What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
2023 Schedule:
DateTime (MT)OpponentLocationBroadcastResult
Sat, 9/210:00 amTCUFort Worth, TXFOXW - 45-42
Sat, 9/910:00am NebraskaBoulder, COFOXW - 36-14
Sat, 9/168:00 pmColorado StateBoulder, COESPNW - 43-35
Sat, 9/231:30 pmOregonEugene, ORABC
Sat 9/3010:00 amUSCBoulder, COFOX
Sat, 10/7TBDArizona StateTempe, AZTBA
Fri, 10/138:00 pmStanfordBoulder, COESPN
Sat, 10/28TBDUCLAPasadena, CATBA
Sat, 11/4TBDOregon StateBoulder, COTBA
Sat, 11/11TBDArizonaBoulder, COTBA
Fri, 11/178:30 pmWashington StatePullman, WAFS1
Sat, 11/25TBDUtahSalt Lake City, UTTBA
Fri, 12/16:00 pmPAC-12 Championship GameLas Vegas, NVABC
2023 Schedule:
ASU moved to Week 0? Possibly a neutral site instead of road?
TCU (Away) - Sat, Sep 2
Nebraska (Home) - Sat, Sep 9
CSU (Home) - Sat, Sep 16
Pac-12 - 4 Home, 5 Away (no Cal or Washington)

Last edited by a moderator:
https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/colorado/

2024 Schedule:
North Dakota State (Home) - Sat, Aug 31
Nebraska (Away) - Sat, Sep 7
Colorado State (Away) - Sat, Sep 14
Pac-12- 5 Home, 4 Away (no Cal or Washington)

2025 Schedule:
Georgia Tech (Home) - Sat, Aug 30
Houston (Away) - Sat, Sep 6
Wyoming (Home) - Sat, Sep 20
Pac-12 - 4 Home, 5 Away (no Oregon or Stanford)

2026 Schedule:
Georgia Tech (Away) - Sat, Sep 5
Houston (Home) - Sat, Sep 12
Northwestern (Away) - Sat, Sep 19
Pac-12- 5 Home, 4 Away (no Oregon or Stanford)

2027 Schedule:
Colgate (Home) - Sat, Sep 4
Northwestern (Home) - Sat, Sep 11
Kansas State (Home) - Sat, Sep 18
Pac-12- 4 Home, 5 Away

2028 Schedule:
UMass (Home) - Sat, Sep 2
Florida (Away) - Sat, Sep 9
Kansas State (Away) - Sat, Sep 16
Pac-12- 5 Home, 4 Away

2029 Schedule:
TBA - Sat, Sep 1
Florida (Home) - Sat, Sep 8
Colorado State (Away) - Sat, Sep 15
Pac-12 - 4 Home, 5 Away

2030 Schedule:
SMU (Home) - Sat, Aug 31
Missouri (Home) - Sat, Sep 7
Colorado State (Home) - Sat, Sep 14
Pac-12 - 5 Home, 4 Away

2031 Schedule:
Missouri (Home) - Sat, Aug 30
SMU (Away) - Sat, Sep 6
TBA - Sat, Sep 13

2032 Schedule:
North Texas (Home) - Sat, Sep 4
TBA - Sat, Sep 11

2033 Schedule:
North Texas (Away) - Sat, Sep 3
TBA - Sat, Sep 10
Colorado State (Home) - Sat, Sep 17

2034 Schedule:
TBA - Sat, Sep 2
TBA - Sat, Sep 9
Colorado State (Away) - Sat, Sep 16

2035 Schedule:

2036 Schedule:
TBA - Sat, Aug 31
TBA - Sat, Sep 6
Oklahoma State (Away) - Sat, Sep 13

2037 Schedule:
TBA - Sat, Sep 5
Oklahoma State (Home) - Sat, Sep 12
Colorado State (Home) - Sat, Sep 19

2038 Schedule:
TBA - Sat, Sep 4
Colorado State (Away) - Sat, Sep 11
TBA - Sat, Sep 18

Last edited:
The main changes to the future schedules are:

In 2016, Idaho State replaced San Jose State on the home schedule. I'd assume this was so that players MacIntyre recruited to SJSU will graduate before we next play them.

