What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

So we have:

2016 CSU Idaho St @Mich
2017 CSU, Texas St, UNCO (WTF)
2018 CSU, @Nebraska, New Hampshire
2019 CSU, vs Nebraska, Fresno St.
2020 CSU, AFA, @TAMU
2021 UMASS, TAMU(could be in Denver), Minnesota (Awesome home schedule)
2022 TCU, @AFA, @Minnesota
2023 @TCU, Nebraska, OPEN
2024 OPEN, @Nebraska, OPEN

Article on the GT games- http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210850703

A few parts-
"
The first game will be in Boulder on Aug. 30, 2025 at Folsom Field, with the return trip by the Buffaloes to Atlanta and Bobby Dodd Stadium on Sept. 5, 2026. They are the first games CU has scheduled for both those seasons and the furthest out an opponent appears on any schedule.

“It’s important for us to play games in parts of the country where we can’t get to very often for our alumni bases, and we have a good one in Georgia,” CU athletic director Rick George said. “It will be a terrific high profile series, and I am sure some fans will use it to settle the bragging rights back to 1990.”

Though seldom meeting in any sport, the schools have two very significant ties: CU head coach Mike MacIntyre is a 1989 graduate of Georgia Tech, where he lettered twice (1987-88) at free safety and punt returner for legendary head coach Bobby Ross. And current Georgia Tech President G.P. “Bud” Peterson was the chancellor of the CU-Boulder campus from 2006-09 before accepting the presidency at Georgia Tech.

“Playing my alma mater, Georgia Tech, will be both a unique and marquee series since both schools shared the ’90 championship,” MacIntyre said. “Both have great histories in college football, and it will be a great intersectional non-conference game.”
"

Now to schedule the games with Navy and complete the triple-option series.

Love this schedule add. RG is killing it and the RMS is dead. We have been recruiting the South as well so nice exposure and a way to tell kids we are going into your backyard. Will be in GA for the second game for sure

Love this schedule add. RG is killing it and the RMS is dead. We have been recruiting the South as well so nice exposure and a way to tell kids we are going into your backyard. Will be in GA for the second game for sure
Will definitely help with that 9-11 year old age group!

Thanks rocket scientist. If we are going to keep recruiting nationally and want to have visibility, games against ACC and SEC teams will add a ton of value long term.
R-E-L-A-X, Relax. I agree but was just having some fun with you.

I like how they made MM comment on this home and home series happening 10 years from now. Whether he fails or succeeds at CU, is there any chance he is the HC in 2025? Like even the smallest chance?

I like how they made MM comment on this home and home series happening 10 years from now. Whether he fails or succeeds at CU, is there any chance he is the HC in 2025? Like even the smallest chance?
I thought that was kind of funny too. He could theoretically become CU's Bobby Bowden, but the chances are so small as to not even be seriously worth discussion.

I thought that was kind of funny too. He could theoretically become CU's Bobby Bowden, but the chances are so small as to not even be seriously worth discussion.
I see 4 scenarios with varying probabilities.
1. MM doesn't make a bowl game this year and gets fired (50/50)
2. MM makes a bowl game this year, gets extended and takes CU to a middling P12 team that hovers around 6-8 wins/year and eventually gets fired anyway because RG wants someone who can take the program to the next level. (40/60)
3. MM makes a bowl game and it vaults the program to the next level in 2017 and 2018 and some SEC program poaches him for twice as much as CU can pay. (20/80)
4. MM has great success from here on out and becomes our Bobby Bowden, viewing CU as a coaching destination. (1/100 maybe less)

I see 4 scenarios with varying probabilities.
1. MM doesn't make a bowl game this year and gets fired (50/50)
2. MM makes a bowl game this year, gets extended and takes CU to a middling P12 team that hovers around 6-8 wins/year and eventually gets fired anyway because RG wants someone who can take the program to the next level. (40/60)
3. MM makes a bowl game and it vaults the program to the next level in 2017 and 2018 and some SEC program poaches him for twice as much as CU can pay. (20/80)
4. MM has great success from here on out and becomes our Bobby Bowden, viewing CU as a coaching destination. (1/100 maybe less)

MM gives 110%.

Probably won't be here when the games are played but you would expect him to comment when the team he is coaching is scheduled to play his Alma Mater

Back