What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Rocky Mountain Showdown (CANCELED) at Canvas Stadium

It appears that CSU has hired Joey Lynch, current Ball State OC, as their own offensive coordinator. Lateral move for Lynch, but the current head coach at Ball State hasn’t produced a winning season yet over four years, so this is a wise career move for him. For his part, Lynch is fairly young in his 30s and his offense scored points at Ball State (38 ppg).

I feel a little bad for their coaching staff. Their fan base or at least a few of the vocal ones say he must defeat the Buffs on opening weekend to get their support.

I don't think they're going to be good next year with all their transfers out unless they get some amazing transfers in.

It’s going to be fun to see what CU’s DL does vs CSU’s OL. Lang, Sami and Mustafa alone should be dominant, but if Alfano is cleared...
af01d24d-4b0c-48c2-8c8e-27ec2197d971_text.gif

I feel a little bad for their coaching staff. Their fan base or at least a few of the vocal ones say he must defeat the Buffs on opening weekend to get their support.

I don't think they're going to be good next year with all their transfers out unless they get some amazing transfers in.

We should name our score. Hopefully its over 60

The naming the score part is the over the top part.

Lot of moving parts on offense for the first few games of the season.

They'll have the same problem though. They had one stud WR (Preston Williams, Warren Jackson, etc) for most of Bobo's tenure up there......and now HC Dude is going to want to run the ball more one would think based on his BC tenure. We've turned at least our DL into a strength of the team in my opinion with what we've got coming back (I'm assuming Mustafa comes back when I say that). I might be a little over the top there, but I still expect to handle CSU next year.

They'll have the same problem though. They had one stud WR (Preston Williams, Warren Jackson, etc) for most of Bobo's tenure up there......and now HC Dude is going to want to run the ball more one would think based on his BC tenure. We've turned at least our DL into a strength of the team in my opinion with what we've got coming back (I'm assuming Mustafa comes back when I say that). I might be a little over the top there, but I still expect to handle CSU next year.

The matchup between our defense and their offense definitely looks very favorable.

I’m surprised that the sheep canned Bobo. They appeared to be putting things together from time to time late in this season. If Jackson stays, and they have other WR (Wright?) - that was a Freshman and looked like he could be a threat from time to time - they may have a decent targets for O’Brien.
Good for the Buffs is that O’Brien is slllooooow. Get some pressure on him early and often, and it’ll be a long night for the sheep offense.
If the Buffs develop the young kids and incoming class over the spring and summer, I smell a 50-60 point charbroil fiesta.

I may have to attempt to get tickets for this game. My wife has a few cousins that are CSewe alum. Maybe they could be helpful in acquiring a couple tickets?

Addazio will need to hit the JUCO or grad transfer market heavily to plug immediate holes. If they are successful, CSU may be better than expected. If not, I think it will be a long day for them.

Addazio will need to hit the JUCO or grad transfer market heavily to plug immediate holes. If they are successful, CSU may be better than expected. If not, I think it will be a long day for them.
He might go with a youth movement anyways while expectations aren't sky high.

He might go with a youth movement anyways while expectations aren't sky high.

He might and that would probably be the better long term strategy, but CSU fan is already calling the CU game a must win or they’re off the bus already. That fan base...

I don't want to do to a ****er like takeover of their stadium-To me, that could put the idea in their heads that we consider them a rival.
I disagree with this take.

I've been fortunate enough to attend a few games as a visiting fan where the visitors 'owned' the stadium and won the game. The feeling of leaving Wake or Duke after the game with nothing except VT fans left chanting "Let's Go Hokies" was one of "we completely owned the home team in every aspect". Actually, the best experience like this I've ever had was in the NFL, being one of thousands of Green Bay fans leaving BoA Stadium in Charlotte chanting "Go Pack Go", the home team fans having departed early in the fourth quarter.

OTOH, I've also been on the other side of that, seeing Duke fans take over our basketball arena. It's demoralizing watching your fellow fans quit on the game and concede home territory to the majority of visitors.

I disagree with this take.

I've been fortunate enough to attend a few games as a visiting fan where the visitors 'owned' the stadium and won the game. The feeling of leaving Wake or Duke after the game with nothing except VT fans left chanting "Let's Go Hokies" was one of "we completely owned the home team in every aspect". Actually, the best experience like this I've ever had was in the NFL, being one of thousands of Green Bay fans leaving BoA Stadium in Charlotte chanting "Go Pack Go", the home team fans having departed early in the fourth quarter.

OTOH, I've also been on the other side of that, seeing Duke fans take over our basketball arena. It's demoralizing watching your fellow fans quit on the game and concede home territory to the majority of visitors.

...did you do the hokie pokie to celebrate? Because that would have been truly demoralizing to the home team.

...did you do the hokie pokie to celebrate? Because that would have been truly demoralizing to the home team.
I struggle with the challenge presented by the HP between supporting my team and not feeling like a juvenile.

Back