What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

The SEC going to 10 games plays right against the ACC. A large part of the reasoning they wanted 10+1 is to preserve the in state rivalries with primarily SEC schools. UF-FSU, Clemson-SC, UGA-GT, Louisville-UK.
yep, that's what Pat Forde suggests in this piece. "we left the option to continue these, it's the SEC who wouldn't play"

I would be down with this or a 9 game plus one OOC P5 game schedule. Just as long as it is uniform across college football.

I would be down with this or a 9 game plus one OOC P5 game schedule. Just as long as it is uniform across college football.

Brian Howell went on a real "orange slicey" twitter rant last night about this and how programs like CU need the 2-3 G5/FCS games for bowl eligibility and how CU "overscheduled" for the next decade. Really cringey reading a Buff's beat writer talk about how the program shouldn't be playing high caliber opponents.

Edit:

Last edited:
Brian Howell went on a really "orange slicey" twitter rant last night about this and how programs like CU need the 2-3 G5/FCS games for bowl eligibility and how CU "overscheduled" for the next decade. Really cringey reading a Buff's beat writer talk about how the program shouldn't be playing high caliber opponents.

Edit:

1. couldn't disagree more with Howell when we're talking CU (or any other P5 school). having a great schedule gives a recruiting advantage and raises the bar for the team.
2. "orange slicey"? legit, have no idea what you mean and google not helping.
3. doesn't the Pac have a requirement about only one non-P5 game?

1. couldn't disagree more with Howell when we're talking CU (or any other P5 school). having a great schedule gives a recruiting advantage and raises the bar for the team.
2. "orange slicey"? legit, have no idea what you mean and google not helping.
3. doesn't the Pac have a requirement about only one non-P5 game?
1. I agree
2. "Orange Slices" is a somewhat common term used to describe the "everyone gets a trophy" or "little league" mentality
3. No. CU would have played CSU and Fresno State this year. They played CSU and AFA last year. Only 1 FCS win can count toward bowl eligibility, but that's the rule across college football

Used this line once in response to a CSU alum who was serving me Starbucks. She noticed my CU mug and tried to make a jab at me. I think I went for the kill shot too early because this broke her.

My best friend/CU roommate was living abroad in London after school. He had a shirt on and a girl walked up to him and asked if he went to CU. She got excited when he said yes and said she went to CSU. He said sorry and walked away.

1. I agree
2. "Orange Slices" is a somewhat common term used to describe the "everyone gets a trophy" or "little league" mentality
3. No. CU would have played CSU and Fresno State this year. They played CSU and AFA last year. Only 1 FCS win can count toward bowl eligibility, but that's the rule across college football

Agree with the takes I've seen so far in this thread. I'll say this on whatever season we see in 2020-this is essentially a year 0. I think this team can pull a .500 season out of this schedule (Gotta beat Arizona, OSU, and WSU. Who knows what UCLA will look like when they come here? We've also knocked off ASU the last two years, so that's not a sure loss, either) but I'm okay if they take a slight step back recordwise (say 3-4 wins instead of 5) given the pandemic and Mel Tucker leaving here the way he did. This season being conference only also eliminates a lot of the excuses Howell made in whatever that was he went on going into 2021-what might be the toughest OOC this program has had in 15 years. Minnesota will be a tough out as long as PJ Fleck is there and A&M is better than we are right now.

Well, that new conference schedule is not doing the Buffs any favors. 3 of the first 4 on the road with an opener at Oregon and the fourth game on the road at SC. Utah at home and Arizona on the road in between. Very well could start out 0-4 with that schedule, especially if we struggle at QB

If we struggle at QB, we will start 04 with any schedule.
With that said, 4 games is a wish at this point.

Anyone interested in 50 yard line seats?

If you can't go .500 in conference play, I don't think you deserve the postseason in football.

The idea of going 3-6 with 3 non-conference cupcake wins to go bowling and call it a successful season makes me cringe.
CSU gets an easier road to bowl games every year, and that makes me cringe.

CSU gets an easier road to bowl games every year, and that makes me cringe.
I disagree. They play peers in conference play and then schedule more up than down in their non-con.

What makes me cringe with CSU is that they are better than CU on a relative basis compared to our respective peers.

This from the AD

COLORADO ATHLETICS UPDATE
Dear InTheBuff,
I hope that this message finds you and your loved ones healthy and safe. With the Pac-12’s announcement of the football schedule today, I am writing to you to share an update on our efforts during the last four months to prepare for what the 2020-21 year could look like.
This time has been challenging. Our Athletic Department, the University of Colorado Boulder, the Pac-12 and the NCAA have been collaborating to find solutions for student-athlete, staff and fan safety. We have been working closely with state and local officials on what is possible while being mindful of the safety and welfare of our student-athletes, their fellow students, faculty, staff and our community.
In the coming weeks, if not days, we will know how fan attendance will be impacted at fall sports events. We continue to work with the State of Colorado, the City of Boulder and the Boulder County Health Department to find the safest solution for everyone in the Boulder community. We ask for your patience until those decisions are announced to consider what the impacts are for you and our program.
We know this fall will look different than anything we’ve experienced before. Once the decision is made on how many fans we can safely host in Folsom Field, if any, we will share that information as soon as possible. We have multiple contingency plans prepared and will communicate our direction with you when it is appropriate.
We all have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in both our daily lives and with regard to our future plans. CU Athletics is no different, particularly when it comes to forecasting our financial position. While the uncertainly surrounding fall sports and the number of fans we can have in our venues prevents us from knowing the full extent of the fiscal challenge we’ll face in 2020-21, we know it will be significant.
To manage the financial impact of COVID-19, we are evaluating every expense while seeking to preserve and enhance the world-class experience we strive to achieve for every CU Boulder student-athlete. Every year, generous contributions from our donors as well as ticket purchases from our fans help provide the resources for the initiatives we have in place. Specifically, our recently launched WHOLE Athlete program, which we believe will take CU Athletics to the next level in achieving this world-class experience. While your support has always been vital to Colorado’s success, it’s never been more critical than it is right now.
I feel we have worked hard to provide the safest possible environment for our student-athletes throughout the pandemic. Similarly, our efforts with our trusted partners at the city, state and county level will ensure the safest possible solution for our fans. Thank you for your continued support of the Buffs. It is truly appreciated and vital during these times. I’m confident that we will get through this together and be better on the other side. Go Buffs!
Respectfully,
Rick George

