What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

I don't think bowl games are really any sort of consideration right now. I would think pushing into January pushes spring practices back, which is not ideal if you can help it. CU of all teams really needs a true late winter/spring of workouts and practices more than one or two additional 2020 games.

I sort of agree... if the PAC-12 were to take the bowls out of consideration, they should perhaps add a 3 game round-robin to just extend the season so the team can play and practice just to get better for next year.

I don't think bowl games are really any sort of consideration right now. I would think pushing into January pushes spring practices back, which is not ideal if you can help it. CU of all teams really needs a true late winter/spring of workouts and practices more than one or two additional 2020 games.
Really? I think more games are important than a lifting/schedule that is pushed back a little bit.

At what point does RG decide there are too many obstacles at CU and bolt for greener pastures?

Limiting staff budgets dictated by state regulations, academic restrictions, due to low tv network revenue - the AD and coach have to go beyond most university timeframes to fundraise (which impacts the HC's time focusing on football), fines for team hikes, city bans on university activities.

Where is the program if he were to go?
Intramurals?

Vital for development? I think they are absolutely vital for the financial health of the AD

How do games played without fans and potentially including a road game or two with travel help the financial health of the AD? TV money helps some, but I doubt it is much of a windfall.

How do games played without fans and potentially including a road game or two with travel help the financial health of the AD? TV money helps some, but I doubt it is much of a windfall.
Getting the most out of your tv contracts absolutely helps, especially for pac 12 programs that don’t have nearly the ticket sales that the sec/big ten does. If you can get to 10 pac 12 games that is essentially the same amount of games the conference controls in a given season

Getting the most out of your tv contracts absolutely helps, especially for pac 12 programs that don’t have nearly the ticket sales that the sec/big ten does. If you can get to 10 pac 12 games that is essentially the same amount of games the conference controls in a given season

I guess.

ESPN Link

SIAP but this is why CU and PAC care if season lines up with CFP. It's all about money even if they don't get anyone in.

Even if the Pac-12 doesn't have a team worthy for inclusion in the four-team field, the eligibility component is important so it can be in position to collect the sizable payout. Last season, there was a $66 million base payout to each of the Power 5 conferences.

I think Duff Man is trying to say getting our ass kicked on TV is not likely to help us recruiting whether it happens tomorrow or in 2 months. I see the logic.

Do you understand that they're finding non-fatal damage occurring to Covid positive patients? Do you also understand what 'community spread' means?
I can answer for him.

"No I don't understand, if it's not fatal there are no repercussions. FACT"

I think Duff Man is trying to say getting our ass kicked on TV is not likely to help us recruiting whether it happens tomorrow or in 2 months. I see the logic.

The recruiting exposure is playing while everyone else is, which obviously most important here.

Are we going to see some sort of midnight bus leaving the champions center relocating to some undisclosed hotel near some undisclosed training facility?

Let's see what the schedule looks like first. We've had a chance to do a lot more work the last few months than the California and Oregon schools have. Could we beat Oregon or USC right now? No way. Could we beat UCLA or Oregon State? That's possible.

I sort of agree... if the PAC-12 were to take the bowls out of consideration, they should perhaps add a 3 game round-robin to just extend the season so the team can play and practice just to get better for next year.

The NCAA might do that for us. Let's see what they say on bowl games.

First game November 6th. 7 game schedule. So last game would be December 16th. Get your cold weather gear.

Last edited:
This is as good as we probably could have expected. I’d have preferred they play a week or two earlier, but it is what it is.

Back