In 2019, the home makeup game for the Fresno State flood cancellation in 2013 will happen. The 2nd UMass home game was previously scheduled for that slot and has been moved to 2021.

I hope that once we are done with this CSU series we try to schedule 2 home OOC games and 1 neutral site versus P5

Yikes. Outside of Nebraska, not much to get the casual fans engaged. Better be really good if/when we improve in the W/L columns.

They'll renew the series

Not on the same terms and not as a Denver event.

Only way I can see it happening is if RG wants to make sure he's got a baseline of 5 home games a year that are good fan draws by making CSU a home game in all the years that CU has 4 home Pac-12 games. CSU would then have to decide in the opposite years if it is willing to match the visitor payout to CU that we command by hosting in Ft. Collins or if they need to play the game in Denver those years.

And that's the maximum of how far the extension will go. There's also a chance that the series becomes something that's not played every year or that takes a long break with no new contract worked out for a while. It won't be happening as an annual Denver event, though.

RG is not a fan of the CSU series. I'd look to see that series either completely eliminated or drastically restructured.

If the CSU series dies, college football in Colorado loses. When both teams are good, it's one of the best annual sporting events in the state, and can easily sell out SA Field in Denver.

We don't have enough flexibility with the CSU series. We're locked into the same teams almost every season.

If the CSU series dies, college football in Colorado loses. When both teams are good, it's one of the best annual sporting events in the state, and can easily sell out SA Field in Denver.

How many sellouts in the past decade?

Man, you are just all about revisiting the great debates of Allbuffs lore. Your conclusion is wrong and I don't care about football in Colorado anyways. I care about Colorado Football.

Man, you are just all about revisiting the great debates of Allbuffs lore. Your conclusion is wrong and I don't care about football in Colorado anyways. I care about Colorado Football.

Sorry, 1*Mod, I don't go re read everything that's ever been posted on here. I joined this site 2 weeks ago and haven't been a part of the conversations. If you don't care to revisit "the great debates of Allbuffs lore", than don't.

My conclusion isn't wrong, btw. Back in the Klatt vs BVP era or when both CU and CSU were top 25 programs, it was one of the most anticipated sporting events in the state. That is a fact.

@tante - Please re read my comment. "When both teams are good..."

Would you mind sharing your thoughts about all white unis?

Sorry, 1*Mod, I don't go re read everything that's ever been posted on here. I joined this site 2 weeks ago and haven't been a part of the conversations. If you don't care to revisit "the great debates of Allbuffs lore", than don't.

My conclusion isn't wrong, btw. Back in the Klatt vs BVP era or when both CU and CSU were top 25 programs, it was one of the most anticipated sporting events in the state. That is a fact.

@tante - Please re read my comment. "When both teams are good..."
I responded, didn't I?

And in the entire history of the series, there has been about 3 years when both teams have been good. Not exactly a great fact.

Kill. With. Fire.

Would you mind sharing your thoughts about all white unis?

I understand you're making a sarcastic comment but I guess I don't understand the reasoning for it. Do you do this to anyone who makes a legitimate comment on these boards? I'm confused by all the condescension on this site by some of the "seasoned" posters.

I responded, didn't I?

And in the entire history of the series, there has been about 3 years when both teams have been good. Not exactly a great fact.

Kill. With. Fire.

For about a decade from the mid 90s to the mid 2000s, that rivalry was selling out Mile High on a yearly basis.

I don't give a flying **** about anything other than what's best for CU.

Well, except for the playing college games in pro stadiums thing. That sucks and should not be done. College football games belong on campus.

For about a decade from the mid 90s to the mid 2000s, that rivalry was selling out Mile High on a yearly basis.
Let's take a closer look at those 10 years (1996 to 2006). These were the years during that time period the game was in denver:

1998 —76,036, Colorado 42-14
1999 73,438 CSU 41-14
2000 67,466 CSU 28-24
2001 75,022 Colorado 41-14
2002 75,531 CSU 19-14
2003 76,219 Colorado 42-35
2006 65,701 CSU 14-10

1996, played in FoCo
1997, played in Boulder.

