanations are not in this thread other than season ticket holders thinking aTm should be included in the season ticket package because it was once a home game. Ok, but it would have been more expensive had it been included, so instead of forcing you to buy it, they are now giving you the option along with first choice.

I don't see how your last point is relevant. Had they not agreed to move it to Mile High, aTm isn't coming here and there's no money anyways. Is that your preferred outcome? 2020 sucked. This is part of the fallout.

You still haven't provided a good reason for your gripe. I'll wait.
I already pointed out the reasons. If you just ignore everything that doesn't agree with your point, you are going to continue to say stupid or false things. And yes, season ticket holders would much rather have a more expensive ticket package that includes a home game than being forced to buy extra tickets for another game. And if you think the season ticket package is going to be discounted due to this change, you are living in fantasy land. Nor is it a certainty the ticket prices would have increased solely due to this game. Stop making assumptions based on nothing but your end goal.

It is ok to state the obvious here. I have done so. I'm fine with that. You seem to think season ticket holders should be fine with this. That's a take, and from what I can see it's a bad one. You've resorted to bad faith misconstruing of what others have said. Enjoy.

It's just not great from a season ticket holder's perspective. It's not too much of one thing or another.

Last edited:
The local Boulder businesses could use the $$$ from an extra home game after a ****ing pandemic. That's one of the main issues I have moving it to Denver.

Please God let covid be under control by the fall.
A&M lost a home game in this series. No way they would have come to Folsom. I'm surprised they didn't ask to have it played in Dallas or Houston.

A&M lost a home game in this series. No way they would have come to Folsom. I'm surprised they didn't ask to have it played in Dallas or Houston.

Again, I get why the move was made now. But it sure seemed like the move was going to made pre-COVID as well. It is a fair question as to why the potential move was written into the original contract.

Again, I get why the move was made now. But it sure seemed like the move was going to made pre-COVID as well. It is a fair question as to why the potential move was written into the original contract.
It’s pretty simple, a cash poor program had a clause that would allow them to make more money on the game. If A&M stayed on the trajectory they were on when the contract was signed it would have been played in Boulder but if they are a top 10 team the AD could make more money.

It’s pretty simple, a cash poor program had a clause that would allow them to make more money on the game. If A&M stayed on the trajectory they were on when the contract was signed it would have been played in Boulder but if they are a top 10 team the AD could make more money.
RICK GEORGE! Damn him for making more money!

@Darth Snow you good with Duff making this assumption or do you only have problems with assumptions that disagree with your argument?

I understand the why. It's just a ****ty situation.

There are a lot of out of state alumni/fans that will skip this game in favor of one at Folsom.

Playing a road and neutral-ish series against any program is really not smart. It devalues the brand and it unnecessarily pisses off your season ticket holders.

Yea this sucks but wasn't it more or less a given in order to keep the game with A&M since they lost their home game in the series? Otherwise wouldn't A&M have been able to get out of this game if they wanted to?

Sure-but they have to play one Power 5 game year due to SEC rules.......if they could get out of this and play some Big 12 team in Dallas or Houston, I'm sure they would-but what if you can't make that happen? Best play here is to hold this game in Denver and then either don't make the game in CS up (that's what fbschedules.com says will happen) or do it in the 2030s.

The game literally would not be taking place if it was not moved to Mile High. Howell confirmed this.

While it sucks for season ticket holders, at least its taking place. I'm also sure RG didn't fight this much, but A&M held all the cards here.

I don't get the controversy here-I thought the Aggie game was gonna get moved to Empower Field last summer. Does it suck? Yes-I'd rather play them in Folsom. Is it a disaster for us? No. Play the game in Denver on the off chance you can't make up the College Station game until 2030 or later.

Playing a road and neutral-ish series against any program is really not smart. It devalues the brand and it unnecessarily pisses off your season ticket holders.
I don’t really think playing a game 25 minutes from campus is a neutral-ish game though when we would still control all of the tickets. People act like A&M fans wouldn’t have bought a bunch of the tickets if it was at Folsom too. Maybe season ticket holders shouldn’t have sold all of their tickets to Nebraska fans in 2019 if they didn’t want this to happen. They are just as much to blame. The AD wasn’t just going to let that **** show happen again where they sold cheap season tickets to our “fanbase” and everyone else profited from it but them.

I don't get the controversy here-I thought the Aggie game was gonna get moved to Empower Field last summer. Does it suck? Yes-I'd rather play them in Folsom. Is it a disaster for us? No. Play the game in Denver on the off chance you can't make up the College Station game until 2030 or later.
It's not a controversy. It just sucks.

I don’t really think playing a game 25 minutes from campus is a neutral-ish game though when we would still control all of the tickets. People act like A&M fans wouldn’t have bought a bunch of the tickets if it was at Folsom too. Maybe season ticket holders shouldn’t have sold all of their tickets to ****braska fans in 2019 if they didn’t want this to happen. They are just as much to blame. The AD wasn’t just going to let that **** show happen again where they sold cheap season tickets to our “fanbase” and everyone else profited from it but them.

Point well taken. But home and homes need to be the norm going forward.

I don’t really think playing a game 25 minutes from campus is a neutral-ish game though when we would still control all of the tickets. People act like A&M fans wouldn’t have bought a bunch of the tickets if it was at Folsom too. Maybe season ticket holders shouldn’t have sold all of their tickets to ****braska fans in 2019 if they didn’t want this to happen. They are just as much to blame. The AD wasn’t just going to let that **** show happen again where they sold cheap season tickets to our “fanbase” and everyone else profited from it but them.
Yeah, season ticket holders sticking up their nose about this game is pretty hilarious after selling off their tickets in droves to one of the best games this program has had in 10 plus years.

I'm struggling for how season ticket holders got the shaft. After years of complaints on this board about having CSU games in Denver as part of the season ticket package, how am I supposed to believe that now it's wrong not to have a Denver game as part of the package?

If your complaint is simply that the game isn't in Folsom, RG has been perfectly clear that season ticket holders can expect 6 home games per season. That's what you're getting plus the opportunity at first crack at tickets vs. an SEC opponent within an hour's drive.

❄️

Last edited:
Back