What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Come out and say they're working with the government in CA and Oregon about getting an exception to return to play and the target date for doing so. Like @Duff Man said they should've been ready for this announcement by the B1G. Today's news didn't suddenly drop like a bombshell out of nowhere, it's been rumored for a couple weeks now and it's only been a matter of their start date since Saturday.
Who says they are not working with government on a variance?

That statement was prepared well before Big Ten announcement. That was not a bombshell.

I personally don't think that is the issue. I think the issue, and I could be wrong with what everyone else is interpreting, but it seems to be the length of quarantine is probably what everyone would hide. I don't think any School wouldn't quarantine, say a Justin Fields. They don't want the rest of the team to get sick or exposed. I just think the amount of days is probably what everyone will fudge. That many days at this point is almost half the season and when you are talking about an important player, I have no doubt that a program like OSU would most certainly hide that.
Won’t the infection Disease doctor appointed by each team control that?

I personally don't think that is the issue. I think the issue, and I could be wrong with what everyone else is interpreting, but it seems to be the length of quarantine is probably what everyone would hide. I don't think any School wouldn't quarantine, say a Justin Fields. They don't want the rest of the team to get sick or exposed. I just think the amount of days is probably what everyone will fudge. That many days at this point is almost half the season and when you are talking about an important player, I have no doubt that a program like OSU would most certainly hide that.
Yeah and what I’m saying is have fun trying to hide that information.

Okay for you too-Cold/Flu season runs from October-March, but it peaks December-February. Given at least some strains of the cold spawn from coronaviruses.........shouldn't we as Americans prepare to see an increase in COVID activity during cold/flu season? Wouldn't that mean probably more COVID cancellations in Jan and Feb than even RN?

Doesn't spring begin in March?

CA NFL teams received an exemption from the state because of their daily testing capabilities and 1 hour antigen results. In theory, the Pac 12 also has daily testing capabilities and 15 minute antigen results. How is this not a done deal with an announcement of a schedule to return to play?

You might want to ask Governor Newsom that question too.

Maybe I should have better said access control and protocols.
I still don't understand. NFL players are still coming and going from the facilities and living their lives like normal; perhaps with a little more caution. The CA state exemption was strictly due to the rapid testing abilities that colleges did not have access to at the time. Pac 12 testing capabilities are now better, faster and more efficient than what the NFL has. Larry Scott should have been working with the state for the last month obtaining the same exemption as soon as testing capabilities for the programs were in place and an announcement should have been made for at least a framework for a return to play schedule.

Money talks.
1K dead people from COVID-19 today won’t talk anymore.

Not that you would ever be able to admit it, but you have been embarrassingly wrong on COVID and college football.

Every P5 Conference has carefully assessed the health risks and is moving forward. The PAC 12 has been been predictably left in the dust, due to the progressive thinking to avoid to COVID at all costs.

Just another example of progressive leaders which make fear-based decisions that are disconnected from the best outcome for the most people.

Not that you would ever be able to admit it, but you have been embarrassingly wrong on COVID and college football.

Every P5 Conference has carefully assessed the health risks and is moving forward. The PAC 12 has been been predictably left in the dust, due to the progressive thinking to avoid to COVID at all costs.

Just another example of progressive leaders which make fear-based decisions that are disconnected from the best outcome for the most people.

:ROFLMAO:

I bitch-slapped you before and don’t feel compelled to do it again since you’ve gone noticeably silent whenever we have to discuss how COVID-19 has gone in this country.

You want to continue your regressive mentality? Go right ahead.

So far, you haven’t come up with any reasons why amateurs should spread COVID-19 other than your uninformed notions about fear and progressive leadership. You’ve been mute about how this disease has devastated our country and continues to do so. Your attitude is fck it, who cares about the plague?

That other people actually care about people dying en masse in this country being progressive is all one needs to know about this matter.

I still don't understand. NFL players are still coming and going from the facilities and living their lives like normal; perhaps with a little more caution. The CA state exemption was strictly due to the rapid testing abilities that colleges did not have access to at the time. Pac 12 testing capabilities are now better, faster and more efficient than what the NFL has. Larry Scott should have been working with the state for the last month obtaining the same exemption as soon as testing capabilities for the programs were in place and an announcement should have been made for at least a framework for a return to play schedule.
Who says he hasn’t?

I can’t find variance. You have it.

Yea, great. Put us on par with the MWC and make ourselves even more irrelevant. No, no, and plenty of no.

We get no benefit from beating MWC schools, we lose credibility each time we lose to one.

This is something that would not draw more TV eyes to the conference, likely a lot less.

