What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Yeah bowl games? 3-3 record gets you in? Lol

I’d much rather just see Pac vs BIG matchups, but sounds like that’s not really on the table

With no OOC it's really going to be more like 2-4 gets you in... Agreed 100% on Pac - B1G matchups. I get they are going to have their own conference matchups conference championship week but why not play the next week or after a bye Pac vs B1G for all teams that didn't qualify for a NY6 bowl. People have been more creative this year but I think they need to learn into it further.

Even if they are played, the majority of bowl game revenue comes from ticket sales and if there are no fans who gives a ****?

Would be great to see a bunch of athletic departments facing large shortfalls justifying big expenses to travel to no name bowls.

Bowls, I guess.

If we didn't play at all, at least we could say that we stuck by our principles. Playing 6 games says we're a follower conference that can't get our **** together.

Can you honestly say you're shocked by this, though?

One more thing-Had Newsom and Brown not have been as restrictive with re-opening as they've been, the Pac 12 and MWC are both playing football right now in all likelihood.

Realign the divisions for this year or play in pods for 5 games so the conversation of advantages doesn't come up:

Division/Pod A (Teams from states with more lenient COVID re-opening guidelines): Washington, Washington State, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Arizona State
Division/Pod B (Teams in states with stricter COVID re-opening guidelines): USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Oregon, Oregon State

Everybody opens with their rival/arranged marriage (in the case of the "Rumble in the Rockies"-since this has sort of towed the line between a will we play and a dumb **** Larry Scott has done as commish thread)-Thus, the only game where COVID restrictions MIGHT be an issue would be CU-Utah (but I don't know anything about what's legal and what isn't in Utah or SL County RN).

Last edited:

So true. Who would have thought pac 12 after dark was so important lol I’m bored as hell

I'm watching the replay show as I missed most games today and not sure the last time I've done that because I am always watching games at this time.

I'm watching the replay show as I missed most games today and not sure the last time I've done that because I am always watching games at this time.
I missed them all. I guess for me college football doesn’t start until the SEC and pac 12 start playing lol what a combo

And after pac 12 is over usually Hawaii is still playing. Turned to pac 12 channel and a gymnastics replay is being shown. No need to have some kind of show discussing a return to football and maybe getting some info on that. Yea partnering with ESPN or FOX would have just sucked so bad.

Like I said. Sorry for those schools that didn’t have the ability to go forward but you have to be pliable in this situation.
From discussion a few days ago it doesn't sound there's anything to be sorry for -- they misread the guidelines, that's 100% on them.

From discussion a few days ago it doesn't sound there's anything to be sorry for -- they misread the guidelines, that's 100% on them.
This makes zero sense, because school and conference officials should be calling the governor's office looking for exceptions, timing, etc. and at least get clarification.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I know this neighborhood, they call the police if someone farts downwind from them, and it usually makes the paper.
Have you got arrested for that before? Interesting charge. What would they say? Sir, did you fart in public? Jesus Christ, I think we have bigger problems right now than a farter.

Back