What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

these schools haven’t even been on the field to practice yet and they are trying to move up a game a week earlier

Air Force's sport marketing program is not backing down at all. for the last three weeks I've been getting emails every few days reminding me to buy tickets and advertising special deals.

So if the P-12 and B1G play a shorter season than the SEC, ACC, and B12 it will be interesting to see how the AP and Coaches poll decide team rankings, what schools go to bowl games, and what schools qualify for the playoffs.

Air Force's sport marketing program is not backing down at all. for the last three weeks I've been getting emails every few days reminding me to buy tickets and advertising special deals.
ASU's did that to me a few years ago. I was late requesting tickets from CU's office for an away game in Tempe, and ended up buying from ASU (but in the "visitor's" section) - I unfortunately did this twice...

They were not giving up with emails, calls, etc - I finally answered one day instead of sending it to voicemail. Ended up with a nice kid on the phone (I'm sure some undergrad). "Hi, why don't you look at my ticket purchasing history, and billing/shipping address - you can see that right?"

"Okay, first you'll see that my address and phone number are both in Maryland, and when you look at the ticket history, you'll notice I've bought tickets to two games. They were both against Colorado and both times the tickets were in the visitor's section. I think you're smart enough to figure this out."

Kind of surprisingly, he was in fact smart enough to figure it out. I never got another phone call or even email from them again.

ASU's did that to me a few years ago. I was late requesting tickets from CU's office for an away game in Tempe, and ended up buying from ASU (but in the "visitor's" section) - I unfortunately did this twice...

They were not giving up with emails, calls, etc - I finally answered one day instead of sending it to voicemail. Ended up with a nice kid on the phone (I'm sure some undergrad). "Hi, why don't you look at my ticket purchasing history, and billing/shipping address - you can see that right?"

"Okay, first you'll see that my address and phone number are both in Maryland, and when you look at the ticket history, you'll notice I've bought tickets to two games. They were both against Colorado and both times the tickets were in the visitor's section. I think you're smart enough to figure this out."

Kind of surprisingly, he was in fact smart enough to figure it out. I never got another phone call or even email from them again.
I had a similar experience when looking at MBA programs about 10 years ago when living in Raleigh.

I had visited the websites for all the local universities and a few others. UNC-Chapel Hill had me fill out a brief form to get more information. I figured they'd email me a PDF or something.

nope, I get a phone call 15 minutes later. some college student.

after a brief chat, I tell him "look, your professional MBA program is 2.5 times what NC State charges -- if I'm going to have any chance of my employer paying for this, I need to justify that. My boss is a State graduate -- what do I tell him is the reason I should get an MBA from UNC at this cost"

he had nothing.

So if the P-12 and B1G play a shorter season than the SEC, ACC, and B12 it will be interesting to see how the AP and Coaches poll decide team rankings, what schools go to bowl games, and what schools qualify for the playoffs.
Bowls? I think they get cut back drastically.

My niece is the President of her sorority at UGA & has been in meetings with many higher ups all summer about sorority rush and school prep. Last night, she was told that most likely, UGA will be going remote and that they need to prepare. Just fodder for the SEC conversation but it is definitely a switch from what they have been told so far.
Sororities and fraternities are going to return this weekend so we will see how long it takes for a massive outbreak in Athens.

Probably won’t matter much. First I doubt they extra games will be played, more likely games will be cancelled. And second what does playing extra G5/FCS teams do for your resume?

My niece is the President of her sorority at UGA & has been in meetings with many higher ups all summer about sorority rush and school prep. Last night, she was told that most likely, UGA will be going remote and that they need to prepare. Just fodder for the SEC conversation but it is definitely a switch from what they have been told so far.
Sororities and fraternities are going to return this weekend so we will see how long it takes for a massive outbreak in Athens.
Why did P5 plead with NCAA Board of Govs not to make a decision on fall championships last Friday and now are largely waiting on Board’s decision next week?

ACC Prez’s expected to punt today.
1. start week 0, delay CCG, stretch season over 16 weeks
2. delay start
3. Conf games only
4. Division games first
5 Start in Oct
6 Delay until spring

This can is gonna get kicked down the road several more times by at least 3 of the conferences.

Why did P5 plead with NCAA Board of Govs not to make a decision on fall championships last Friday and now are largely waiting on Board’s decision next week?

ACC Prez’s expected to punt today.
1. start week 0, delay CCG, stretch season over 16 weeks
2. delay start
3. Conf games only
4. Division games first
5 Start in Oct
6 Delay until spring

This can is gonna get kicked down the road several more times by at least 3 of the conferences.
I'd be surprised if the SEC and BIG 12 make a decision any time soon.

I'd be surprised if the SEC and BIG 12 make a decision any time soon.
Seems like the big 12 is pretty set on trying for zero week. I think it is crazy to try to set this up without getting players out for practice and students back on campus but what the hell do I know. Luckily for the pac and big 10 it looks like they might get to sit back and watch how it goes for a couple weeks before making the final call.

Bowl games? Playoffs? I don't think either of those things happen this season, and they frankly don't need to.

The PAC is not looking too good, but Texas, Georgia and Florida are turrible.

EeHc1lbXsAEZoGp

Now that the ACC has decided on a 11 game schedule, does this force the hand of the B12 & SEC?
I think you will see the sec say **** off to the acc’s little power play and go with the 10 game conference schedule soon. The big 12 is just a bunch of ****ing morons so who knows with them.

if not too much effort, can we get this title changed back to a general "Covid impact on CFB" or whatever it was originally?

ACC fans seem overwhelmingly in favor of this 10 game conference schedule with posts on nearly every team's message boards calling to make it permanent.

Queue the fan grumbling over how unfair it is that Pac and B1G schools only play nine conference games.

ACC fans seem overwhelmingly in favor of this 10 game conference schedule with posts on nearly every team's message boards calling to make it permanent.

Queue the fan grumbling over how unfair it is that Pac and B1G schools only play nine conference games.
Hey man, I think sec fans are also in favor of playing 9 conference games. It has never really been about the fans. Even sec coaches want to play 9 conference games.

Back