2004-05 the game was in Boulder.

in your 10 year period, there were 4 "sellouts" and 1 "close." Also, these are inflated #s as they count on the CU season ticket holder base (20 to 25k) as "sold." Many of those people don't show up. One of those games was the first one ever as well, so that's an inflated # that wasn't sustainable.

So your statement is wrong. Still on that 3 year period when "both teams were good" limitation.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_23960113/cu-buffs-vs-csu-rams-game-downward-spiral

And let's not even count the absolute awfulness that the game has been in the nearly 10 years since 2006. Not worth it. Kill with fire.

@Undefeated, Let me say it without being as sarcastic as the others.

With the CSU game and 9 pac-12 games, we are locked into 10/12 in normal years. That doesn't give us the flexibility needed to schedule marquee out of conference games. We are left searching through the scraps the other P5 schools have left behind. ie UMass.

Also with the new playoff structure, and the rapidly expanding gap between the P5 and the leftovers, the series hurts us in the long run. They do not add anything to our SOS. They do not move the needle nationally. Until CSU becomes a member of the big boy conferences the football series really no longer serves a purpose to the University of Colorado.

Sure, casual college fans in the state and alumni of either university enjoy the game for the most part, but it doesn't help the buffs at all. A loss to them hurts us more than a win helps us.

The series will either be restructured or it will die. There will be no more annual game at SAF @ MH once the contract is over. RG doesn't like it and a lot of the fan base does not like it either. In fact I believe CU intentionally did not promote the game this year in an effort to drop attendance below the baseline required to keep the contract going.

I understand you're making a sarcastic comment but I guess I don't understand the reasoning for it. Do you do this to anyone who makes a legitimate comment on these boards? I'm confused by all the condescension on this site by some of the "seasoned" posters.

You're new here, and most welcome.

Two words of advice: Lighten up.

Everybody gets ribbed, sometimes mercilessly, here. Nobody expects you to go back and read the last five years of post to catch up.

I would point out, some of the topics you have raised, legitimate as they may be, have been beaten to death, buried, dug up, and beaten again. "Do stars matter" and "should we keep the CSU series" are probably two of the most re-hashed topics. You just happened to hit them both in rapid succession. No harm done. Hang around, my guess is you'll be fine.

Alright I will cease with one of "the great debates of Allbuffs lore". I guess I get caught up with nostalgia when thinking about the CSU games with Klatt and BVP lighting it up in the rain, JJ Billingsley making an all or nothing goal line stand at Folsom, Mason Crosby nailing a game winner as time expires, and yes, even Kevin McDougal running for 200+ on us in a blowout when we were a top 25 team, inciting tear gas in the stadium. There were always 2 games every year that I looked forward do more than any sporting event, and they were the CSU game and the Nebraska game. SMFH that both rivalries could/will be done, if you guys are correct.

Everybody gets ribbed, sometimes mercilessly, here. Nobody expects you to go back and read the last five years of post to catch up.

I would point out, some of the topics you have raised, legitimate as they may be, have been beaten to death, buried, dug up, and beaten again. "Do stars matter" and "should we keep the CSU series" are probably two of the most re-hashed topics. You just happened to hit them both in rapid succession. No harm done. Hang around, my guess is you'll be fine.

Fair enough.

so much for learning the hard way. Kids have it easy these days.

Post #2 has been updated to include the aTm and TCU series.

Starting in 2019, these schedules are very entertaining slates for we fans. Gonna be so much fun.

Good news on the Hawai'i game. Plati issued a press release announcing that CBSSN has reconsidered things and has decided to air the CU @ UH game. Now none of us will get any sleep that Thursday. h/t to Adam Munsterteiger.

Good news on the Hawai'i game. Plati issued a press release announcing that CBSSN has reconsidered things and has decided to air the CU @ UH game. Now none of us will get any sleep that Thursday. h/t to Adam Munsterteiger.
Watch game from 11 pm to about 2 am. Hit the sack around 3 because I'll be too amped to go right to bed. Up at 5:30 for work. Leave work at 4:15 and fall asleep at the wheel and run into a telephone pole at about 4:30. Since the hospital probably doesn't carry the Pac 12 network, I'll probably miss the UMass game.

Back