What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Friendly reminder that there are 3 CA teams in this conference, including 1 in the Bay Area. 10/24 is their target date for 8 games.

Meanwhile, at Pac 12 HQ...

giphy.gif

But they play little boy football.

Here's the concession I'd want as a fan of a program who is ready to play 10/31 (basing this on what I read): If we draw Cal or Stanford in late November or early December and they have COVID positives during game week, that would need to be a forfeit.

Here's the concession I'd want as a fan of a program who is ready to play 10/31 (basing this on what I read): If we draw Cal or Stanford in late November or early December and they have COVID positives during game week, that would need to be a forfeit.

:ROFLMAO: You bet. That 3-3 is gonna look so much better than 2-4.

:ROFLMAO: You bet. That 3-3 is gonna look so much better than 2-4.

I don't honestly think we'll see either one-but putting that idea out there. I think since the Washington teams are ready (from what I read) I kind of wonder if we'll play them, Utah, the Arizona schools, and 1-2 of the other six.

Won’t those playing on 10/31 be OOC games? Or do you expect them to play one more conference game than those starting on 11/7?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the rapid testing advantage, unless the Pac 12 also supplies the OOC teams with the same testing capabilities.

True, then they could get caught in a situation where there's no positive tests but teams are having to suspend workouts and cancel games due to contact tracing instead of actual cases.

I guess they could play conference games and then have a bye later in the schedule in the event of cancellations

Who are they going to play OOC? The only other conference we know of that could possibly start then as well is the MWC.

Won’t those playing on 10/31 be OOC games? Or do you expect them to play one more conference game than those starting on 11/7?

Any OOC game depends on what the MWC allows their teams to do when they come out with something. If they go conference only, we probably have to as well. Given AFA is still heading to Army on November 7 (if I remember correctly), I would think they'd allow one game per school.

If conference only-no. I would expect the teams who started Halloween to get an off week in November or December to compensate for that.

Back