I like the plans of the ACC and Big 10 of starting the first weekend in September instead of what the SEC and Pac12 are doing waiting until Sep. 26th. I get that the 9/26 date gives teams more time to get ready for the season but by starting early that give teams much more flexibility in postponing games and moving them around if 1 or more teams has a significant outbreak.

I like the plans of the ACC and Big 10 of starting the first weekend in September instead of what the SEC and Pac12 are doing waiting until Sep. 26th. I get that the 9/26 date gives teams more time to get ready for the season but by starting early that give teams much more flexibility in postponing games and moving them around if 1 or more teams has a significant outbreak.
I don’t know man, scheduling games two weeks after students come back to campus seems like a recipe for disaster. The big 10 is supposed to push their back soon too.

Agree with the takes I've seen so far in this thread. I'll say this on whatever season we see in 2020-this is essentially a year 0. I think this team can pull a .500 season out of this schedule (Gotta beat Arizona, OSU, and WSU. Who knows what UCLA will look like when they come here? We've also knocked off ASU the last two years, so that's not a sure loss, either) but I'm okay if they take a slight step back recordwise (say 3-4 wins instead of 5) given the pandemic and Mel Tucker leaving here the way he did. This season being conference only also eliminates a lot of the excuses Howell made in whatever that was he went on going into 2021-what might be the toughest OOC this program has had in 15 years. Minnesota will be a tough out as long as PJ Fleck is there and A&M is better than we are right now.
Howell is a Colorado native. I’m sure last years non con schedule for CU was a wet dream for him.

The late start dates for the SEC and PAC-12 makes it easier to cancel games if cases blow up once students are back.

I disagree. They play peers in conference play and then schedule more up than down in their non-con.

What makes me cringe with CSU is that they are better than CU on a relative basis compared to our respective peers.
If CU played the schedule that CSU plays CU would win 6 or more and be in a bowl. It would also mean that we were a part of the MWC getting MWC payouts and likely recruiting MWC level players.

CSU has an easier road to the bowls but what are those bowls. The MWC bowl tie-ins for 2020
1596250145237.png
An MWC team isn't going to the playoff, Boise has recently been the G5 team to get the New Years Six invite but CSU isn't competing for that.

The conference champion will go to the LA Bowl (replacing the Las Vegas Bowl from prior years) against probably the 4th or 5th bowl qualifier from the PAC.

The MWC would kill to have a shot at the Alamo bowl or the Holiday Bowl. How excited would we be to going each year to the Famous Potato Bowl or the Frisco Bowl? Most of these are games that have payouts that barely cover the cost of playing in them.

While we would take any bowl right now I think our enthusiasm would drop significantly if we were in CSUs shoes.

If CU played the schedule that CSU plays CU would win 6 or more and be in a bowl. It would also mean that we were a part of the MWC getting MWC payouts and likely recruiting MWC level players.

CSU has an easier road to the bowls but what are those bowls. The MWC bowl tie-ins for 2020
View attachment 38436
An MWC team isn't going to the playoff, Boise has recently been the G5 team to get the New Years Six invite but CSU isn't competing for that.

The conference champion will go to the LA Bowl (replacing the Las Vegas Bowl from prior years) against probably the 4th or 5th bowl qualifier from the PAC.

The MWC would kill to have a shot at the Alamo bowl or the Holiday Bowl. How excited would we be to going each year to the Famous Potato Bowl or the Frisco Bowl? Most of these are games that have payouts that barely cover the cost of playing in them.

While we would take any bowl right now I think our enthusiasm would drop significantly if we were in CSUs shoes.
If CU played the schedule CSU plays, CU would be a G5 team. That's my point. CU's peer schools are not G5s while CSU's are.

Channel 9 made the announcement tonight on the Buff's opener in Eugene.

The clip they showed was Montez throwing a pick with a big return against Oregon.

Why the **** would they show that? Why is it so hard to support our team? ****ing assholes.
Just another reason I don't watch 9News. I stick with channel 7.

Channel 9 made the announcement tonight on the Buff's opener in Eugene.

The clip they showed was Montez throwing a pick with a big return against Oregon.

Why the **** would they show that? Why is it so hard to support our team? ****ing assholes.

tThey have not changed it sounds like. They have always gone out of their way to try and show CU athletics, and particularly football, negatively. Always wondered if there were management alumni of CSewe

Back