What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Rocky Mountain Showdown (CANCELED) at Canvas Stadium

I expect our defense and OL to dominate the RMS this year. With that, our QB just has to avoid mistakes while safely getting the ball into the hands of our playmakers and it should be a very comfortable win.

I admire your confidence in predicting a total blowout when we have no clue who our QB will be. A win is expected yes.... but still....
This game will be even more lopsided than 2016. CU's offensive line will be solid from day one, not still finding itself and will dominate the line of scrimmage.. CU's d-line is going to be tough this year, as good as 2016 even if Alfano has to redshirt. Going to be fun to spend a day in FoCo eating roast lamb.

An interesting little tidbit on CSU...Bobo headed off to South Carolina to be Muschamp’s OC, and it looks like Muschamp’s son will head to Ft. Collins as their freshman QB recruit this cycle.

It also looks likely that the Buffs will play CSU only three times in the current decade (2020, 2023, and 2024).

An interesting little tidbit on CSU...Bobo headed off to South Carolina to be Muschamp’s OC, and it looks like Muschamp’s son will head to Ft. Collins as their freshman QB recruit this cycle.

It also looks likely that the Buffs will play CSU only three times in the current decade (2020, 2023, and 2024).

good luck, CSU. hope that works out for you

I disagree with this take.

I've been fortunate enough to attend a few games as a visiting fan where the visitors 'owned' the stadium and won the game. The feeling of leaving Wake or Duke after the game with nothing except VT fans left chanting "Let's Go Hokies" was one of "we completely owned the home team in every aspect". Actually, the best experience like this I've ever had was in the NFL, being one of thousands of Green Bay fans leaving BoA Stadium in Charlotte chanting "Go Pack Go", the home team fans having departed early in the fourth quarter.

OTOH, I've also been on the other side of that, seeing Duke fans take over our basketball arena. It's demoralizing watching your fellow fans quit on the game and concede home territory to the majority of visitors.

Come on Hokie-doing that to a conference rival or an actual rival like Nebraska is one thing. Serenading 90k red clad inbreds with our fight song after we handed them a big fat L in Frost's debut (which also happened to be the game where Warden Tom went into their HoF) became one of my favorite CU memories the minute it starting happening. Where I take issue is doing it to CSU-They don't deserve that kind of treatment. We get nothing from the game. This game should go off the schedule after this coming season and we should never play them again in football in my opinion. The atmosphere at Mile High sucked, and I'd venture the one in their new on-campus stadium isn't going to be a lot better. They're not a rival, and I get annoyed with posts in threads like this one that give them that kind of treatment (not saying you're doing that). Given this is the next game, it is what it is-but I'm way more excited to play A&M or for the conference schedule than I am for CSU-the one game we've played every year for the last number of years that I prefer to watch from my couch.

I admire your confidence in predicting a total blowout when we have no clue who our QB will be. A win is expected yes.... but still....
Well we have been beating the ewes by an average of about 3 tds for the last 5 years. I expect our QB play to be an upgrade in 20

Well we have been beating the ewes by an average of about 3 tds for the last 5 years. I expect our QB play to be an upgrade in 20
I'm not sure about QB play, but I think the defense will play a lot better next year than they did in Game 1 this year. It could get ugly.

Of course, this series is always ugly from CSU's perspective; CU is on a back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back winning streak and CSU has won B2B games *checks notes* once since the series resumed in 1983.

Do they have someone better?

I think they’re ok next year with O’Brien and the grad transfer from Temple. Muschamp didn’t seem very good to me. Why take a JAG and kill a roster spot? Grabbing a good prep QB will be critical for them next year, but they will have a wide open depth chart to sell.

I think they’re ok next year with O’Brien and the grad transfer from Temple. Muschamp didn’t seem very good to me. Why take a JAG and kill a roster spot? Grabbing a good prep QB will be critical for them next year, but they will have a wide open depth chart to sell.

Critical how?

Are we really judging levels of suck? Getting a good prep QB will still mean they suck, not getting anybody good will still mean that they suck. Either way they suck.

The Dude is talking tough. Evidently Addazio had this to say about CU at an event last night in Cherry Hills.

“we’re going to punch them in the mouth and make their noses bleed”

giphy.gif

Back