What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Pac 12 Tournament Thread

There was some discussion of how things are gonna shake out in the pod this week.

I tried my best and ran the different scenarios on how many games we need to win to get which seed in the Pac-12 tournament. Let me know if I made any mistakes, as it got really confusing with all of the head to head matchups.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 4.30.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 4.30.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 4.30.58 PM.png

Looking at the bracket, I just realized that the top 5 get a bye and we're locked in to a top 5 finish, so we're good as far as playing in the 1st round of the tournament goes.

the pessimism is really strong this year. i think last year's collapse has all the hoops fans expecting the worst, and the CU fans who don't follow basketball closely have been soured by football.

I need an web based pac 12 bracket scenario generator to confirm, but I think I'm seeing CU end up w/ the 3rd or 4th.

try this one:

http://bball.notnothing.net/pac12.php?sport=mbb

We still control all of our main goals, but criminy when I look at the standings and realize we lost to Washington, to Cal, and blew a 20 point lead to Utah at home.....

We could be talking about closing out the conference title on Saturday. 😖

I've done a deep dive into the games left to play, stats (including advanced metrics), injury status, and momentum and can confirm that the Buffs will be seeded third in the Pac 12 tournament.

Why? Because that's the game that starts at 11:30 Eastern time. :mad:

pac-12.com_mens-basketball_mens-basketball-tournament.png

I've done a deep dive into the games left to play, stats (including advanced metrics), injury status, and momentum and can confirm that the Buffs will be seeded third in the Pac 12 tournament.

Why? Because that's the game that starts at 11:30 Eastern time. :mad:

View attachment 43374
We need that 2-seed for no other reason than it being perfect weekday viewing time.

3 way tie at 13 wins for most conference wins in the pac 12. CU is 1-1 v UCLA and 2-0 against USC. Oregon has 11 wins.

CU is in 4th place. This program just does weird **** man.

Is it not by winning percentage?
It is.

If we beat ASU we finish 14-6. We have the tiebreaker over USC and UCLA/Oregon will play fewer games than us so all we need is 1 of those 3 to get to 6 losses.

If Arizona beats Oregon, Oregon and USC both have 5 losses. If Oregon and USC win out from there (to avoid loss #6) that means they both beat UCLA, who would end up with 6 losses.

It is.

If we beat ASU we finish 14-6. We have the tiebreaker over USC and UCLA/Oregon will play fewer games than us so all we need is 1 of those 3 to get to 6 losses.

If Arizona beats Oregon, Oregon and USC both have 5 losses. If Oregon and USC win out from there (to avoid loss #6) that means they both beat UCLA, who would end up with 6 losses.
Basically for CU to improve its seed we need to beat ASU AND
USC loses once OR
UCLA loses twice OR
Oregon loses twice

It helps Oregon and USC both still have UCLA remaining.

Basically for CU to improve its seed we need to beat ASU AND
USC loses once OR
UCLA loses twice OR
Oregon loses twice

It helps Oregon and USC both still have UCLA remaining.
In short, what we need to cheer for is:

1. Beating ASU this week

2. UA playing Oregon like it's their last game & post-season

3. UCLA to win out to finish alone at the top of the standings

For bonus points, we can also root for OSU against UO and Stanford against USC.

That's all easy stuff for me to root for.

In short, what we need to cheer for is:

1. Beating ASU this week

2. UA playing Oregon like it's their last game & post-season

3. UCLA to win out to finish alone at the top of the standings

For bonus points, we can also root for OSU against UO and Stanford against USC.

That's all easy stuff for me to root for.

Prolly a must win tourney wise for Furd. At least we can hope so.

It'd be really nice if Oregon and UCLA played twice this year. I feel like we're going to lose the conference title by a winning percentage tie breaker to one of those two teams who both didn't play 20 conference games

So frustrating that we should be 16-3 and possibly 17-3 in the conference without those 3 terrible losses!!!
Would kill to replay those games

ASU getting sick would have caused our game to be canceled. I would have been good with that.
I understand the thought process, but I'd love to see these guys get to 20 wins. If it doesn't work out that way, I'm optimistic it is a chip on their shoulder going in to the Pac 12 tourney.

Back