What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Not that you would ever be able to admit it, but you have been embarrassingly wrong on COVID and college football.

Every P5 Conference has carefully assessed the health risks and is moving forward. The PAC 12 has been been predictably left in the dust, due to the progressive thinking to avoid to COVID at all costs.

Just another example of progressive leaders which make fear-based decisions that are disconnected from the best outcome for the most people.

The only take in this post that is close to correct is the one on the Pac 12-and I'd amend it slightly. The Pac 12 just got backed into a corner with the B1G's return. They now have to do something-even if that means having Stanford, Cal, USC, and UCLA play out of state.

Machines have been delivered and validated? That’s not my understanding.

Variance = NFL exemption to play and practice in CA.
Arizona has been using the Quidel machine for months and has administered 25k tests already. This isn't some prototype that takes weeks to ensure accuracy. They work, they are portable, they are faster, more accurate, more efficient, and cheaper than the NFL PCR tests.

The tests were 96 percent to 98 percent accurate in sensitivity (finding the antigens) and 100 percent accurate in specificity (finding the right antigens).

On both counts, Harris said, the numbers matched the results from PCR testing.

“We decided we didn’t need anything else,’’ he said. “This was the test to use to get rapid feedback.”

To date, Harris and his team have run 25,000 antigen tests using the Quidel product.

Arizona has been using the Quidel machine for months and has administered 25k tests already. This isn't some prototype that takes weeks to ensure accuracy. They work, they are portable, they are faster, more accurate, more efficient, and cheaper than the NFL PCR tests.

Pac 12 AD’s don’t get them for a couple weeks though.

I'm just glad smart schools like Michigan, Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, and Virginia agree with us that playing football is too dangerous.

I'm just glad smart schools like Michigan, Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, and Virginia agree with us that playing football is too dangerous.

Duke couldn't pass up a paycheck from Norte Dame to pay the salary of their basketball coaches.

Co

Correct. But they still need to be delivered, trained, validated with manufacturer’s specs according to P12 protocol.

There can still be a plan formulated and communicated. This isn’t a wait and see situation
They communicated this when they announced the testing deal. They then said there were still local governments prohibiting 6 teams from practicing. Do you just want them to put out a daily status report that says the same thing?

They communicated this when they announced the testing deal. They then said there were still local governments prohibiting 6 teams from practicing. Do you just want them to put out a daily status report that says the same thing?
I'm talking about putting out some kind update that says as soon as daily testing capabilities for all athletes are being administered, practices can resume and here is a tentative schedule for season kickoff.

Or maybe they care more about money than danger...
Every damn college out there cares more about money than danger. Otherwise everything would be online and we wouldn't have students on campus. But they have to get those dorms filled to the brim and get those classrooms full.

If they can get this done safely, then I'm for it. But the ripping of the Pac12 is just silly, and most of you are using it in a not so subtle manner to take political shots at various states and to advance you agenda.

This is a global pandemic for a highly contagious and deadly virus. Those are the facts. The Pac-12 made a decision - the correct decision imo - based on the data available at the time. You might think that the SEC and ACC has it figured out with their rampant infection numbers, but those infection numbers are contributing to the pandemic, and they have and will contribute to deaths. Every 2 months we get the 'see it isn't a big deal' crowd crawling out from their holes to crow about the fact that the numbers are low again, yet they ignore that 200k people have died and the numbers are low again because of measures taken by public health officials. To maintain and continue those low numbers, you have to continue to adhere to those protocols. Things didn't magically get better because you wished it to be so.

Now, if the data is showing the Big10 that they can do proper testing and play sports in a safe manner, then go for it. But blaming any state or school for not participating in amateur athletics is just stupid.

Do some of you think there is a possible path forward this fall/winter, or is shutting completely down the only possible outcome to move forward?

Rapid testing seems to be a game changer to me and that seems to be what state and local health agencies are wanting (at least in California). Along with correct protocols from state and local health departments, I like to believe there is a path forward.

It’s pretty obvious that most of the P5 is unconcerned about the virus at this point. The question now is whether the PAC 12 will follow suit.

I'm talking about putting out some kind update that says as soon as daily testing capabilities for all athletes are being administered, practices can resume and here is a tentative schedule for season kickoff.
They have done that though. They said the tests will be available later this month and they are waiting for clearance from health officials in two states to remind practice. I don’t know how it can be more clear than that.

Do some of you think there is a possible path forward this fall/winter, or is shutting completely down the only possible outcome to move forward?

Rapid testing seems to be a game changer to me and that seems to be what state and local health agencies are wanting (at least in California). Along with correct protocols from state and local health departments, I like to believe there is a path forward.
I posted a six game path yesterday starting 11/14. It’s doable IMO.

Do you guys see the air in Washington, Oregon and California ? Even if they could play right now the games would have been cancelled.

I'm fine with a November start. Lets see how it plays out with the other conferences.

:LOL: Nice try, clownface. Couldn't even respond directly to my post owing your moronic arguments. The difference between Ivy League universities and those found in the ACC, SEC, Big 12, and Big 10 is that the AD is subordinate to the academic administration in the Ivy League, but the situation is reversed (or at least at equipoise) in the others.

If that's too many words for you to understand, just think of this: those genius with N for knowledge on their helmets were hell-bent on playing no matter what. That makes you just like them. So, are you a husker?

If they can get this done safely, then I'm for it. But the ripping of the Pac12 is just silly, and most of you are using it in a not so subtle manner to take political shots at various states and to advance you agenda.

This is a global pandemic for a highly contagious and deadly virus. Those are the facts. The Pac-12 made a decision - the correct decision imo - based on the data available at the time. You might think that the SEC and ACC has it figured out with their rampant infection numbers, but those infection numbers are contributing to the pandemic, and they have and will contribute to deaths. Every 2 months we get the 'see it isn't a big deal' crowd crawling out from their holes to crow about the fact that the numbers are low again, yet they ignore that 200k people have died and the numbers are low again because of measures taken by public health officials. To maintain and continue those low numbers, you have to continue to adhere to those protocols. Things didn't magically get better because you wished it to be so.

Now, if the data is showing the Big10 that they can do proper testing and play sports in a safe manner, then go for it. But blaming any state or school for not participating in amateur athletics is just stupid.

The Pac 12 also made that decision because they planned a schedule that was too ambitious for the situation in this part of the country between the virus and the wildfires.

Duke couldn't pass up a paycheck from Norte Dame to pay the salary of their basketball coaches.

There was no windfall of money from ND with this partnership, plus television revenues will be down due to less games. Not to mention that revenue from this football season will likely go toward additional costs surrounding Covid and to help cover lost revenue across an AD as a whole.

With the B1G's decision, I see the PAC either moving forward in late October/November with 5 games, or no football until next fall. Who is really left to place the Spring season anyways?

I appreciate Klatt reporting what he is hearing.... But the dude is also a hardcore conservative. There may be some confirmation bias baked into his rumors.

When you have the University President at a major football school talking in open and skeptical terms, then that should raise alarm bells.
Someone better warn the Clay Travis MAGA army!

Back