If we end up playing we play a PAC schedule with PAC schools an crown a PAC champion. No more, no less.

What I'm saying is not permanent.

Those TV revenues could be fair game though but I don't think ESPN & Fox are obliged to pay for tier 1 & 2 money as long as games aren't being played. PAC schools still will play some PAC schools which could still fulfill the media rights contracts. If each PAC team was to get half of their allotted money from the media partners, it's better than getting none with the schools still being on the hook for those administrative costs. What I am saying is meant to reduce the potential reckoning those schools will have with their state legislatures about why they should stay in the PAC or why some coaches get a lot of money. Also reduce the interruptions to athletic schedules when it comes to one state such as CA having an impact on nine other states (if you include the FCS Big Sky Conference in this case).

Several untruths in this.

Who says he hasn’t?

I can’t find variance. You have it.
It's been weeks since the testing partnership was announced and they've already been utilizing it. Why isn't there a plan formulated and articulated to ADs, coaches and players? His statement today suggests nothing new, even though testing requirements are/were the sole issue.

What variance are you looking for? I don't understand what you're saying.

I bitch-slapped you before and don’t feel compelled to do it again since you’ve gone noticeably silent whenever we have to discuss how COVID-19 has gone in this country.

So far, you haven’t come up with any reasons why amateurs should spread COVID-19 other than your uninformed notions about fear and progressive leadership. You’ve been mute about how this disease has devastated our country and continues to do so. Your attitude is fck it, who cares about the plague?

That other people actually care about people dying en masse in this country being progressive is all one needs to know about this matter.

Your ass is being owned on this issue - just admit it. Not by me, but by the collective desire of most AD's/President's in P5 college sports to safely move forward, which is happening whether you like it or not.

Fortunately not everyone is stuck back in March in a fetal position and unable to see any progress - I doubt you want to see progress. Wonder why?

I read that California just had its record-low positive testing rate yesterday, but let's stay shutdown and pretend the secondary effects won't be far worse than what is trying to avoided.

I can't wait to watch some quality college football over the next few months, while you hyperventilate in fear about impact of the horrors of COVID on 18-22 year-olds.

The only thing devastating about COVID is governmental response to COVID. The disease is so deadly that the vast majority of non-elderly people need to get tested in order to even know that they had it. You keep on being you--keep on rooting for COVID.

Your ass is being owned on this issue - just admit it. Not by me, but by the collective desire of most AD's/President's in P5 college sports to safely move forward, which is happening whether you like it or not.

Fortunately not everyone is stuck back in March in a fetal position and unable to see any progress - I doubt you want to see progress. Wonder why?

I read that California just had its record-low positive testing rate yesterday, but let's stay shutdown and pretend the secondary effects won't be far worse than what is trying to avoided.

I can't wait to watch some quality college football over the next few months, while you hyperventilate in fear about impact of the horrors of COVID on 18-22 year-olds.
On September 16th, a little over 1K people died from COVID-19. As of September 16th, more than 200K Americans have died from COVID-19.

Your regressive myopia would be hilarious if it weren’t so dangerous. Since when do amateur athletes exclusively interact with other 18-22 year olds? I guess we should pack the crowds too since we don’t want to live in fear? I mean, after superspreader events held by your regressive brethren that sicken and kill others, why shouldn’t we jump right in and take off the masks too?

I’ll reiterate: testing, stay at home, distancing, and masking is what’s created progress. Taking your regressive approach will unwind those tenuous victories. You don’t have to take my word for it. Just look at the spots where cases/deaths have exploded by following your regressive method.

The only thing devastating about COVID is governmental response to COVID. The disease is so deadly that the vast majority of non-elderly people need to get tested in order to even know that they had it. You keep on being you--keep on rooting for COVID.
You have a reading comprehension problem if you think I’m rooting for people to get sick and die. I’ve demanded better governmental action since the beginning. Public Universities making things worse with a dreadful response by letting teams play in spite of major outbreaks can be added to the horrific response you describe.

It's been weeks since the testing partnership was announced and they've already been utilizing it. Why isn't there a plan formulated and articulated to ADs, coaches and players? His statement today suggests nothing new, even though testing requirements are/were the sole issue.

What variance are you looking for? I don't understand what you're saying.
Machines have been delivered and validated? That’s not my understanding.

Variance = NFL exemption to play and practice in CA.

:ROFLMAO: We're getting owned by ADs and Presidents from the likes of Baylor, Kansas State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Michigan State? Seems like we're gold.

Call me when the Harvard/Yale game is scheduled.

Back