What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Rocky Mountain Showdown (CANCELED) at Canvas Stadium

Budweiser events center is propped up by the Eagles. If they didn't exist, or go away, then that facility goes away. I have no idea how Broomfield events center stays in business
In non-Covid times. There’s probably a concert or show at the Broomfield center at least once a week.

Budweiser events center is propped up by the Eagles. If they didn't exist, or go away, then that facility goes away. I have no idea how Broomfield events center stays in business
1STBANK Center (formerly Broomfield Events Center) pulls in some pretty good events.

Some of the ones I've seen there:
- Mike Alvarado vs Ruslon Provodnikiv
- Mike Alvarado vs Brandon Rios
- Jim Gaffigan
- Nine Inch Nails
- A Perfect Cricle

I went to a few 14ers games before they left for San Antonio, but never made it to a Rage game.

1STBANK Center (formerly Broomfield Events Center) pulls in some pretty good events.

- Jim Gaffigan
- Nine Inch Nails
- A Perfect Cricle

I went to a few 14ers games before they left for San Antonio, but never made it to a Rage game.
Do they still call them the 14ers?

- Jim Gaffigan
- Nine Inch Nails
- A Perfect Cricle

The 1st Bank Center actually still has the court and hoops for the 14ers. It is used to store the equipment for the concerts.

Bears at least live in Tennessee. Not particularly close to Memphis, but a helluva lot closer than a legitimate Jazz scene is to Utah.

Have no data or examples but it seems like the 1st Bank Center (Broomfield) in addition to the concert business gets a fair number of private or closed events. Things like corporate meetings, church events, etc. these don't fill the place up but they help cover the ongoing cost of running the facility.

Mike Bohn did something for the Buffs there a few years ago. I don't remember what it was. Something about poor people sitting around watching rich people eat.
Yeah it was the event everyone thought we would announce the new facilities and he never did. This was like 2011 and we just beat Wazzu on the road but we’re terrible. No facilities announcement so when Benson and DiStefano came out we started booing. Some dad got pissed and told me to leave.

Typical Bohn

Last edited:
before Mission Ballroom, it was the only "mid size" music venue in the Denver metro area -- larger than the theaters (ogden, fillmore, bluebird, etc..) but not as huge and expensive as the Pepsi Center.

before Mission Ballroom, it was the only "mid size" music venue in the Denver metro area -- larger than the theaters (ogden, fillmore, bluebird, etc..) but not as huge and expensive as the Pepsi Center.
Also the same management company that owns 1st bank center owns Mission Ballroom.

I didn't realize that. I do think the Broomfield venue is great for live music.

I’ve been there for a concert once, it was Shinedown and Breaking Benjamin and that venue is trash for concerts. It was good for comedy as I went and saw the puppet guy, whatever his name is.

Having seen Shinedown at Red Rocks, Broomfield events center sounds like ****.

I’ve been there for a concert once, it was Shinedown and Breaking Benjamin and that venue is trash for concerts. It was good for comedy as I went and saw the puppet guy, whatever his name is.

Having seen Shinedown at Red Rocks, Broomfield events center sounds like ****.
I have maybe 6 data points from shows attended at 1st Bank Center and don't recall any issues with the sound. I don't claim to have the most refined hearing, but maybe it's possible the setup was bad for your show.

No, I had to think for a second, it was Jeff Dunham.
giphy.gif

What!? I completely disagree, one of the best venues in Colorado.

You’re crazy. I think it’s trash lol but I also think Fiddlers Green is trash too. Broomfield events center is very nice inside but I don’t think the arena is setup well for concerts, it’s like being in a high school gym. I’d much prefer Red Rocks (who wouldn’t?) or one of the smaller venues like the Ogden, Summit, Fillmore, Gothic or Paramount. I love Fiddlers setup outdoors but it’s just a **** hole and it’s a nightmare to get in and out of.

I wish Colorado would build more open air amphitheater’s.

You’re crazy. I think it’s trash lol but I also think Fiddlers Green is trash too. Broomfield events center is very nice inside but I don’t think the arena is setup well for concerts, it’s like being in a high school gym. I’d much prefer Red Rocks (who wouldn’t?) or one of the smaller venues like the Ogden, Summit, Fillmore, Gothic or Paramount. I love Fiddlers setup outdoors but it’s just a **** hole and it’s a nightmare to get in and out of.

Of course an open air amphitheater is going to be a better musical venue. The rest you are comparing a multipurpose medium sized facility to venues that were designed specifically as theaters.

Even in an amphitheater a 6,000 seat venue isn't going to have the intimacy of a 1,000-3,000 seat venue. Red Rocks is internationally famous because it is a larger facility with amazing acoustics and the feel of a much smaller venue, not something that has been duplicated easily in other places.

Also as to building more outdoor venues it's not something likely to happen. They require significant space close to population centers and transportation, that real estate is too expensive to make them profitable. Bigger issue is that an outdoor concert venue is going to face an uphill battle with local residents who don't want the noise and traffic in their neighborhoods

Fiddler's is located in the middle of an office park and was built starting in 1988 before the current real estate boom. I doubt it would get built today.

Last edited:
Of course an open air amphitheater is going to be a better musical venue. The rest you are comparing a multipurpose medium sized facility to venues that were designed specifically as theaters.

Even in an amphitheater a 6,000 seat venue isn't going to have the intimacy of a 1,000-3,000 seat venue. Red Rocks is internationally famous because it is a larger facility with amazing acoustics and the feel of a much smaller venue, not something that has been duplicated easily in other places.

Absolutely, Red Rocks is in a class of its own. Which was never more obvious as I said because I’ve Shinedown at Red Rocks and at Broomfield Event Center. Anyone who isn’t knowledgeable of them, the lead singer has an incredible voice and it’s unbelievable live. He sounded just as good at Broomfield Event Center but he sounded unbelievable at Red Rocks with how that place is setup, it’s just a much better experience, obviously. Knowing that might have led to my disappointment some, it wasn’t a much more subdued experience. I do enjoy the smaller more intimate settings, they’re more fun.

I’m not intentionally comparing them but people are saying it’s “one of the best venues in Colorado” and it just isn’t. For concerts? I don’t even think I would put it in the top 10.

1st Bank Center isn't any different than any other similar venue. It's a multi-purpose venue that serves the purpose to host an array of events. If you want a perfect setting for a concert, then go to a concert only venue.

Back