What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Wait. UW and Pedo make $100 million on tix sales and concessions?

giphy.gif

50 mil from TV/bowls/tier 3 advertising and 50 mil from tickets/seat donations/lux boxes sounds somewhat reasonable. At least for pedo.

This site puts PSU at $100 mill, wisky at 90 million, and Texas leads with $156 million.

A perspective;

The coronavirus crisis is an incredible diagnostic tool. The excesses have never been so sharply delineated: The $50 million stadium upgrades, the indoor waterfalls, the ballooning salaries, the locker rooms designed like first-class luxury airliner cabins now look like protruding, tumorous distortions, worthy of recoil and disgust. Institutions have laid themselves bare, with their desperate insistence on trying to make unpaid kids play football in a viral outbreak simply to meet their overextended bills.
“Schools have spent money recklessly for years,” says attorney Tim Nevius, a former NCAA investigator who is now an advocate for athletes. “Now they’re in a position where if the season doesn’t go forward, they’re on the hook for millions. … There has just been an extraordinary amount of spending on things that have very little resemblance to a university’s mission to educate and develop people.”

It'll be interesting to see what changes between now and the presumed start date in the spring and how this affects the 2021 season as I doubt they can ask amateurs to play 2 full seasons in the space of ten months.

To be extra special, super-duper, hyper-safe, I predict spring football is cancelled based on another fear-based decision. In fact, I say the odds of a college football season in the fall of 2021 is not more than 50/50.

The one hope is this all magically goes away after the election.

To be extra special, super-duper, hyper-safe, I predict spring football is cancelled based on another fear-based decision. In fact, I say the odds of a college football season in the fall of 2021 is not more than 50/50.
The data outweigh the fear in this decision. Money is the only thing standing in the way of a prudent P5 decision. But that decision is looming.

The one hope is this all magically goes away after the election.

So you are back to not caring about Covid?

Ummmmmmm.........I think the MAC's decision had a lot more to do with the two things:

1) No Guarantee Games-Frankly, I'm surprised leagues like the Sun Belt and C-USA haven't followed suit here.
2) No Fans

No way anybody in that league doesn't lose money if they play in the fall. Could the Power 5 still play? I suppose. That being said, one says we're playing in Spring 2021 and the rest are going to follow. I still believe we're getting football at some point during the 2020-21 calendar year, but that could just be my naivete.

CTE represents a much higher risk for CFB players than COVID. If they are not willing to accept the minimal additional risk playing this year you probably should just quit playing altogether...
1596921112165.png

CTE represents a much higher risk for CFB players than COVID. If they are not willing to accept the minimal additional risk playing this year you probably should just quit playing altogether...
View attachment 38609

Says anonymous internet guy who doesn’t walk in their shoes. You have no clue what risks they are concerned about. Remember the virus spreads to others.

Old people need to be protected. The rest of us need to get on with it. CFB players can mask up and socially distance from grandma. Hiding until there is a vaccine is not a good plan. Flattening the curve was smart, but the area under the curve was always going to be the same. People suck at math and need some perspective.

Back